Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chadley
    • Jun 2009

I don't know much about these boots other than they're Undercover and I saved the picture in 2008. Does anyone know what season they are, or how to find them? Or how to find an eerily similar version short of posting a WTB thread?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• ironman
      • Apr 2008

(this question is regarding shipping/postal services)

in Canada one can only get a Signature on Delivery option on services available with tracking; however, it seems that for other countries, certain services that don't have tracking have the option of purchasing a Signature option

is a Signature on Delivery option akin to a tracking number? i.e. does it have the same end result in the sense that it confirms that a buyer received an item?

Comment

• sshum88
        • Dec 2007

/\ In my experience with Canada Post, Xpresspost always has a tracking number but you can't always purchase the option "Signature on Delivery". I'm not sure why that is the case. I've been told for my last 3 shipments, that I have to move up to the next option which is a minimum of 2.5x the cost of Xpresspost.

A tracking number just shows that the package was delivered to the address on the form & box...it could have been left at the door if no one was home and the postal delivery person is familiar with deliveries at that address. The Signature option will show that someone actually accepted the package in person but not necessarily the person that you delivered it to.
        Originally posted by eat me
        If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• ironman
          • Apr 2008

yes i know, sorry i didn't clarify further

when someone opens a claim on PayPal saying they didn't receive something, PayPal needs proof that the item was delivered

for members who are not Canadian and have the ability to buy Signature on Delivery for non-trackable services (for one, Australia), does the Signature suffice as proof?

i don't see any reason why it shouldn't suffice, however i have a seller stating otherwise

Comment

• sshum88
            • Dec 2007

Paul Harnden footwear...curious as to what the quality, construction & comfort are like of PH as compared to other shoes like CCP? I've never handled them in person but the styling seems nice. But the quality may not be in line with the price that it commands in the marketplace.

I've read through the archives and one of the more recent posts was:

"I handled some of the newer shoes and was not at all impressed by the workmanship or quality of materials. Sole leather was the cheap kind usually only used in women's shoes and the fit had issues too. The heel area was far too boxy leaving me wondering how they were to stay on your feet"
            Last edited by sshum88; 02-09-2010, 07:37 AM.
            Originally posted by eat me
            If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Monty76
              • Sep 2006

My quick impression, I own Harnden, Augusta, Guidi and have handled Poell... the Harnden's use much thinner leather and the construction is much lighter in terms of weight but still very solid.

I think the fact that they are lighter makes them slightly more comfortable. However i haven't had them long enough to know how these will wear in time.

But, in general, the construction of Harnden's seem to me to be more practical then aesthetic (when compared to Augusta/Poell) which in theory should make them more comfortable. The aesthetics come in through the different techniques used on the leather.

Comment

• kallun
                • Dec 2006

Interesting! My personal opinion (which has been confirmed by the knowledgeble people I have shown my shoes to) are that Harndens construction is better than the others you mention. It is harder to use thinner leather and his binding of the upper to the sole is high class whereas CCP, CD etc. use an easier stictching method if I understand the Northampton shoemakers correctly.

What are your opinions??

Comment

• parsonson
                  • Dec 2009

Is SNOWSTORM comming in New York?????????????????
                  Im really nerve.......ous.....

Comment

• unwashed
                    • Dec 2008

Any good shops in Prague? Or is it not worth to go shopping there.
                    Grailed link

Comment

• Mikael
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Nikov View Post
                      And would I be able to talk to them in English? My French sucks...
                      It is more a problem when you speak French than when you speak English actually :)
                      -- Mikael

Comment

• unwashed
                        • Dec 2008

great thnx for your help, will check it out!
                        Grailed link

Comment

• Catfood
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                          great thnx for your help, will check it out!
                          This shop:

Stocks Ann D, Margiela and Raf. No idea if it's worth a visit, a friend told me they didn't have much worthwile stuff, but that was a while back and at the end of the sales.

Comment

• HWith
                            • May 2007

How much does Luisa Via Roma overcharge when i comes to Ann Demeulemeester compared to the Ann D flagship store in Antwerp? I've heard that it's about 30%. If that's true I could just as well fly to Antwerp and buy my stuff there...

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I doubt that LvR prices are any lower than the Antwerp store, but that's just an educated guess. Anyway, if you can go to Antwerp - do it. Ann owns the store, so you are supporting her, instead of LvR.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Catfood
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by HWith View Post
                                How much does Luisa Via Roma overcharge when i comes to Ann Demeulemeester compared to the Ann D flagship store in Antwerp? I've heard that it's about 30%. If that's true I could just as well fly to Antwerp and buy my stuff there...
                                It varies a bit from item to item in my experience. Not sure if you'd save 30%, but like Faust said it's definitely worth the visit as well as the rest of antwerp. Worth timing a visit to coincide with the sample sale if you are looking for Ann bargains. The only downside to the Ann store is that a lot of stuff sells out quite quickly in small sizes at full retail in my experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎