Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nictan
    • Jul 2009

does L'eclaireur (Rue Herold) still do on-the-spot VAT refunds for non-eu customers? Forgot to ask the last time i was there.

Comment

• ashamed
      • Jan 2011

has anyone experienced the new drkshdw basics; http://www.antonioli.eu/products/140...-shirt?gen=men

the fabric looks a bit boring but i love the less slutty tank tops (not that i dont love the slutty ones but i like the idea of my nipple not popping out at work.) also they look a bit asymmetrical which i wouldnt like maybe its just the photo.

Comment

• beardown
        rekoner
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ashamed View Post
        has anyone experienced the new drkshdw basics; http://www.antonioli.eu/products/140...-shirt?gen=men

the fabric looks a bit boring but i love the less slutty tank tops (not that i dont love the slutty ones but i like the idea of my nipple not popping out at work.) also they look a bit asymmetrical which i wouldnt like maybe its just the photo.
        What I think he's done on these is make the shoulder wider on one side and then kept the twisted back seam which would definitely give it an unbalanced fit. Interesting but I kind of prefer the ribbed version with the flap.

I can't tell if he's kept the flap or not but I don't recall tank tops outside of the main line. I could be wrong.

Glad to see that he's still doing $450 sweat shorts for his 'diffusion' line and $368 t-shirts. I suppose some things will never change.

I think this version of the tank is interesting...maybe I'm changing as I get older but I wouldn't pay retail for this. I think Silent does a tank top that's just as interesting for under $100.

edit: I guess that's why the clearance is loaded with basics at 50% off. I still think it's kind of funny that he can get away with diffusion hooded sweats for over $700 at retail. I don't know if it's brilliance or insanity at this point.
        Originally posted by mizzar
        Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• sans-un
          • Sep 2011

Can anyone tell if these are the RO Berlin or Detroit cut? (I'm guessing Berlin).

I've done some searches, and I think I need to size down on the Berlins. I have a 34 in the Detroits that fit me well, but my 34 Berlins are way too big.

First post here, but I've been lurking and reading for awhile. Nice site!

Comment

• theconsumer
            • Feb 2009

LO is definitely oiled calf skin. Tag on my jacket and all tags from oiled calf jackets I've seen says so explicitly.

I've been told that RO leather codes are based on Italian words, not English ones. Probably true, it's made in Italy and tags are often written in Italian Engrish (for example: this garment has been manufactured in experienced fabric).

This would explain why washed leather code is LV, it would stand for pelle lavato. As for LO, Initial L may stand for l in pelle (leather), other letter may stand for oilato (oiled) or vitello (calf). If someone from O&M is reading this, please feel free to expand ...

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
            lo is really just regular lamb and there are definitely variances among them

Comment

• theconsumer
              • Feb 2009

Both are oiled calf. AW is thick, heavy and soft with very visible grain. SS is much lighter, but with a solid feel, with much less visible grain, quite stiff initially, but softens and shows texture with wear. Both mold to your body, so it's preferable to buy them tight.

I consider both variations to be the best Rick leathers. Calfskin is tough and supple, especially with oil tanning, definitely better than lamb. I prefer AW with visible pattern and scarring, but SS is actually closer to how quality calfskin looks like, it is very uniform.

Originally posted by BBSCCP View Post
              Does anybody know the difference between the AW09 RO GEO from Crust in oiled calf (LO) and the SS10 GEO also in (LO)?

Is it possible that there are different leathers (thickness) but both labeled as the same LO?
              Last edited by theconsumer; 01-21-2012, 05:38 PM. Reason: afterthought

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

on the antoniolli men's front page, anyone know what jacket that is in the pic?

Comment

• theconsumer
                  • Feb 2009

Reminds me of Serfaty sale at Darklands

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                  on the antoniolli men's front page, anyone know what jacket that is in the pic?

http://www.antonioli.eu/men

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

^thanks, i think it is. wondering if i'd fit that 52

Comment

• beardown
                      rekoner
                      • Feb 2009

PN/P

So does PN/P officially not have any kind of online sale? But if I understand correctly, they do have a sale in the shop only? I know certain things (Guidi, Augusta, etc.) never go on sale but I'm wondering if any of the other items will get marked or if it's just for in-store purchases.

I guess that's my first question. My second is what percent of the VAT do you subtract if you're an american buying via PNP in italy? Is it the full 20%?

I'm sure I'll get gouged for taxes/duties if I order when it comes into the U.S. but there's something I'm interested in. Have heard mixed reviews about their service. Anyone who has ordered from the U.S., your input would be appreciated.

Comment

• magic
                        • Feb 2009

they do have online sale, email them. not sure about how many % for the VAT though as different country might not be the same. their service is perfect.
                        Focusing on object details

Comment

• beardown
                          rekoner
                          • Feb 2009

Thanks, Magic. I just sent them an email to check availability/price/vat, etc. Should cover everything.

Comment

• shdws
                            • Sep 2011

Hey Beardown

Yes to the sales, already started mid December, yes to the online as well, I think its probably more than 30% now, I'm not sure.

Also depending on who answers your email, they break down your total cost incl shipping and they are really helpful. But VAT is not the full 20%, but who has ever bought from a store and actually got the FULL 20% back....I still haven't found one store where I got the full refund back sadly.

Another note, I haven't contacted them lately, if they tell you Guidi is also discounted magically, do tell please!.
                            Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• Faye
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Faye View Post
                              Will there be any shrinkage to boiled wool if cold washed? I know theoretically there shouldn't be any, but I heard very different things about this... Please help!
                              So I finally washed this boiled wool longsleeve, that I had deliberately ordered too big, in cold water and let it dry flat. To my surprise it shrank a lot than expected, but now it fits me more or less spot on.

my question now: will there be any more shrinkage for future washings?

Comment

• shdws
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Faye View Post
                                So I finally washed this boiled wool longsleeve, that I had deliberately ordered too big, in cold water and let it dry flat. To my surprise it shrank a lot than expected, but now it fits me more or less spot on.

my question now: will there be any more shrinkage for future washings?
                                hi Faye!

generally not really, but you should wear it a bit before your next wash =)
                                Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎