• drizzly
    Banned
    • Apr 2012

is ccp footwear generally tts? sorry dont know sizing

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

its pretty close to UK sizing. However, especially with some boots there is variance depending on the leather used. derbies from my personal experience vary less.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

gaaaah finally busted the raccagni zip on some RO geo basket sneaks, they've been jamming ever since i got them and now they're fucked...

any thoughts on whether to try to get the shop to send them back (i've had them for a while) or where i can source the same zipper and have my cobbler replace it? i'm thinking having my cobbler do it might be much quicker than sending shit to italy for repair - if only i can find the same zipper somewhere...

thanks a bunch.

Comment

• CUTUP
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
          ok for those that have actually handled the material, what is the consensus on rick's hammered lamb leather? this version...

is it thick? thin? stiff? soft? cheapy? rugged?
          I have this high collar intarsia in the same leather, but in a medium grey

Its fairly thick, not what I would call bulletproof, but definitly substantial. And the leathers has a nice marbeling effect. Its stiff and a bit course to start off, but after a few wears and a little obeneaufs, it loosened up nicely. It has a worn in/pinched effect which is quite differant then the normal hammered pieces

I was quite suprised, the quality is much better then I anticipated, given the current state of Ricks leathers. Your the first member here to really comment on it

If you want some high res pics, drop me a pm and Ill send you a couple

the-breaks - I have to agree, all the iterations of the blistered leather Ricks done lately are quite literally paper thin. I felt nervous just trying them on. To be honest, Rick is my go to for all my leathers, but I refuse to buy anything done recently. It pains me to draw comparisons between his old leathers and current ones

The only other one I have been really impressed with is the boxed calf
          Originally posted by marco-von
          this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• shdws
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Oasis View Post
            Granted it's a pain in the ass to find clothes that fit and a built physique does not lend well to the tailored look but I wouldn't stop training nor regret adding size for that reason..
            NO don't get me wrong a solid build actually looks better for clothes, especially if one is wearing a suit or leather jacket. For example could you imagine a rake skinny James bond :/

But anyway for my height it makes me look shorter.
            Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• Oasis
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by shdws View Post
              NO don't get me wrong a solid build actually looks better for clothes, especially if one is wearing a suit or leather jacket. For example could you imagine a rake skinny James bond :/

But anyway for my height it makes me look shorter.
              I don't see that myself... Leathers can look sick though.

There's always the problem of looking wider than you are tall.. but you've have to be pretty jacked to have that problem..
              Originally posted by christianef
              u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• mortalveneer
                • Jan 2008

Rome from late June through mid-september.

Weather during the days? Evenings? Any other general advice?
                I am not who you think I am

Comment

• michael_kard
                  • Oct 2010

/\ Assuming the weather in Rome is kind of like the weather in Athens, you won't need more than a sweater and a very light jacket. During the day it's sometimes impossible to walk around as everything radiates heat.
                  ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                  Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Verdandi
                    • Mar 2012

If a tenth circle of hell would exist it would be Rome in August.
                    Everyone right in their mind leaves the city.
                    lavender menace

Comment

• mortalveneer
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
                      Instead I will either be staring at the Vatican from my office, or in Kenya. I wonder which will be hotter...
                      I am not who you think I am

Comment

• Verdandi
                        • Mar 2012

If the office in question has air conditioning and you won't be wandering around the city during daytime you'll be fine.
                        But the city is unbearable during daytime. There is often little to no seabreeze, instead you have smog.
                        Most people living in the city will be on vacation during august so a lot of shops and businesses stay closed.
                        lavender menace

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post

This.

Stay away from Rome in August. It's even worse than Milan.

No zipper experts here...?

Comment

• bestial
                            • Jun 2008

^ while on the topics of rick dunks, is the new geo basket version smaller (at least smaller tounge) then the older swoosh ones? From pictures it looks that way, but I might fool myself.

about zippers, try and email commerciale.estero@raccagnigroup.com and ask if they sell their stuff in Sweden or to any estore.

Comment

• magic
                              • Feb 2009

if you have found a good zipper(riri/ykk) might want ask your cobbler to replace the whole thing.
                              Focusing on object details

Comment

• the breaks
                                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by guidier View Post
                                i guess its LP which is hammered leather and LB is blistered leather.
                                Ha I actually meant to type LP, it's what I meant anyway :)

Originally posted by CUTUP View Post
                                the-breaks - I have to agree, all the iterations of the blistered leather Ricks done lately are quite literally paper thin. I felt nervous just trying them on. To be honest, Rick is my go to for all my leathers, but I refuse to buy anything done recently. It pains me to draw comparisons between his old leathers and current ones

The only other one I have been really impressed with is the boxed calf
                                I have one jacket in blistered leather which is (i think) from 09... it's nice. Sad to hear even that's gone downhill.
                                Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎