Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nycd
    • Oct 2006

i have the same problem - have purchased derbies three different years. the one that came closest to having a snug fit around the heel, without being too tight in the toe box - was the paper lined derby - possibly from 2008?

Originally posted by zamb View Post
    nothing,
    this is a common problem/ feature of CCP derbies, where you feel like your heel is coming out of the shoe when walking. its why I prefer his boots than his derbies. Some people say its designed to be that way but I highly doubt that.
    I have one pair that i really love, but couldn't stand another with this issue

Comment

• eton97
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
      what can i do to get a pair of ccp derbies to fit a little better at the heel ? the leather back at the heel is a little loose.
      I agree with zamb. Historically this has been a problem for me. The sz8 fit on the heel but crushed my toes whereas the sz9 fit my foot but fell off the heel.

Just picked up the new bison ccp Derbys.
      I have to say that for the first time, the shoes (sz9) fits 100% perfectly and are actually extremely comfortable to wear.
      Here is a pic.
      I may be wrong but I have a feeling the leather that goes around the ankle and back of the heel/foot is cut slightly higher giving it a better more snug fit.

You could try those padded heel pads that stick inside the shoe around the top of the heel where the shoe is loose....they sell them in most good cobblers

you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Phantom
        • Mar 2011

too bad. I got a pair in size 8. my foot is 27 cm. yes they fit, maybe a slight big. perhaps a size 7 would be best for me, and prevent the feeling of heel slipping.

maybe I want to trade them into a pair of size 7.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

you could have the back reinforced with a patch of leather on the inside, it will leave visible stitching though. I had a cobbler do this with a pair of old derbies that had a tear in the back, it made them a lot more usable.

alternatively, as eton suggested you can try those stick on cushions/pads, I found black ones at some department store that look something like this
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• docus
            • Dec 2010

Does anyone know where I could find a replacement button (or two) to roughly match the buttons on a CDiem linen shirt?

They are small, black and oval, approx 7mm long and 5mm wide, 2mm thick.

It doesn't have to be an actual CDiem one, just similar enough!

(Will also cross post in help finding)
            Last edited by docus; 07-12-2011, 05:28 AM.

Comment

• kukuku
              • Oct 2009

washing ro trousers

Does anyone know why the tag in rick owens 100% cotton moleskin trousers says "do not water wash". I didn't notice this and put them in a washing machine and now they are drying. Seems that they have shrunk a bit but I wonder if that's the only effect... I hope they're still wearable

Comment

• jskidder1
                • Jan 2011

Anyone have experience with RO box calf leather? Specifically wondering how much it stretches out. I just picked up the biker safari from Anthem and while it fits well it is pretty snug in the body when zipped. I am hoping it has some give to it, though it feels pretty rigid in new condition compared to most other leathers that I have experience with.

Comment

• premierminister
                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by jskidder1 View Post
                  Anyone have experience with RO box calf leather? Specifically wondering how much it stretches out. I just picked up the biker safari from Anthem and while it fits well it is pretty snug in the body when zipped. I am hoping it has some give to it, though it feels pretty rigid in new condition compared to most other leathers that I have experience with.
                  I don't think that it will stretch. Either my calf leather Mollino nor my calf Stooges stretched.

Comment

• premierminister
                    • Jul 2008

Does anyone know what "LV" means on the tag of a RO lamb leather jacket?

LS means silky lambskin, LC washed, LB blistered, LP hammered - but what is LV?

Comment

• jskidder1
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by premierminister View Post
                      Does anyone know what "LV" means on the tag of a RO lamb leather jacket?

LS means silky lambskin, LC washed, LB blistered, LP hammered - but what is LV?
                      I think that's the vegetable tanned lamb.

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

i started trying to make a definitive list of ro leather codes a few pages back - so feel free to chip in again. maybe it can be moved to a separate thread somewhere or posted as a sticky, since the same questions keep coming up again and again? lowrey - suggestions?

so far:

LB: blistered lamb
                        LBO: box/-ed calf
                        LF: fading/-ed (gradient) lamb
                        LK: kangaroo
                        LKG: kangaroo (washed / full grain ?)
                        LM: metallic calf
                        LNB: blistered lamb / neoprene
                        LO: oiled calf
                        LP: hammered lamb
                        LR: washed calf
                        LS: silky lamb
                        LSH: shearling lamb
                        LV: washed lamb

COM: from archives it looks like a two-tone blistered treatmet (combined with fabric) ?
                        LC: ?
                        LG: full grain lamb ?
                        LGAO - 'giove lamb' / oiled calf ?
                        LZ: ?
                        Last edited by Shucks; 07-14-2011, 03:13 PM. Reason: update LNB, LR, LV

Comment

• premierminister
                          • Jul 2008

LNB: blistered (lamb?) leather on neoprene

Comment

• fivezero
                            • Nov 2008

The LR I have is Washed Calf.

And the LV I have doesn't seem like Vegetable Dyed Lamb (not sure how to tell), but more like Washed Lamb.

Comment

• docus
                              • Dec 2010

Does anyone know of any web stores which stock Layer-0 boots (on sale would be even better!)?

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

nevermind
                                Last edited by cjbreed; 07-15-2011, 03:19 PM.
                                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎