Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • galia
    • Jun 2009

Thank you both but I was hoping for tricks that require no money since I am beyond broke right now

but it seems I will have to seek professional help after all

Comment

• asho
      • Nov 2007

i don't see how you could stretch the heel of a shoe... blisters in the heel area tend to cone more from your heel slipping than being too tight. If the problem is slipping you can get these things which look kind of like a band aid with padding which you stick there. Otherwise the shoe may be too tight at the front forcing your heel too far back, for this you can stretch the shoe with a stretcher or get some stretch spray, which you spray on the leather and then wear them until it conforms to your foot.

Comment

• galia
        • Jun 2009

Thanks, I'll try that

I really hate my skin for this

Comment

• tomatous
          Banned
          • Jan 2009

Galia, take them to a cobbler and explain where they are hurting you. I had a pair that was tearing me up on the inside heel. He said that he would "break the back" by putting it on a steel something or other and just beating the leather with a hammer...

Needless to say, they are extremely comfortable now.. There is no damage to the back where they were causing me painful blisters. The leather is much softer than it was.

Comment

• galia
            • Jun 2009

I'll try all these methods thank you all
            the hammer thing seems scary since the shoes are covered in fabric, but I guess it can be a last resort...

Edit : Well the freezer technique followed by the rubbing alcohol thing really helped. I'm still using a band-aid on my heel just in case, but it seems to have done the trick. thanks Mona !
            Last edited by galia; 10-01-2009, 05:01 AM.

Comment

• the breaks
              • Sep 2007

Anyone know if the Uniqlo x Kiminori Morishita collabo is still available a) at all and/or b) at any Hong Kong locations?
              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• merkuri
                • Sep 2009

^nyc has it upstairs in the showroom

Comment

• the breaks
                  • Sep 2007

Cool, thanks.

What about Hong Kong then? Anyone?
                  Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• quiet noise
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2008

Can leather jackets lose their shape if you store them on a hanger? ive never experienced this but ive read some posts here and at sufu wich implied so

Comment

• bc3
                      • Jun 2008

ive had 2 stretch at the shoulder after they sat on their hangers for an entire summer. They didnt stretch too much, but i didnt want it to go on any further

now i store one of them in its garment bag under my bed :-P

probably depends on many factors, heavy metal hardware, leather type, whatever gravity will hold on to
                      Originally posted by Maldoror
                      payment owed is the new gift.

paypal: it's personal

Comment

• move_ment
                        • Feb 2009

What is the stretch like in a jean with a 95% cotton x 5% polyurethane blend?

I ask this as I received Robert Geller Jeans today in a 50, and although they fit quite well, I would prefer them tighter. That being said, If i wear them for a prolonged time I am a bit worried they will stretch and become a little too loose for my liking.

other option, perhaps a tailor to slim it all down?

Anyone have jeans with a similar material blend or Robert Geller Denim for that matter to compare?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• beardown
                          rekoner
                          • Feb 2009

Quiet noise,

Quality leather will stretch from the weight vs. gravity. I would never use a hanger for a leather that I love. I wouldn't fold it either...lay it over the back of something like a chair or something similar. I've had mine thrown over a hamper for a while. Soft leather will stretch out pretty easily over time and you want it to stretch to your body...not to the shape of a hanger. Let the weight of it break itself in when you're not wearing it. Some will tell you to throw it on the floor...I think that's a bit extreme, especially for expensive, well tailored jackets.
                          Just don't use a hanger.

move_ment,
                          Unfortunately, that 5% poly will stretch but not shrink. The cotton will shrink... If it's Elastane, the overall fit will shrink when washed and dried.
                          I made the mistake similar to yours...bought some jeans that were almost 2 inches too big in the waist with stretch...I was hell bent on keeping them so I washed them in hot water and dried them in a dryer (with frequent checks...I just wanted some heat on them) and now they're my favorite jeans.
                          I have to wash/dry them after wearing them about 3 times because they do stretch and lose their shape but they stretch to my body, which is nice...they achieve a decent look even with some extra room to them.
                          Last edited by beardown; 10-02-2009, 01:16 AM. Reason: edit for poly explanation.
                          Originally posted by mizzar
                          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• theaddict
                            • Apr 2008

What leathers are they? I never thought about that. If they are stored on a hanger they shouldnt stretch. I mean there are jackets in shops hanging longer than one season and they dont stretch either, no?
                            I just could imagine a stretch with relatively thin but heavy (?) jackets...

Originally posted by bc3 View Post
                            ive had 2 stretch at the shoulder after they sat on their hangers for an entire summer. They didnt stretch too much, but i didnt want it to go on any further

now i store one of them in its garment bag under my bed :-P

probably depends on many factors, heavy metal hardware, leather type, whatever gravity will hold on to
                            Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• agentred
                              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                              What leathers are they? I never thought about that. If they are stored on a hanger they shouldnt stretch. I mean there are jackets in shops hanging longer than one season and they dont stretch either, no?
                              I just could imagine a stretch with relatively thin but heavy (?) jackets...
                              Yeah totally, I think people just start babying their clothes.

And in contrast, folding could cause a permanent crease and leaving them hanging over a chair in the light could cause them to fade and yaddy yadda....

So in keeping the small questions thread on topic, my answer is:

Hang 'em, fold 'em, drape 'em, throw 'em, twist 'em, do whatever, just make sure you put them on and live yer life!

Comment

• beardown
                                rekoner
                                • Feb 2009

I can only speak of the stuff I've had. I did have a fairly heavy (not like biker heavy, but not the thin, washed leather either) that the shoulders were stretched out of shape from being on a hanger over the warmer months.
                                It was like shoulder nipples molded in even though the hanger didn't appear to be too long or anything.

The only leather jackets I have right now are washed Rick leathers...the stuff that just hangs off of anything like dripping butter. It's just always been my impression that really good leather holds shape from its own weight. The shoulders would be my only concern on a leather jacket that is on a hanger for any substantial amount of time but of course the specific hanger would probably either help or hurt the situation.

I don't think it's a huge deal...I will never hang one of mine up again but like you mentioned, stores and boutiques hang theirs.
                                Originally posted by mizzar
                                Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎