Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arcane
    • Jul 2008

Would someone who's usually not very sensitive to scratchy things be able to wear the Ann D scarf? I've been eyeballing it for quite a while but haven't got around to buying it yet.
    Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• random
      • Dec 2007

NICOLO' CESCHI BERRINI sizing

trying to figure out NICOLO' CESCHI BERRINI's sizing... is it consistant? if so what size should a normally size 46 person take? TIA.
      I don't exist.

Comment

• williamorales
        • Sep 2008

hi! i'm william and this is my first post. i've been getting into men's fashion designers lately which lead me here. hope to learn from you all.

anyways i'd like to ask if there are any designers with an aesthetic that would suit the bigger athletic guy? it seems everything is slim slim slim now. from my very limited experience i fit well in margiela and yohji.

thanks!

-WM

Comment

• Yan
          • Mar 2008

Ann Demeulemeester cuts well for all sizes

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by random View Post
            trying to figure out NICOLO' CESCHI BERRINI's sizing... is it consistant? if so what size should a normally size 46 person take? TIA.
            In my experience you should take one size up.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by williamorales View Post
              hi! i'm william and this is my first post. i've been getting into men's fashion designers lately which lead me here. hope to learn from you all.

anyways i'd like to ask if there are any designers with an aesthetic that would suit the bigger athletic guy? it seems everything is slim slim slim now. from my very limited experience i fit well in margiela and yohji.

thanks!

-WM
              Welcome, William. Some suggestions,

Yohji Yamamoto
              Issey Miyake
              Ann Demeulemeester (not everything, but blazers/jackets/pants/shirts usually Ok - vests are usually slim and so are some blazers)
              Peachoo+Krejberg
              Margiela

Plenty of designers you can just take one size up and not look like a sausage. These are,

Veronique Branquinho
              Dries van Noten
              Stephan Schneider
              Junya Watanabe/Comme des Garcons

I would say in general stay away from Poell, some Carpe Diem (but not all), and the new crop of the Japanese designers that are frequently discussed here, and you will be fine. Again, a lot of is a matter of experience - the more you try on the better understanding you will get. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask questions.

Oh, and contrary to popular belife, some Rick Owens is fairly loose - like some tees and sweaters, and the jeans are true to size.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by williamorales View Post

thanks!

-WM
                Rick Owens is another good one as long as you stick to his sporty stuff.
                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Jorge Hache
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  In my experience you should take one size up.
                  Agree with Faust, Berrini cuts very slim, in tops at least take one size up, in pants is a little more consistent and truer to size

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                    Rick Owens is another good one as long as you stick to his sporty stuff.
                    Great minds think alike, and so do we. I was editing my post when you wrote yours

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Secretside
                      • Jul 2008

if there's unisex footwear listed under women's on the barneys site, how does the sizing run? would a "size 8" be a men's 41 or a women's 38?

Comment

• reborn
                        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by SECRETSIDE View Post
                        if there's unisex footwear listed under women's on the barneys site, how does the sizing run? would a "size 8" be a men's 41 or a women's 38?
                        If it's an athletic type shoe, 8 is probably mens sizing. Anyone have insights?

PS: which shoes were you perusing?

Comment

• random
                          • Dec 2007

Thanks Faust and gutpocho. 48 should work well for me.
                          I don't exist.

Comment

• Diss
                            • Sep 2008

Carpe Diem 6 hool boots

I've been a long time lurker for awhile and thought id sign up. This forum seems more 'forgiving' compared to SUFU.

Anyway, do Carpe Diem's 6 Hole reverse leather boots true to size? I have no way of trying them on due to my current location.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Welcome Diss!

I personally found CDiems to run about 1 size large... I am a US 10 and I take a 42 in CDiems pretty consistently. The more bulbous toebox allows for a range of feet to fit them. If you know you have wider feet then true to size should be fine.
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Fade to Black
                                • Sep 2008

i think it also depends on the model of C Diem...i tried on a higher boot a few years back and i fit into a 45 IIRC...whereas my 6 hole reverse calfs are a 44.
                                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎