Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doldrums
    • Dec 2008

1*1inch (big) snag in a delicate Label Under construction knit. I dont expect to close it but is there a way to just seal it from spreading further? only wore it a few times...

Comment

• bestial
      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
      Is there any cheaper alternative for slim pants like the CCP assym pants (hope u dont cross linking bestial)?

(pls dont flame i know theres nobody like carol but you know what i mean... slim pants, yeah)
      I don't follow right now.

if you want them, maybe we could sort out a deal.

while where at pants and sissy etc, I actually want some RADO-pants.

doldrums, never ending story with holes in luc-garments, we only want them when he inteded them to be there, been there done that. a good tailor maybe could reweave it, or maybe make some kind of "stop stitch/hem" around the hole.

Comment

• MoFiya
        • Sep 2007

I was just kindly asking wether it is okay to link to your thread...
        Although I really love those, I think
        a) those will be too small in the waist for me
        b) still at a good price too expensive for me

Thanks anyway!
        I have dreams of orca whales and owls
        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• bestial
          • Jun 2008

yeah, sure you can use it man!

Comment

• doldrums
            • Dec 2008

[QUOTE=bestial;240774] I don't follow right now.

doldrums, never ending story with holes in luc-garments, we only want them when he inteded them to be there, been there done that. a good tailor maybe could reweave it, or maybe make some kind of "stop stitch/hem" around the hole.[/QUOTE]

yea no question i'd be fine with the hole if it was not spreading. the thing will open up the whole sweater if not tended to. i'll take it to a tailor today - thanks for some hope!

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

[quote=doldrums;240795]
              Originally posted by bestial View Post
              I don't follow right now.

doldrums, never ending story with holes in luc-garments, we only want them when he inteded them to be there, been there done that. a good tailor maybe could reweave it, or maybe make some kind of "stop stitch/hem" around the hole.[/QUOTE]

yea no question i'd be fine with the hole if it was not spreading. the thing will open up the whole sweater if not tended to. i'll take it to a tailor today - thanks for some hope!
              If the tailor doesn't work out, bring it when you are coming to NY.

I should be able to at least stop it from becoming bigger.............
              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• nictan
                • Jul 2009

want to get some cropped pants from +J. found some in the womens section but i noticed a seam running down the back of both legs. through the middle of the backpocket and stops midway behind the knee.

i know nuts about tailoring, so i was wondering if thats a women's tailoring 'touch'? ive never seen anything similar on a pair of men trousers. im probably just gonna buy them anyway, but just curious

Comment

• jogu
                  • Jun 2009

whenever ive seen seams like that its usually a pleat but inside the trouser , in fact ive got some that have that except not runnin all the way down like that

Comment

• nictan
                    • Jul 2009

^ it doesnt run all the way down , if you see closely. the seam stops behind the knee. hahah. yea i dont remember seeing anything like that too.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

to me it looks like the seam is running all the way down, its more visible on the right side.

any way, I don't know if this is more popular in women's trousers but I've seen a similar cut in some mens pants as well.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• nictan
                        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                        to me it looks like the seam is running all the way down, its more visible on the right side.

any way, I don't know if this is more popular in women's trousers but I've seen a similar cut in some mens pants as well.
                        the 'seam' you see going all the way down is actually the crease of the pants. haha

anw. alright thanks! i thought it was a women's cut thingy.

Comment

• kuugaia
                          • Feb 2010

Well jogu and lowrey have said so already but, I'm pretty sure that's the seam running ALL the way down. Maybe there's something wrong with your monitor...I'm pretty sure it goes all the way down.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Just a detail. If it really does just go to the knee then it's a combination of a contouring vertical dart and an aesthetic detail. Don't some of the LUC J pants have something similar with the seat pockets overlaid on that seam?

You can dart the thighs of pants in different locations... Rick (and n(n) I believe ) does it on the detroit cuts with the inner thigh dart to make them fit more anatomically. Personally I think it's more elegant to cut your pattern in a contoured pattern rather than darting but for the Rick pants/jeans the dart looks pretty good.
                            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• bestial
                              • Jun 2008

LUC Suture Stitch J-pant, and the new issued "Wrong Tension" ones does have a curving seam from the back turning around the leg and approx. at the knee it starts to go down the side of the pant as a usual side seam. they also have a sideseam from the front pockets that ends like 1-1.5 dm above the knee.

Comment

• nictan
                                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                                Just a detail. If it really does just go to the knee then it's a combination of a contouring vertical dart and an aesthetic detail. Don't some of the LUC J pants have something similar with the seat pockets overlaid on that seam?

You can dart the thighs of pants in different locations... Rick (and n(n) I believe ) does it on the detroit cuts with the inner thigh dart to make them fit more anatomically. Personally I think it's more elegant to cut your pattern in a contoured pattern rather than darting but for the Rick pants/jeans the dart looks pretty good.

yea thats what i thought too. with the seam probably in place to make it more fitting. and as you mentioned, ive seen darts on thighs etc, but never seen one at the back. which made me curious

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎