Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sshum88
    • Dec 2007

Well sellers can set whatever price they want for an item. If the buyers want to pay more than retail for that item, then so be it. Sometimes though, the retailer may not have the size that is being sold here.

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
    Some of the higher tier items in the classifieds are marked above the retail price while still in current, available, stock.
    Originally posted by eat me
    If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• eleven crows
      • Mar 2011

It's more the uninformed I was thinking of. Someone who doesn't know they could save $600 on buying m.a+ from a European stockist for example - not related to any FS thread.

I guess that could piss off the affiliate stores.

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

i say if you see someone jacking up prices more than current retail and trying to take advantage of less informed people, call them out on it somehow. it's shitty to abuse the forum community like that.

(of course i'm not saying people don't need to do their own research too, but let's all try and not exploit each other too much, yeah...?)

Comment

• drizzly
          Banned
          • Apr 2012

It's more the uninformed I was thinking of. Someone who doesn't know they could save $600 on buying m.a+ from a European stockist for example - not related to any FS thread.
          I guess that could piss off the affiliate stores.
          well isn't this what we have the "small questions thread" for?
          i'd assume if someone wants to find best pricing on ma+ , etc they can ask...

Comment

• Magic1
            • Jan 2011

any info on Yang Li (pants, specifically) quality?

thanks

Comment

• Fenix
              • Aug 2010

Some of the higher tier items in the classifieds are marked above the retail price while still in current, available, stock. Would it be poor form to point this out in the thread?
              I'm not sure this is always intended to take advantage of anyone. I assume most people are trying to get back a percentage of what they paid.

I've had this happen to me on a couple pieces I was selling though. I bought a piece early on in the season then see it greatly reduced at a store. I prefer to just pull the piece and concede the loss.

That said, I'm more curious, are you a modern day Robin Hood or disgruntled cause you can't get an item cheaper here?
              Last edited by Fenix; 07-06-2012, 07:10 AM. Reason: can't f'n type
              Originally posted by hausofblaq
              Grow up.

Comment

• kuugaia
                • Feb 2010

Although clearly this place has its commercial purposes, and people obviously earn profit from others here, most of the time, this place has a strong sense of mutual benefit. I think it just doesn't bode well when people consciously know of people profiting at others expense in a place like this. If it was ebay, then it's a different story. This is meant to be a community after all.

E.g. people would post in the 'good finds' thread for other members to benefit from a great catch; not buy that 'good find' and then re-sell it here for profit (which people obviously do). I'm not gonna say what is right or wrong, I'm not silly enough to get into that debate, but I think the former is what this place should be about.

Comment

• Fenix
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
                  Although clearly this place has its commercial purposes, and people obviously earn profit from others here, most of the time, this place has a strong sense of mutual benefit....This is meant to be a community after all.
                  Agreed, I was already making the assumption that we all feel this is a community. If that is the case, why not contact the seller if it is that bothersome.

This is no different that criticizing a specific boutique publicly. One bad and perhaps misunderstood experience can go a long way towards ruining a reputation.
                  Originally posted by hausofblaq
                  Grow up.

Comment

• ImaPro
                    • Oct 2010

Anyone know were to buy Silent t's size XS? They seem to be sold out everywhere. Or any suggestion on similar t's?
                    Originally posted by merz
                    ...which the wealthy attempt to buy taste by way of ballin' outta control & inflating values for everyone.

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                      • Oct 2011

Women's M ~= XS mens, fwiw.

Comment

• PoubelleMaBelle
                        • Feb 2012

how reliable are LN-CC measurements?

Comment

• Oasis
                          • Apr 2011

Ordering from PNP, is it just a case of filling in an enquiry form and waiting for then to reply?
                          Originally posted by christianef
                          u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• Johngd
                            • Feb 2009

yes. just mail them and they will give you the info you need to purchase

Comment

• Oasis
                              • Apr 2011

Thanks. Thought as much; emailed them yesterday, I just need more patience.
                              Originally posted by christianef
                              u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• CUTUP
                                • Sep 2009

Has anyone else had problems with Lazzari?

This is the second time I have tried to purchase from them, it has been 4 days and nothing

I actually gave up trying to aqquire my first purchase, as they never got back to me after several emails, its frustrating even trying to get a question answered from them, let alone give them money for items I want to purchase
                                Originally posted by marco-von
                                this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎