• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by tricky View Post
    having some problems repairing my geobaskets:

anyone with experience in letting them repair or is it too late? first cobbler I asked told me...no chance.
    jeez what the hell happened?

well its hard to tell but based on that pic^^ it looks to me like you can just replace that bottom layer portion of the sole. wouldn't bother trying to repair that giant split, but don't see why you couldn't remove and replace the sole.
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Patroklus
      Banned
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
      jeez what the hell happened?
      he walked

Comment

• BBSCCP
        • Feb 2010

^the whole sole must be removed and a new one added. but it costs a lot...

I paid about 90 Euro for such a surgery..

Comment

• Crowzer
          • Feb 2011

^Where did you do the repair ?
          Just case if one day i'll be in same situation.

Comment

• drizzly
            Banned
            • Apr 2012

folks can anyone direct me to get an idea of leather jacket fits for rick, incarnation, ccp

also is it all european sizing?

Comment

• BBSCCP
              • Feb 2010

at a cobler who had a special machine to replicate the sole.

Comment

• the breaks
                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by drizzly View Post
                folks can anyone direct me to get an idea of leather jacket fits for rick, incarnation, ccp

also is it all european sizing?
                i think you'd be better off with just asking about specific jackets... especially with rick an overall fit guide is tricky because it varies so much between seasons and models
                Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Raw
                  • Oct 2009

Damn it the Riri 2-way M4 zipper on my Lumen et Umbra hoody broke. It felt flimsy to begin with though, thinking if I should try to replace it with the same zipper or go for another type. I actually don't even know if the Riri would be available here in Aus. Can anyone chime in on 2 way zippers that would be good for a hoody? I did find the Riri here:
                  Pacific Trimming has served the needs of our customers for over 30 years since its establishment in 1982, in the thriving heart of the Manhattan Fashion District. We are the largest fashion trimming supplier in the Manhattan Fashion District, providing our customers from both a wholesaler and retailer role.

But shipping is $35 so not worth it.

Comment

• magic
                    • Feb 2009

which part broken? I dont think you need to chnage the whole zipper unless the teeth or pin was damage.
                    Focusing on object details

Comment

• Raw
                      • Oct 2009

Yeah the pin came off on the left side down the bottom.

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Raw View Post
                        Damn it the Riri 2-way M4 zipper on my Lumen et Umbra hoody broke. It felt flimsy to begin with though, thinking if I should try to replace it with the same zipper or go for another type. I actually don't even know if the Riri would be available here in Aus. Can anyone chime in on 2 way zippers that would be good for a hoody? I did find the Riri here:
                        Pacific Trimming has served the needs of our customers for over 30 years since its establishment in 1982, in the thriving heart of the Manhattan Fashion District. We are the largest fashion trimming supplier in the Manhattan Fashion District, providing our customers from both a wholesaler and retailer role.

But shipping is $35 so not worth it.

check out YKK zippers on zipperstop - depending on your location/size of order, i think they may ship cheaper to you if you send them a polite email...

ps. i'm still interested in sources for raccagni zippers, if anyone knows any.

Comment

• Raw
                          • Oct 2009

Cheers Shucks, I actually found them on ebay and was thinking about buying from there. But their website has the custom length option and the shipping is only $4.95 whereas ebay was $10.95. Just placed my order .

Comment

• Raw
                            • Oct 2009

I just realised maybe I should have asked if someone on SZ is located near Pacific Trimming (218 West 38th Street, New York) and could possibly help me do a store pickup and send it to me with regular air shipping so it won't cost so much.

If anyone is willing to help me with that, please PM me.

Comment

• tricky
                              • May 2010

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                              well its hard to tell but based on that pic^^ it looks to me like you can just replace that bottom layer portion of the sole. wouldn't bother trying to repair that giant split, but don't see why you couldn't remove and replace the sole.
                              cobbler (exactly it was the cobblers wife, I guess) said that the material beneath the destroyed rubber sole is made of a softener that wouldn't hold the glue of another rubber sole.

I will take to another cobbler to see what he can do.

I wonder if the sole abrasion can also be "fixed"...

at a cobler who had a special machine to replicate the sole.
                              I would consider that. But don't know if anyone here is able to do it.
                              in Search for Augusta Thermic Cordovan Boots size 44

WTB: Ann D. black high top sneakers size 45

Comment

• drizzly
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                                i think you'd be better off with just asking about specific jackets... especially with rick an overall fit guide is tricky because it varies so much between seasons and models
                                thank you i'll go check some stuff in the RO thread

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎