X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asecretmaker
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
    i've waited roughly the same with darklands and i paid i think 60-65 euro for shipping so i expected it a lot quicker than that. ive ordered from all over the world and i can understand that it is expensive to ship from their region but waiting nearly a month and paying 80-90$ for shipping is unacceptable
    can't agree more.

Comment

• beardown
      rekoner
      • Feb 2009

Very few things are as painful as waiting for a grail like a high priced leather and not being able to track its exact location. Could come tomorrow, could come in 3 weeks.

I am not the most patient person, admittedly, but it's just too much stress and tension. And I agree about the price and the delivery time. I was thinking that $42 is pretty bad for international priority but it is always there in under 10 days and the USPS is getting much better at 'tracking.'

I recently purchased something that was sent from the UK via AirSure (royal mail). You could only track it on their site for one day until it was shipped and in the hands of US customs. From there, it spent one day in customs and there was an update daily from the USPS.com website about its location.

Total time from the UK to the midwest, US: 5 business days total.
      It's 2012. There's no excuse for this snail mail treatment for items that are over $600 where you have no idea where it's at and when it will arrive. That's not a slight to Darklands . I'm just speaking in general. From personal sales to shop sales.
      Originally posted by mizzar
      Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Rosenrot
        • Aug 2010

When I lived in London I booked couriers to send out my items (DHL, UPS, FedEx) via parcel2go.com at prices that are far far cheaper than Royal Mail. I don't know why more people are not doing it, especially private sellers. UK to US under 4 days, fully trackable at every step of the way.
        Originally posted by Patroklus
        Better too adventurous than not enough
        everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• Urthwhyte
          • Oct 2011

I machine washed one of my silent tees by mistake and it seems like the sleeves had a good inch taken off them. Anything I can do to stretch them out again like soaking it and then hanging it by the arms?

Comment

• franz
            • Mar 2011

My guess is that by doing so, you'll only make your T more distorted...

Originally posted by Urthwhyte View Post
            I machine washed one of my silent tees by mistake and it seems like the sleeves had a good inch taken off them. Anything I can do to stretch them out again like soaking it and then hanging it by the arms?
            Originally posted by Faust
            True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• modalsaliency
              • May 2010

I'm pretty certain this is a negative, but has Julius ever done any leather jackets in horsehide? I know none of the recent seasons have featured it, but back in the mists of time I might have missed one.

Comment

• inconduit
                • Jun 2009

aside from darklands, where should i look for clothing in berlin?

Comment

• coro
                  • Dec 2008

You should visit www.andreasmurkudis.com and www.apartmentberlin.de.
                  Last edited by coro; 04-07-2012, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

you probably mean andreas murkudis, which is a store. kostas is the designer / label.

Apartment is hit or miss, not a huge selection.

Ulf Haines is nice.

Harvey's is certainly interesting. new things from LUC, Layer-0, CDG and archived bits from various Japanese designers.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• coro
                      • Dec 2008

Yes, sorry about that,its indeed his brothers label.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                        • Jan 2011

still looking for relatively basic drop crotch skinny/slim jeans in charcoal/black...

even chronicles of never is sold out and I can't support all saints so...

Comment

• messenoire
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
                          still looking for relatively basic drop crotch skinny/slim jeans in charcoal/black...

even chronicles of never is sold out and I can't support all saints so...
                          i just got julius fw11 drop crotch charcoal jeans and i am really pleased with them. i think if you're willing to shed some cash then someone could help you out. they're always on rakuten. i am normally a size 1 and was suggested to size up to a 2 in these and it was the best advice.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                            • Jan 2011

^ i think i know which ones you're talking about? they're knit denim right? they feel a little too overdesigned for my personal taste.

thanks for the info tho!

Comment

• KingJulien
                              • Oct 2011

cows - Oak makes some? I don't know too much else about the brand but I haven't heard anything bad.

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                                • Oct 2011

Oak is way overpriced for what you're getting - for quality, it's passable, butt he fabrics used are mediocre. Wait for end of season sales

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎