X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

if its a straight cut with seams at the sides, it should work fine. it just needs to be taken in gradually.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Resonator
      • Aug 2008

Yeah they are straight. CCP A/W I bought in 1997 when he did wide pants. Have been in my closet not getting any wear.

Comment

• Avantster
        ¤¤¤
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mumma View Post
        I am about to go tomorrow to the tailor to get trousers hemmed,
        but also I'm not sure, if sleeves shouldn't be shorter a bit.
        What do you think? On Helmut's shows you can see
        different lengths so...
        Definitely shorter, with a suit like that I'd go as far as to say that the sleeve should not extend past the metacarpal.
        let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• casem
          • Sep 2006

For those knowledgeable of fabric, is silk organza waterproof or at least water tolerant? Could it be made waterproof? I just got a Siki Im silk organza trench and I'm wondering if it was a mistake to get a trench coat that I can't wear in the rain....

Edit: This is the coat.
          Last edited by casem; 05-05-2010, 12:23 PM.
          music

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I don't think it's either. On a side note, I have a CDGH+ light cotton trench, and I can't wear it in the rain. Doesn't bother me though.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
              • Sep 2006

Ahh, that's what I figured. Damn designers and their lack of practicality! Oh well, will probably keep anyway, I've just been needing a stylish rain coat that will actually keep me dry, my standby for many years has been a prada sport coat I'm kinda ashamed to wear but gets the job done...
              Last edited by casem; 05-05-2010, 10:01 PM.
              music

Comment

• Castor
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                Ahh, that's what I figured. Damn designers and their lack of practicality! Oh well, will probably keep anyway, I've just been needing a stylish rain coat that will actually keep my dry, my standby for many years has been a prada sport coat I'm kinda ashamed to wear but gets the job done...
                Just remove the RED PLASTIC tag.
                Originally posted by DRRRK
                The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

But how else will people know it's Prada!?!?!

Originally posted by Castor View Post
                  Just remove the RED PLASTIC tag.
                  music

Comment

• nictan
                    • Jul 2009

i just got a pair of cropped pants. but its about 1 size too big. i cant exchange it whatsoever, so i gotta live with it. i can hold it up using a belt though, but some parts of it looks weird, with the scrunching of the waistline.

any chance i can shrink it? it is a 50/50 cotton-polyester blend. i just need abit of shrinking, to reduce the scrunching. what are my chances? i know the usual, using hot water to wash and throwing into a dryer. but thing is i dont have a dryer. any other alternatives?

thanks in advance.

Comment

• Sombre
                      • Jan 2009

A blow dryer would also work. An iron may work, but is much riskier and more time-consuming. The problem with these methods is that they will shrink the pants all around, so if you want only the waist shrunk, it might be better to just take the pants to a tailor.
                      An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                      I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• nictan
                        • Jul 2009

i dont mind shrinking it a little all-round though. as due to the fact that its a size too big, it looks kinda billowy below the waist, around the thighs.

hmm so what you're saying is, i wash it in hot water, and den use a blowdryer to, well, blow-dry it?

thanks

Comment

• Castor
                          • Nov 2009

50/50 cotton poly won't shrink dramatically enough. Tailor.
                          Originally posted by DRRRK
                          The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• nictan
                            • Jul 2009

^ yea thats what i found out after a search online too. but i guess i'll give it a try tomorrow, will only bring to a tailor as a last resort.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by nictan View Post
                              ^ yea thats what i found out after a search online too. but i guess i'll give it a try tomorrow, will only bring to a tailor as a last resort.
                              The tailor should be your first stop for sizing down. Shrinking is often times unpredictable and uneven. Prepare to have pocket silhouettes change or buckle and things no longer lay smooth or flat. Any stitched seam will not shrink as much as the wide single layer panels on a garment so things are not going to fit how you'd imagine them to as the shrinkage is not going to be uniform.
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• nictan
                                • Jul 2009

okay. that doesnt sound too good. hahaha. alright, i guess i'll make my way down to a tailor and see if he can do anything about it. thanks all for the help!! :)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎