• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theaddict
    • Apr 2008

good luck bro!

Originally posted by bestial View Post
    Yeah, I also saw somewhere that the tanks is the same, and the model at Luisa could'nt be charged with having big breasts. But we'll see how it works out in a couple of days.
    Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• JSebbe
      • Mar 2008

Otherwise its time for you bestial to introduce your girlfriend to RO, nice christmas gift I might say!

Comment

• theaddict
        • Apr 2008

If she doesnt know that you bought it for yourself in the first instance...

Originally posted by JSebbe View Post
        Otherwise its time for you bestial to introduce your girlfriend to RO, nice christmas gift I might say!
        Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by LEWisMe View Post
          Quick question on CCP jacket sizing:

I tried on the SS08 scarred stitch jacket at Maxfield in a 50 (they only jacket they had). It fit me well in terms of shoulder width but the elbow joints were a bit too far down and didn't like up perfectly with my elbows. Also when zipped, there was more room in the chest than I'd like and the worst part was that it "belled" out horrifically at the bottom. The upper arm width was on the snug side and if it was any tighter, I would not be able wear more than a thin LS tee or my upper arms won't fit.

That said, does this mean that my body type won't properly fit into a CCP leather jacket? I think a 46 would have been great but I'm worried that the upper arms and shoulders would be too narrow.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
          To be honest, not many people fit a CCP jacket, unless you have really narrow shoulders. You are simply encountering the problem that many others encounter. If you like to feel physically comfortable in your clothes, don't buy it.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• LEWisMe
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            To be honest, not many people fit a CCP jacket, unless you have really narrow shoulders. You are simply encountering the problem that many others encounter. If you like to feel physically comfortable in your clothes, don't buy it.
            Thanks for responding Faust. So how do Brad Pitt, Seal, and Jude Law fit in them? Are theirs all custom made? I would say that my body type is similar to Brad Pitt's by visual comparison though I've never seen him in person and haven't the foggiest as to his measurements...
            "Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead." Rick Owens

Comment

• ddohnggo
              • Oct 2006

the cut of the scar stitch jacket is inferior to f/w 07 or s/s07. try and find one of those to try on if you can.
              Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Arcane
                • Jul 2008

I'm thinking of kopping these Ann D boots but I would like some sizing advice as I know Ann footwear can be a bit tricky. Also, it would be nice with some fitpics as I'm afraid they might be too heavy/clumsy for my liking.

Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

arcane, save yourself hundreds of bucks and get yourself a pair of Red Wings pull on work boots. It's what these are modeled after... same with the Rick version of the pull on boot.

The new Red Wings have the chunky sole, vintage ones have a thinner one that is leather & rubber. I'm bidding on a pair now which i'll redye black and voila, the $800 pair of boots look for $50 plus dye and I'll wear them without worry!
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                    • Nov 2007

Quick question on CCP jacket sizing:

I tried on the SS08 scarred stitch jacket at Maxfield in a 50 (they only jacket they had). It fit me well in terms of shoulder width but the elbow joints were a bit too far down and didn't like up perfectly with my elbows. Also when zipped, there was more room in the chest than I'd like and the worst part was that it "belled" out horrifically at the bottom. The upper arm width was on the snug side and if it was any tighter, I would not be able wear more than a thin LS tee or my upper arms won't fit.

That said, does this mean that my body type won't properly fit into a CCP leather jacket? I think a 46 would have been great but I'm worried that the upper arms and shoulders would be too narrow.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
                    it sounds like you need a smaller size. the proportions don't necessarily change in proportion with the size. sorry if that's confusing.
                    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Word.

The cut of a classic CCP overlock is indeed narrow shoulders, slim arms and upper chest with a flaring out beginning at the waist down to the hem of the jacket. It's kinda just what it is and you either get used to it or not ;)

This is absolutely definitely a jacket to try on before you buy at all. The s/s versions will mold to you better than the thicker f/w ones. You'll hear people say that the s/s 07 overlocks fit one size small but after buying the 52 green/gray one with mesh interior I really should have gone for my true to size 50 and let it mold to me. The proportions (especially from the waist down) would have been better then.

now, combine that with what AKA and Faust said and you'll be more confused than ever ;)
                      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                        • Nov 2007

and at the end of the day you can only expect so much from a $5,000 jacket...
                        LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Arcane View Post
                          I'm thinking of kopping these Ann D boots but I would like some sizing advice as I know Ann footwear can be a bit tricky. Also, it would be nice with some fitpics as I'm afraid they might be too heavy/clumsy for my liking.

Arcane, I'm normally a size 42, and I had to buy these in
                          a 41(and I can still get wool socks down in them).
                          They are on the heavy side, and fits loosely around
                          your legs, but still an elegant feel that most Ann boots have.
                          I can't help you with a fit pics, as I don't have a camera,
                          but you can get an idea on Browns website, maybe if there
                          is other members here who can help?!

Anyways they are absolutely beautiful and well worth it!
                          Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                          Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Thanks for responding Faust. So how do Brad Pitt, Seal, and Jude Law fit in them? Are theirs all custom made? I would say that my body type is similar to Brad Pitt's by visual comparison though I've never seen him in person and haven't the foggiest as to his measurements...
                            I don't know, but come to think of it I've never seen a picture of any of them wear the jacket closed (except, I think Seal).
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Raw Edge
                              • Jan 2008

i've seen brad wear it closed and he's a beast!
                              He must have really high armholes!

Comment

• bestial
                                • Jun 2008

Originally posted by JSebbe View Post
                                Yeah, you're right! No more H&M for her!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎