Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael_kard
    • Oct 2010

Doesn't that happen because of the fabric being too soft? What does height have to do with it? (Just curious, I'm 6'2 and I've had the same problem as well)
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• wurm
      • Nov 2010

Yeah, I don't really see how height plays into this. I'm 6'1" and I don't really think it would be much different if I was taller or shorter. It would seem to matter more how slim the pants you're talking about are, and what fabric they are.

Comment

• Patroklus
        Banned
        • Feb 2011

combination of factors causes knee stacks and bags
        extra length in the first place is one, plus the tight calf prevent the material from flowing to the bottom as it would in looser over-length pants
        but a lack of elasticity causes bagging and stacking too because the material stretches out a lot at the knees, but won't regain its shape. elasticity is a combination of fiber content, yarn structure, weave structure, etcetcetc
        best option for slim trousers that won't bag out around the knees would probably be a wool or stretch synthetic other than spandex. i think twills have better memory than plain weave. something to consider. a more tapered pant might help cuz you could get your narrow leg opening without necessarily having a tight calf like a cigarette shape would

if it's cotton just wash them. shrinks them back most of the way, although over time it still takes the shape of your big fat legs anyway.

Comment

• voice_on_tape
          • Jun 2011

Does anyone know a decent size conversion chart that compares all international sizes for all garments including shoes? I've done a lot of searches but can never find one that is very good
          -v_o_t
          sale items

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

found this on google, seems decent. at least US/EU clothing and EU/US/UK shoe sizing seems to be about right I think.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chant
              Banned
              • Jun 2008

Anyone knows how to download the images from eBay adds ?

Comment

• Chant
                Banned
                • Jun 2008

Doesn't work : I don't get "save image" in the menu.

EDIT : found another way, "inspect element".

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by twistedSADISTIC View Post
                  is it true that you can't shrink deerskin? i have a pair of collateral concepts deerskin gloves that are a tiny bit big and i was thinking of attempting to soak them in hot water to shrink them. the interior is sueded if that counts for anything.

thoughts?
                  We discussed this via PM but I thought I'd write my thoughts on it in public as well :)

I have not attempted to hot water shrink the gloves personally although for the full-strapped version of the deerskin gloves I did hot water treat the straps to mold them around a cylinder to give them a shape and form suggesting that the leather itself is moldable with hot water and a form.

Because of the construction methods used for the body of the glove, there would definitely be concerns that there would not be uniform shrinkage with hot water and since water hot enough to generate changes to the leather would be too hot to contact your own hand, this would prevent any molding of the glove to the wearers hand at the same time.

Another concern that I brought up with TwistedSadistic was that all of the stitch ends are hand tied off and also hand reinforced with hand tied knots and although these are done in triple knots, I would worry that putting them in water may potentially loosen them.

The Texas deerskin hides that I use are natural face out to show the leather grain and the sueded face is the deep layer of the hide.
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• bonejelly
                    • Jul 2008

just bought a pair of helmut lang jeans from a thrift store for $9. any way to tell by tags or details whether this is OG lang or the new stuff?

it really makes no difference, as i intend to wear them, but was just curious.

Comment

• #ruin
                      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                      We discussed this via PM but I thought I'd write my thoughts on it in public as well :)

I have not attempted to hot water shrink the gloves personally although for the full-strapped version of the deerskin gloves I did hot water treat the straps to mold them around a cylinder to give them a shape and form suggesting that the leather itself is moldable with hot water and a form.

Because of the construction methods used for the body of the glove, there would definitely be concerns that there would not be uniform shrinkage with hot water and since water hot enough to generate changes to the leather would be too hot to contact your own hand, this would prevent any molding of the glove to the wearers hand at the same time.

Another concern that I brought up with TwistedSadistic was that all of the stitch ends are hand tied off and also hand reinforced with hand tied knots and although these are done in triple knots, I would worry that putting them in water may potentially loosen them.

The Texas deerskin hides that I use are natural face out to show the leather grain and the sueded face is the deep layer of the hide.
                      thanks for the informative response. tried it with water that was reasonably hot, no shrinkage and the knots are fine. the leather is just as soft as before and hasn't changed in appearance. i'm going to try again but with much water that's almost boiling and see what the results are this time around. if that doesn't work, then i may try the wet & tumble dry method & see if they survive!

Comment

• michael_kard
                        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by bonejelly View Post
                        just bought a pair of helmut lang jeans from a thrift store for $9. any way to tell by tags or details whether this is OG lang or the new stuff?

it really makes no difference, as i intend to wear them, but was just curious.
                        All original Helmut Lang denim was made in Italy.
                        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• rider
                          eyes of the world
                          • Jun 2009

does anyone know if this jacket came with a brown lining as well?
                          i am trying to figure out if these are the same cuts, it seems so to me.
                          TIA
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by rider; 10-23-2012, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• avout
                            • Nov 2011

Just got a pair of these Silent pohe pants.

While they're great, the pockets are just too deep. My phone and coins are banging into my knees and I literally have to lean in to fish things out. I want to get them shortened, but I'm not sure if alterations might screw up the way the pants fold/drape. Any ideas?

Comment

• magic
                              • Feb 2009

you could go to a tailor and ask to add a seam across on the pockets lining where you feels comfortable with. I dont think it will affects the drape.
                              Focusing on object details

Comment

• brusque
                                • Aug 2012

I don't know if this is a small question...but I thought why not! So for my big school paper we have to write about someone who does something (preferably with their hands). We can't know them and it is basically a profile of them and how it relates/contrasts their work. I wanted to do something involved with fashion (or clothes), I was thinking of doing a tailor but I don't know if that would be my best option. What do you guys think I could do? I live in the Boston area if that changes anything. Thanks! This isn't urgent but I am just curious about what you guys think.
                                Last edited by brusque; 10-23-2012, 09:28 PM. Reason: mistype

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎