X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

/\ Indeed. I think during the fashion weeks in Paris, plenty of people make side trips to Antwerp and clean it out.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nellytheelephant
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Monty76 View Post
      My quick impression, I own Harnden, Augusta, Guidi and have handled Poell... the Harnden's use much thinner leather and the construction is much lighter in terms of weight but still very solid...
      I heard PH began his life as a shoemaker for John Lobb. I can't imagine with that kind of background the quality in his shoes is anything but superlative.

I have a lot of his footwear and never had issue with quality.

I also think the aesthetic is important - being that he's so tied to a few fairly consistent shapes. He experiments much more with materials than a lot of other shoemakers who'll just use leather / skins / dyes.

Comment

• nellytheelephant
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by HWith View Post
        How much does Luisa Via Roma overcharge when i comes to Ann Demeulemeester compared to the Ann D flagship store in Antwerp? I've heard that it's about 30%. If that's true I could just as well fly to Antwerp and buy my stuff there...
        LVR have always seemed reasonable to me. However since the £ crashed it's become a real pain to shop at online european shops. Anything made in europe esp Italy seems to have just sky-rocketed in price despite a recession.

Comment

• parsonson
          • Dec 2009

Does anyone have seen the new york fashion show?
          How good was it???

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by parsonson View Post
            Does anyone have seen the new york fashion show?
            How good was it???
            lolwut?
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chant
              Banned
              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              I doubt that LvR prices are any lower than the Antwerp store, but that's just an educated guess. Anyway, if you can go to Antwerp - do it. Ann owns the store, so you are supporting her, instead of LvR.
              No need to go to Antwerp, the store is taking international orders.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                • Mar 2007

Firm Shoe Repair NYC

It seems there are 2 addresses that come up when I google the name...116 4th Ave as well as 132E 17th St.

I called 212 533 8530 and asked if they had 2 locations and the guy got very mildly irritated and said it's only them at 116 4th Ave.

Which is THE one?

Comment

• Venus in Furs
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2009

^ I took my Guidi's to 116 4th ave.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                    • Mar 2007

/\ thanks Luke!

Comment

• mmmmrk
                      • Dec 2009

^Took two pairs and counting to that location too...thanks to everyone for the advice.

In addition though...I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience dying leather boots with Firm shoe repair. I've got a pair of white boots that I am thinking of dying black...any thoughts or experiences?

Comment

• ironman
                        • Apr 2008

random question:

what does a studio manager for a fashion designer do?

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                          No need to go to Antwerp, the store is taking international orders.
                          The only problem with ordering via phone or internet through the Ann store is that you have to pay the VAT (which I think is close to 20%) even if it's being shipped outside the EU. The Antwerp store also does not order anything smaller than XS and they only order a very limited amount of things in that.

That said, the Antwerp store has the best collection by far.
                          THE HOUSE OF DIS
                          embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• mmmmrk
                            • Dec 2009

ironman: my understanding is that a studio manager basically is a glorified personal assistant, at least in the situations i've dealt with the term. a studio manager answers calls, responds to emails, runs errands, etc etc. sounds much more official than it is.

Comment

• ironman
                              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by mmmmrk View Post
                              ironman: my understanding is that a studio manager basically is a glorified personal assistant, at least in the situations i've dealt with the term. a studio manager answers calls, responds to emails, runs errands, etc etc. sounds much more official than it is.
                              thanks, mmmmrk! according to google they're also in charge of handling marketing/business sales. so yeah, i guess an assistant with more responsibility lol

Comment

• merkuri
                                • Sep 2009

anyone know how to access mindtrive sales items? cannot find a direct link. thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎