Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phantom
    • Mar 2011

I managed to wash my unwashed black luc pants with my new n(n) white tee. the tee turned out bluegrey.

what do i do now?

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

^ as mentioned above, I would call your credit card company and ask them if you're covered for any of this. Seems a bit much to me...they should just send it to a cleaner.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• oncebornyoucanthide
        Banned
        • Apr 2009

...different pics of the back of the jacket

according to Pollyanna staff, the fact that jacket taken out of the shipping box (lower pic above) shows creases is a clear sign of wear...

upper pic above is taken from an online retailer: it shows creases as well, although light is much smoother

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

That's ridiculous imo...a cleaner could easily steam that out, even if it's waxed.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• oncebornyoucanthide
            Banned
            • Apr 2009

credit card does not cover me, I've already asked the issuer

Pollyanna says they can't re-sell it because of the "stains" (in fact, it's color fading, not a matter of stains), hence according to them I have to take it back....but who is responsible for defected item? the buyer or the seller? I know its' the seller...

Originally posted by Dane View Post
            ^ as mentioned above, I would call your credit card company and ask them if you're covered for any of this. Seems a bit much to me...they should just send it to a cleaner.
            Last edited by oncebornyoucanthide; 02-10-2012, 08:22 AM. Reason: wrong statement

Comment

• Oasis
              • Apr 2011

Who are you speaking too?

Email asking for a phone number of a more senior member of staff. Speaing via telephone usually helps.. I'd politely state what you've said here over the phone and see if this works. Let them know you're claiming your legal rights based on EU Directive 1999/44/EC.

Main point's of the directive can be seen here: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/cons_i...s/index_en.htm

Of particular interest to yourself the line: "If the goods are not delivered in conformity with the sales contract, consumers can ask for the goods to be repaired, replaced, reduced in price or for the contract to be rescinded."

Here is the link to the actual directive if you want a read: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/cons_i...7_EN_final.pdf

Obviously a little digging should uncover the same laws in local form but you're good to rely on the EU counterparts.

The problem I see here is that the company isn't denying your legal rights; they're saying the product was satisfactory on arrival and you've damaged it which is a different beast all together.

If they still refuse to accept the return I'd threaten legal action via small claims court (or Italian equivalent). It's a fairly easy process in the UK, I can't comment on Italy.. You'd have a good case; why would you damage a product to send it back when I'm assuming you could return it if it wasn't damaged in any case. I hope it doesn't go as far as the paragraph above but you never know..

If you don't want to phone, maybe try emailing them the directive backing up your claim. Good luck.
              Originally posted by christianef
              u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• oncebornyoucanthide
                Banned
                • Apr 2009

Exactly

I recieved a satisfactory product and sent it back immediately (size was a 54, I'm a 52, just impulsively wanted to take advantage of a 70% rebate)

I even asked them - before recieving the parcel - to cancel my order since I was sure it would be too big...so my will to return was clear

I can't stand their accusation of having worn it

there's no cause-effect link between the fading and the wearing, and the fact that they put it as self-evident makes me crazy

Originally posted by Oasis View Post
                The problem I see here is that the company isn't denying your legal rights; they're saying the product was satisfactory on arrival and you've damaged it which is a different beast all together

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                  I managed to wash my unwashed black luc pants with my new n(n) white tee. the tee turned out bluegrey.

what do i do now?
                  if its a plain white shirt, colour remover / "whitener" should do the trick.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• hwai333
                    • Jul 2010

I had a crappy experience with Pollyanna as well, their customer service is beyond reasonable. I'm never buying from them again.

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

things have changed over there
                      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• michael_kard
                        • Oct 2010

Wrong info.
                        Last edited by michael_kard; 02-10-2012, 12:24 PM.
                        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• ES3K
                          • Oct 2008

Holger does not work for polly.

Comment

• Shucks
                            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by oncebornyoucanthide View Post
                            Hello, anyone can tell me how such a fading can happen on a cotton fabric? no wear at all, I just returned this jacket day after I recieved it and seller Pollyanna says that's how il looks now out of the box

for ref, its Rick Owen's Stenberg padded jacket from AW11/12: description says "waxed cotton"

Many thanks to whom can help me understand

hey. this is the jacket i discussed with dane in another thread i think, and which i've now bought a few days ago too.

do you mean that the 'fading' is the pink color seen in your photograph (which looks more like the effect of using a shitty camera), or are you talking about a grey/white-ish 'abrasion'-type fading (the 'scratching' to the left of the zipper in the first pic)? because if it is the second thing you mean, i've noticed that the same thing happens to mine - it is when the wax coating is distressed from movement or creasing, and it doesn't take much to do it. i think just trying it on for a while might cause it. but these lighter areas can be ironed (at a LOW temperature without steam) and then the wax sets again and the 'fading' goes away. ironing should also remove any wrinkles from the jacket...

me, i'm just gonna let the jacket get a worn look - don't have the energy to deal with ironing it all the time, and also i think it looks kinda nice with the fading...

but still, i agree about the shitty service you seem to be getting. guess they are desperate to offload their 70% sales stock.

edit: if this pic is of your specific jacket, and the problem is the large faded area covering almost all of the back, then i don't know what that is, but sunlight fading might be a good guess....
                            Last edited by Shucks; 02-11-2012, 04:35 AM.

Comment

• olethomas
                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                              if its a plain white shirt, colour remover / "whitener" should do the trick.
                              or chlorine?

Comment

• SVRulez
                                • Feb 2009

I have a RO pilot jacket that is too big in the arms. The sleeves have wool inserts. Does anyone have any experience with having them taken in ?
                                Would an ordinary tailor be able to do this or should I ask a leather craftsman ?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎