Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mixmaster7_91
    • Oct 2010

^DJI: Just want to confirm is the one pictured the DRKSHADOW colour? Also how did this leather break in for you in terms of how much it stretched? I tried both a small and a medium on and at the moment the medium seems like the right fit, but I am also able to fit into the small though it is a bit tight. From my past experience, all my leather jackets have stretched a lot, so with this in mind do you think I should go with the medium or small?

Also anymore input on this would be greatly appreciated as I hopefully I'll come to a decision before it gets scooped up by someone else...

Comment

• miserableman
      • Dec 2009

Silky lamb is one of the better rick leathers imo.

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Eternal
        You want a grey leather? Then get it. It's a standard ro cut in a standard leather. Great leather, I got a silky lamb for summer. Much thiner than that one. Some people might say that silky lamb lacks character but the thin one I got is perfect for people not wanting to wear windbreakers etc. This one is more substantial though, and a great color. I don't think the medium will really stretch that much if it fits good now, but the small definitely will. A matter of personal preferences I guess. If you plan on layering, get the medium.
        The main reason I ask this is because I've had different experiences with different leather jackets. With my 2 Julius leathers, both started off as difficult to zip up and after a few wears (like 3 or 4) they are now loose enough to layer underneath. But with my recent BBS leather, it started off very tight which I though would be fine seeing that my Julius leathers stretched so much. But even after quite a few wears this one is still quite tight, a bit too tight to be honest.

With the RO medium, it is roomy enough to layer now. I'm just worried that with wear, it will become 'too roomy' and lose that nice 'body forming' fit that I like in leather jackets. Hope this makes sense...

Originally posted by miserableman View Post
        Silky lamb is one of the better rick leathers imo.
        Would you care to elaborate?

Comment

• coro
          • Dec 2008

Which carrier do Pollyanna use for european shipping? tia

Comment

• dji
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by mixmaster7_91 View Post
            ^DJI: Just want to confirm is the one pictured the DRKSHADOW colour? Also how did this leather break in for you in terms of how much it stretched?
            darkshadow colour. none of my leather jackets have stretched out much/at all with wear, I buy them fitted but not excessively tight.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
              • Jan 2011

man i wish i had funds at the moment, would kop in a heartbeat

edit: i would get it. thinner leather see a lot more wear than other leathers so i think silky would be great from what i'm hearing. heavier leathers i find myself reaching for less. but im in california so take that with a grain of salt..

Comment

• zeebee
                • Dec 2008

Can anyone tell me more about 123&124 shoes? Google doesn't show much. I saw a very nice pair of derbies last night and was curious as I'd never heard of the brand.

Comment

• underground lover
                  • Feb 2010

This may be a silly question and perhaps I've been looking at them for too long but do the Rick wedges (for women) come in different heel heights?

The reason I ask, these for example...

look steeper than these....
                  subvert normality.

Comment

• Lane
                    • Aug 2010

is this cardigan the male version of

really dying for a nice drape cardigan from rick

or can someone just tell me what is the womens equivalent to a size 46 in mens. Would it be M?

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
                      • Oct 2010

Thanks everyone who replied to my RO question. The other leather which I was considering as an alternative to that was the stooges being sold on the SZ classifieds.

Personally I like this one more, but I have concerns about the sizing. To anyone who owns or has tried on this leather, could you kindly tell me if this Medium fits more like a 46 or a 48? From my limited experience of RO, I sometimes take a size S or M in the leathers. I'm a usually a size S/46 and Julius size 2 leathers (besides SS11 which is cut so big) is a perfect fit on me.

Comment

• Originally posted by underground lover View Post
                        This may be a silly question and perhaps I've been looking at them for too long but do the Rick wedges (for women) come in different heel heights?

The reason I ask, these for example...

look steeper than these....
                        http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-Rick-Owens-B...#ht_500wt_1156
                        You are right, there is a difference in heel height. The classic Rick wedge is the one with less heel (your second link) and definitely the more comfortable option with 10cm heel and 3cm platform. I have those myself and they are the comfiest high heel shoes I own. I tried on the higher heel ones (the newer model) and they were totally impossible to wear (at least for me and I'm not scared of wearing heels). The heel shaft was way too deep and all the pressure was on the toes (for reference they are approx 13cm heel with 2,5cm platform). If you are debating which ones to get, get the ones with less heel and you will not regret your purchase.

Comment

• maldoror
                          • Jun 2007

does anyone have a contact e-mail for boutique chegini? tia

Comment

• underground lover
                            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by flux View Post
                            You are right, there is a difference in heel height. The classic Rick wedge is the one with less heel (your second link) and definitely the more comfortable option with 10cm heel and 3cm platform. I have those myself and they are the comfiest high heel shoes I own. I tried on the higher heel ones (the newer model) and they were totally impossible to wear (at least for me and I'm not scared of wearing heels). The heel shaft was way too deep and all the pressure was on the toes (for reference they are approx 13cm heel with 2,5cm platform). If you are debating which ones to get, get the ones with less heel and you will not regret your purchase.
                            Thanks Flux, that's a huge help. At least I also know that I wasn't going crazy!! I think the ones I tried on originally must have been the classics because they were super comfy.

Cheers,
                            UL
                            subvert normality.

Comment

• messenoire
                              • Nov 2009

if i am a 42-42.5 regularly would a 42 in RO crepe sole boots fit properly? what is the sizing like this season?

Comment

• marsa
                                • Feb 2011

should I give up trying to find these RO dunks in all black...??

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎