• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beardown
    rekoner
    • Feb 2009

huckleberry,

You could write to info@augusta-shoes.com to see about the possibility of a replacement or you could post a photo of it on here (with size and any other info) and someone might be able to track one down.

I've had pretty good luck finding almost identical copies of certain laces in the past but to get the originals, those will have to come from augusta.
    Originally posted by mizzar
    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• huckleberry
      • Jul 2009

Thanks, I've given them an email and hopefully I can just get hold of a pair through them.
      I will also post a picture up here when I can get a decent camera working instead of my phone (as I'm sure it end up with unseeable laces and blur).
      I have to say I never thought I'd have so much trouble looking for laces, but the cobbler in my town seems to only stock chunky or coloured laces, rural life sucks sometimes.

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
        Rubber is soft and very thin, as well as being ever so slightly smaller than the base of the non-sole part of the shoe. Unless you step with a very "flat foot" you will abrade away the edge around whichever part of your foot hits first. Least that has been my experience.
        this is why I am ever more selctive whern it comes to purchases like these.......I have the Dries van Noten Version to this and the right foot is practically gone from driving in it. I have them in the trunk of my car right now but just cant bring myself to throwing them in the garbage..............
        Any kind of shoes that cost so much should be able to last at least 6 months of hard wearing!
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• grapz
          • Sep 2008

Anyone know any Undercover stockists, other than archives

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

IF boutique in NYC. Browns in Longdong. A Piedi Nudi Nel Parco in Firenze (tell Marco Faust sent you ).
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• awlouie
              • Sep 2007

Not sure if this is the right thread...how does one make changes/edit on the "sales" thread title...I wanted to update my sales thread title instead of creating a new thread.
              "Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
              -Bruce Lee

Comment

• kbi
                • Feb 2009

I have been wearing my luc j-pants for 2 weeks straight now and the crotch has started to flare slightly so you can see the white fabric underneath appearing and the stitch diggin itself into the fabric. The pants fit perfect but there's this really tight stitch just in the crotch at the beginning of the buttons and this stitch naturally ribs a lot through the forwards-backwards leg movement when walking.

Has anybody else made the same experience? If so is this supposed to happen (Can't see how it couldn't be inteded) and is there a layer of fabric beneath or will I be the guy with the peep-hole crotch within the next week?

Comment

• drexl
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by awlouie View Post
                  Not sure if this is the right thread...how does one make changes/edit on the "sales" thread title...I wanted to update my sales thread title instead of creating a new thread.
                  You can change the thread title by clicking "edit" on the first post in your thread, then click "go advanced". On the next screen at the top of the "edit post" box you should be able to alter the thread title.

Comment

• tlack
                    • Jun 2009

Age-appropriate dressing

Kinda a random question here, not sure if it belongs in this thread..

Something I've been pondering in the back of my mind over the past few weeks is how age-appropriate dressing factors in to this "avant garde" look that we appreciate on this site. Part of what got me thinking about this is that I'm 30 years old and I feel a bit strange in the Drkshdw print shirts. That creepy photo of the oldster from Abercrombie+Fitch (who wouldn't look so odd without the dentures) added fuel to the fire.

On the other hand, Rick Owens himself is a bit older, as is GrandMA+, and they both look pretty good in their own clothes.

Have you guys seen any photos of much older folks wearing this type of stuff and not looking ridiculous? Is there a cut off age for endless piles of drapey fabric? Anyone bought their grandpa a Julius shredded tank?

Comment

• people tend to stick to the style they had when they were in their teens and 20's. some evolve more than others. We have a picture of old people that grew up earlier than us, thus bringing that fashion with them to this day. We'll probably see some things cutting edge today on oldies when we're old too.

Comment

• awlouie
                        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by drexl View Post
                        You can change the thread title by clicking "edit" on the first post in your thread, then click "go advanced". On the next screen at the top of the "edit post" box you should be able to alter the thread title.
                        I was able to change the title on page 1 of the thread but not the thread title. I'll keep trying, maybe I'm doing something wrong.
                        "Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
                        -Bruce Lee

Comment

• Catfood
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by tlack View Post
                          Have you guys seen any photos of much older folks wearing this type of stuff and not looking ridiculous? Is there a cut off age for endless piles of drapey fabric? Anyone bought their grandpa a Julius shredded tank?
                          Take a look at Ann S/S 09 although I'd say it's quite far from the Julius aesthetic... As far as Julius goes I don't know, for me it's not really a issue as it doesn't really appeal to me much...

Comment

• Peasant
                            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by tlack View Post
                            Something I've been pondering in the back of my mind over the past few weeks is how age-appropriate dressing factors in to this "avant garde" look that we appreciate on this site.
                            Sure, a Julius shredded piece would look strange on a guy in his 60's. But I could see my own father in many CCP pieces and look right at home. Depends on the man, not the number. Wear what you feel comfortable in.

Comment

• laughed
                              • Jul 2009

Anyone have an old Guidi bag they want to get rid of?

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

agreed, and not everything for example Rick makes is that out there, the basics, knitwear and tailored pieces could easily be worn in a more "mature" way. Same applies to many labels imo.

I wear the same RO knit with a tank, jeans and sneakers, as well as with a suit or blazer to work.
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎