• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vanna
    • May 2008

Originally posted by ardeetee View Post
    despite the larger toebox, the combats run pretty TTS
    Aah, thanks for the reply.

It's too late though, I bought the Augustas Staton just listed. God, what is SZ doing to me.
    Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
      • Mar 2007

shops in Copenhagen

Need some recommendations for shops in Copenhagen selling SZ-style labels.

Many Thanks!!

Comment

• May 2007

I hear the G9 is better than the G10. I'd also look into an old canon 10D if you have a budget and want a dslr, it's a fantastic camera and would be my choice if you want a budget dslr... If you're looking into high-end compacts like the G9, also consider the Ricoh digital GRII and the Sigma DP1. I'm guessing all those cameras are around $700 now.

Originally posted by kbi View Post
        I'm posting this here cause I don't know where else to put it. If I'm wrong here please don't hesitate to redirect me.

I'd like to buy a digital camera. Not too high-end but still one I can use for art school (certain quality pictures for documentation's sake). I just like to take nice pictures but photographic work isn't really my field or not yet so I thought I could start off with something like a canon powershot G10 or a Nikon Coolpix..

Has anyone got experience with this kind of cameras or any other tips? (where to buy/other suggestions?)

thanks for help!

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
          • Mar 2007

Don't bother with the Sigma DP1...it's too slow, especially when shooting RAW...heard that the DP2 might be out soon though...

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
            Need some recommendations for shops in Copenhagen selling SZ-style labels.

Many Thanks!!
            Paris-Texas
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kbi
              • Feb 2009

Yeah well I'm shooting with a friend's nikon d200 right now, which I like a lot and I've also found people selling them for like 800$ on ebay, which is like 200$ more than the compact powershot g10 but it's just so fucking huge and heavy.. How I interpreted your tips was more or less that there's nothing really inbetween? So i could just as well buy a cheaper digital camera for like 200$ if I just want a light camera to carry around and take quick & clear shots or at least there's no vast difference?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

No, I did not say that. If you want anything more than just day time snaps, the G series and the Nikon I pointed out are noticeably better than the cheapo cameras. However, they are not substitute for a dSLR, because of a smaller sensor. It's physics, man, can't go against it.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Spencer
                  • Feb 2007

ccp derbies. The heel slippage. How do you guys do it? Just picked up my first pair, and they are just too badass to sell, but I don't know if I can deal with the heel. It's all mental because I've been wearing them around the house and actually enjoy the slight airy feel on every step. And they couldn't fit me any better. At least size wise.

Not sure what my question is. Looking for reassurance before I decide to keep I suppose.

Comment

• awlouie
                    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
                    ccp derbies. The heel slippage. How do you guys do it? Just picked up my first pair, and they are just too badass to sell, but I don't know if I can deal with the heel. It's all mental because I've been wearing them around the house and actually enjoy the slight airy feel on every step. And they couldn't fit me any better. At least size wise.

Not sure what my question is. Looking for reassurance before I decide to keep I suppose.
                    Most shoes, especially loafers will have a bit of a heel slippage. A lot of slippage may mean that they're too big, if not, the sole may need some time to break in. If they're a size 6, then you need to sell them to me.
                    "Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
                    -Bruce Lee

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

Mainly it's because Carol's cut around the ankle is rather generous. I got used to it (plus it's different on every shoe). You could try different insoles to see if that helps to 'tighten' or stabilize your foot better.
                      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Spencer
                        • Feb 2007

It's very minor slippage (there's no chance of the shoe coming off). It's just something that I wasn't expecting. And I doubt I'd be able to throw in an insole. They fit me damn near perfect.

Like I said, I think I enjoy the feel actually. It's just getting over my brain saying "Shoe's falling off, Spence!"

Comment

• sshum88
                          • Dec 2007

I'm with Cas on trying out some different insoles...not sure if they sell half insoles from the heel to the middle of the foot but that could work. If not, just cut up a pair. I have narrow heels and I put in a pair of insoles for almost every pair of shoes that I own and it helps to prevent my heel from lifting.
                          Originally posted by eat me
                          If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Paris-Texas
                            thanks Faust!

Comment

• polishmike
                              • Jan 2007

So i could just as well buy a cheaper digital camera for like 200$ if I just want a light camera to carry around and take quick & clear shots or at least there's no vast difference?
                              Thats what I would do. I have a small Canon point & shoot. Got an older model with a little smaller screen (don't care that much for 3") but with a quick startup time. It's durable, small and takes good enough photos. Now I think I'll get a Nikon D60 for high quality shots.

Comment

• sshum88
                                • Dec 2007

I'm in a similar situation as you being in design school and need to take pictures of my work for my portfolio and projects. After a lot of research, I've found that there is really no in-between that works well for everything so I had to decide what was important to me. Size and weight came out on top so I ended up with a Canon point & shoot (SD 870is). I wanted something with image stabilization and a certain number of pixels. Don't be lured by high pixels...you don't need them unless you are going to be enlarging your pics up significantly...6-8 megapixels will be plenty.

I've been shooting with the Canon for over a year now and thinking of purchasing a DSLR (Canon D40/50) with a nice lens. It would be used to shoot designs in a light box that I've made. The point & shoot will work as well but I now want to shoot higher quality images for my portfolio and in some situations (not design related) I want something with faster shutter speeds.

So i could just as well buy a cheaper digital camera for like 200$ if I just want a light camera to carry around and take quick & clear shots or at least there's no vast difference?
                                Originally posted by eat me
                                If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎