Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BSR
    • Aug 2008

i can't find RO or Ann in the Luisaviaroma list of brands anymore... wtf is going on?
    pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• empaulio
      • Mar 2009

They disappeared around an hour ago, as did Lanvin

Comment

• cowsareforeating
        • Jan 2011

anyone know the general weight/fill/warmth of down jackets in designer lines? mainly attachment & viridi...

i see some that I like but it would suck to be only 100 fill...

also what do people who own shedding pets do to keep fur off? i have a suspicion that lint rollers are bad for fabric
        Last edited by cowsareforeating; 11-19-2011, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

designer down is not so warm. rick uses 150 fill when he uses real down at all.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
            designer down is not so warm. rick uses 150 fill when he uses real down at all.
            idk why they dont use more or just use primaloft

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

well, it seems typically with a heavier fill, you get puffiness. honestly, when it goes below 30 or so, i throw style out the window and opt for what is warm.

Comment

• several_girls
                • Nov 2010

What are some designers who elaborate on militaria like Nice Collective?

Comment

• messenoire
                  • Nov 2009

^ instead of a lint roller i'd suggest a gentler lint brush that does not pull at the fabric. i dont use lint rollers either because in my brain it speeds up the process of pilling in certain fabrics.

also does anyone have an opnion on how the backzip julius boxer boot fit from a few seasons ago? fit pics would be great.
                  Last edited by messenoire; 11-19-2011, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• Lane
                    • Aug 2010

boxer boot has a pretty large toe box, its really elongated. If you're a 42-43 you should get a size 2. I suspect you're around there. It's quite narrow though, as a boot. I ended up selling mine cuz I didn't like how narrow they were and how the toebox looked since I didnt fill up the space there completely.

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
                      • Oct 2010

Hope I don't get flamed too hard for this, but does anyone know any online stores that stock Balmain other than Mr Porter, LVR and Antonioli? There's a particular piece I'm trying to find...

Comment

• Patroklus
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2011

I'm trying to find a place to bulk buy notions like buttons, rivets, and zippers a few gross at a time instead of thousands or merely tens at a time.

Comment

• messenoire
                          • Nov 2009

http://www.brownsfashion.com/Product...aspx?s=balmain

off the top of my head. i think a lot of larger fashion retailers will stock balmain because it sells to that clientele. try barneys,bergdorf, neimans, etc.. i am sure you will find what you are looking for somewhere in those sites.

also, thanks for the reply lane! i still have yet to see you around dc but i've got my eyes open. do you know what season they are from or have any fit pics of them? i wear a 42 exactly and have a narrow flat foot with big ogre toes. i think the extra room in the toebox should feel great!
                          Last edited by messenoire; 11-20-2011, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• ImaPro
                            • Oct 2010

So...

I bought an ma leather size 1 and it didnt fit. Arms super tight (could barely move them, couldn't zip it up). But chest/waist was alright from alright-to-a little big. So I was wondering if it would be a good choice to buy a size 2 and tailor it, but the tailor might fuck up on raglan. Or i could just get a custom made one.

tldr;
                            Custom made : Way cheaper + perfect fit = not the same.
                            Tailored : Expensive + expensive alterations + tailor might fuck up = im screwed.
                            Originally posted by merz
                            ...which the wealthy attempt to buy taste by way of ballin' outta control & inflating values for everyone.

Comment

• Lane
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
                              http://www.brownsfashion.com/Product...aspx?s=balmain

off the top of my head. i think a lot of larger fashion retailers will stock balmain because it sells to that clientele. try barneys,bergdorf, neimans, etc.. i am sure you will find what you are looking for somewhere in those sites.

also, thanks for the reply lane! i still have yet to see you around dc but i've got my eyes open. do you know what season they are from or have any fit pics of them? i wear a 42 exactly and have a narrow flat foot with big ogre toes. i think the extra room in the toebox should feel great!
                              they are from Insanity in Industrial inc #2

also, what I did was; I searched the boots on the what are you wearing today thread for fitpics. I do that for a lot of items im on the fence about buying, lol.

Comment

• messenoire
                                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by ImaPro View Post
                                So...

I bought an ma leather size 1 and it didnt fit. Arms super tight (could barely move them, couldn't zip it up). But chest/waist was alright from alright-to-a little big. So I was wondering if it would be a good choice to buy a size 2 and tailor it, but the tailor might fuck up on raglan. Or i could just get a custom made one.

tldr;
                                Custom made : Way cheaper + perfect fit = not the same.
                                Tailored : Expensive + expensive alterations + tailor might fuck up = im screwed.
                                can you post a fit pic? i am kind of against altering ma+ items. what type of leather is it? a lot of ma+ leather is incredibly stiff at first. the first time i saw ma+ leather at atelier i was astonished at it's stiffness. it will probably stretch out with wear to fit you like a glove. i'd tough it out! i'd avoid the tailor with pieces that pricey unless you are 100% confident in their skills.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎