Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ibringdoom98
    • May 2013

Does it wipe away and come back after a while? It's most likely either mold or fatty spew (http://alaskawhitestuffid.wordpress....ther-and-skin/)

If you bought it from a store, return it. And if you bought it from the classifieds/ebay, file a claim. I would encourage you to not try to remove the mold yourself and just get your money back, if possible. Getting mold out of porous material is really difficult and you'll do irreparable damage to the boot in the process.

I've no experience with fatty spew but that would be far less annoying to deal with as it's just the oils in the leather crystallizing on the surface.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

did the boots get wet? looks a bit like water spots or salt stains..

try wiping it off with a damp cloth and see what happens. if that doesn't help, you could try mixing vinegar and water (1/1) and wiping with that, followed by a damp cloth. I haven't tried this myself but have read that it should work.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• dhkffkr
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
        did the boots get wet? looks a bit like water spots or salt stains..

try wiping it off with a damp cloth and see what happens. if that doesn't help, you could try mixing vinegar and water (1/1) and wiping with that, followed by a damp cloth. I haven't tried this myself but have read that it should work.
        Thank you for your answer but it has never got wet. and it doesn't seem to be stained with someting. It looks like just discoloration. It have been that condition since I got it from antonioli.

Anyway, Thank you again

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

hey, i think it is from the original treatment/composition of the leather. ('fatty spew' sounds like a plausible explanation, or maybe just the wax treatment of the surface...). had similar issue w/ a pair of boots from mountain after wearing them a few times. disappeared after i polished them myself with a regular black polish. not seen since.

Comment

• dhkffkr
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by ibringdoom98 View Post
            Does it wipe away and come back after a while? It's most likely either mold or fatty spew (http://alaskawhitestuffid.wordpress....ther-and-skin/)

If you bought it from a store, return it. And if you bought it from the classifieds/ebay, file a claim. I would encourage you to not try to remove the mold yourself and just get your money back, if possible. Getting mold out of porous material is really difficult and you'll do irreparable damage to the boot in the process.

I've no experience with fatty spew but that would be far less annoying to deal with as it's just the oils in the leather crystallizing on the surface.
            Thanks for the good article. I'll just try black polish as shuck said or black leather cream like saphir

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

if the issue is spew, it can be easily removed by passing a hair (blow) dryer over the areas of the show with this effect. usually doesnt come back after that, but you can just polish them with regular black polish afterwards..........
              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• bennyy
                • Dec 2012

trying to order from nagpeople.com in copenhagen but seems they don't ship to the U.S.

Anyone have a reliable proxy service for this?

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by bennyy View Post
                  trying to order from nagpeople.com in copenhagen but seems they don't ship to the U.S.

Anyone have a reliable proxy service for this?

did you try emailing them? they're a REALLY small operation so it would surprise me if they wouldn't help you out somehow even if the webshop doesn't offer US shipping.

Comment

• bennyy
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                    did you try emailing them? they're a REALLY small operation so it would surprise me if they wouldn't help you out somehow even if the webshop doesn't offer US shipping.
                    yes i emailed them, just waiting for a reply!

Comment

• dhkffkr
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                      if the issue is spew, it can be easily removed by passing a hair (blow) dryer over the areas of the show with this effect. usually doesnt come back after that, but you can just polish them with regular black polish afterwards..........
                      the hair dryer worked perfectly!

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

^wow. thats pretty cool.

so...can anyone give me a first hand opinion of the blistered lamb from rick owens naska SS12? the most recent version i saw was from SS13 and it was a little iffy...
                        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• max_yeah_true
                          • Apr 2012

I'm wondering how the Rick Owens padded bombers fits... Either from Limo fw11 or mountain fw12 I'm guessing. Does it fit tts or 1 size small?

Comment

• MosesHerzog
                            • Feb 2013

Hi had it in 52, perfectly tts and consistent with RO aestethics

Originally posted by max_yeah_true View Post
                            I'm wondering how the Rick Owens padded bombers fits... Either from Limo fw11 or mountain fw12 I'm guessing. Does it fit tts or 1 size small?

Comment

• BBSLM
                              • Feb 2011

Any chance these pants (in cotton, not leather) in size 48 will fit a 30" waist or do I need a 46?

WTB
                              desperately looking for this ANN D blazer in small or xsmall
                              RICK OWENS og dunks size 42 | short-tongued geobaskets in 42 | sweats in small | basic tops in small/medium
                              STEPHAN SCHNEIDER aw11 loop cardigan | grey | size IV or V

Comment

• twmllr
                                • Sep 2013

I think a 46 would be better, as they are intended to fit slim

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎