X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drexl
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
    Does anybody have an idea of rag and bone's sizing, specifically on cardigans?

I ordered a double breasted cardigan from the gilt sale (I love it cause it reminds me of cloak) and got a size small becuase that's what I usually get. But then I read the description which said the model, who can't be much bigger than me, is wearing a size large! I just can't believe rag and bone's large would be so tiny, I'm afraid I'm screwed when the small arrives (of course the medium and large are sold out now). Can anyone confirm or alleviate my fears?
    Description says the guy wears a size 40 in suits, so you'll probably be fine.

Comment

• maldoror
      • Jun 2007

sorrysolame, but can anyone help me out with japanese webstores stocking kolor and sacai (mens)?

thanks!

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
        • Jan 2008

Sacai:

Mindtrive

Minorityrev

There was no Kolor on the 6 japanese stores,
        I do know of. I think others can be of more help.

Edit: It's actually only Mindtrive who has a webstore.
        Last edited by BECOMING-INTENSE; 08-08-2009, 06:54 PM.
        Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
        Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

sacai is awesome. at least for women.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• croatoan
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by magic View Post
            is m.a+ usually did exclusive collection for japanese stockist? saw afew pieces which only in japanese store
            It seems to be most common in Japan. For special items like this, oftentimes a rather large minimum order is required and I think only the Japanese stockists typically have a strong enough following to actually sell through all of it. I feel the other part of it could also be that Japanese shops have been doing special one-offs from niche brands for a long time so the possibilities are perhaps more ingrained in their minds than other stockists.

In particular for m.a.+, Midwest seems to often get special t-shirt colors and I think I remember the Lift staff mentioned yesterday a special fabric for one of the coats.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

not sure about special materials, but at least cut / style wise I don't recall seeing anything at stores (or online) that I wouldn't have seen at the showroom.

regarding unusual colours and materials, there is only one sample of every garment shown in showroom even though many are available in other variations, most retailers might pick the style that is shown instead of going with an alternate combination of which there is no sample.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• magic
                • Feb 2009

thanks guys for the info
                Focusing on object details

Comment

• move_ment
                  • Feb 2009

worked it out
                  Last edited by move_ment; 08-10-2009, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Dior experts - some guy offered me $150 + shipping on Ebay for my Luster blue whiskered jeans (not waxed) in sz.30. Used, hemmed, with small crotch damage. Lowball or fair offer?
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BSR
                      • Aug 2008

I would say it's ok, Dior used clothes have lost at least 1/3 to 1/2 of their value on the market, and they're pretty hard to sell nowadays.
                      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

even from Luster?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

hammed really badly, 28", short even for me. ok, i guess i'll go for it. thanks.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mass
                            • Sep 2006

i think that's a reasonable price, if they've been hemmed to say 32" or less

especially if you've gotten all you could out of them and didn't pay upwards of 300 for them

but yeah since the high street has pretty much watered down all things dior i guess most people aren't really into it anymore, which is unfortunate because i would still love to own a wardrobe of just dh

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

ok, thanks.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Peasant
                                • Jul 2009

M.A.+ Aviators

I'm looking to buy an M.A.+ Aviator. (Maybe it's all of them popping up in the Classifieds) But I'm a little hesitant to buy the current season based on the feedback I've seen on the site. It seems as though the SS07 Aviator was arguable the best. Would anyone mind explaining this? I've never had the opportunity to see this particular piece IRL. I've only seen the current boiled wool version and this past SS take on it. I know sizing varies quite a bit, but does the cut vary from season to season? Are the pros/cons based on fabrics used? Colors? I realize this is a personal choice. But I'm also interested in hearing an experienced viewpoint before I make such a large purchase.

Perhaps this isn't the best place to ask. I've tried to find an answer to this question throughout many threads. I've actually taken a few days and read the entire MA+ DATW thread. Any insight from those who have, or have had one is appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎