X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • im_parfait
    Banned
    • Oct 2010

Where can I find the full Luster collection by Dior Homme? It's AW2003. Selected pieces in some blogs are not enough and Seasonal collections here have not helped either..

Comment

• rupo
      • Oct 2012

I'm after some Poell Derbies and came across these 'damaged' ones pictured below. I've handled regular 'non-damaged/scarred' derbies but nothing like these. As I'm new to the ccp game I need some advice. Should I be concerned about the longevity and durability of this shoe? The right shoe is ok but the left is missing a whole layer of leather. I like the look and realize its intentional but am I asking for trouble in terms of long-term wear? Any help is greatly appreciated.

These came from the Library in London, are Cordovan, numbered 1 of 1 and the guys asking $1200.

Comment

• messenoire
        • Nov 2009

i know it's ccp and it's something to be coveted but dont drop $1200 for something you have reservations about. i know the price is relative when it comes to luxury items but i wouldnt spend that much on something "Damaged" be it ccp or whatever other designer people throw wads of cash at.

Comment

• snafu
          • Apr 2008

do antonioli do promo codes at all and of they do does anyone have any ?

Comment

• xeraphim
            • Nov 2008

they just had a 30% pre-sale last week

Comment

• rupo
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
              i know it's ccp and it's something to be coveted but dont drop $1200 for something you have reservations about. i know the price is relative when it comes to luxury items but i wouldnt spend that much on something "Damaged" be it ccp or whatever other designer people throw wads of cash at.
              Yea had they been the straight up regular derbies I would have bought them by now but something keeps holding me back on these.

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by rupo View Post
                Yea had they been the straight up regular derbies I would have bought them by now but something keeps holding me back on these.
                Derbies regularly sell for that price or less in the classifieds here. The pair you linked looks to be substantially damaged, and priced above an intact pair. I can't imagine why you would consider that. Though, if you want, you can mail me a thousand dollars, and I can waste it for you... I will promise to do nothing worthwhile with it.
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• rupo
                  • Oct 2012

I'll send it right over - what's your paypal?

Comment

• cjbreed
                    • Feb 2009

has anyone handled these in person? whats the weight of the fabric like? strictly f/w?

bbs trousers
                    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• other_animals
                      • Mar 2012

I've looked online and can't really find a good answer for this, so here goes. Does anyone have any tips for getting rind of the "animal" smell from a pony hair/ horse hair jacket? Whenever its worn, I smell like a stable...

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Cold kills bacterial smells. If you're somewhere cold, hang it outside.
                        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                          Cold kills bacterial smells. If you're somewhere cold, hang it outside.
                          Edit. I see you're in LA, so scratch that. Do you have a meat locker handy? :-/

You can always throw it in the freezer, but watch out for freezer burn.
                          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• other_animals
                            • Mar 2012

Thanks Dane! Thankfully, I live in LA, where we will have a record low of 76 today, so I'll just hang it out on the porch. But seriously, thanks. I'll just have to clear out the freezer.

Comment

• theetruscan
                              • Jan 2008

If you've got those vacuum storage bags, they will keep you from needing to worry about freezer burn. Vacuum seal the jacket, freeze for a bit, probably still smell like a stable.
                              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• eleven crows
                                • Mar 2011

You're not going to get it cold enough to kill the bacteria.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎