• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 0JSIMPS0N
    Banned
    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by 888 View Post
    About to buy my first RO leather. I have somewhat muscular arms and broad shoulders, is this style a no-go for me? Or is there generally enough give in the leather for that sort of thing?
    depends on your height/weight I would say. Im about 5'11 165 and sleeve/body length is just right. My biceps measure 11.75" relaxed at my side and small in RO leather jackets is slightly restricting and makes it uncomfortable when raising my arms (like talking on the phone)

Comment

• Raw
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by jskidder1 View Post
      If I remember correctly the leather was very similar if not identical.

That said, I would suggest seeking out a FW12 version instead. The oiled calf is a lot more substantial and adds some needed structure to the high collar, lining feels nicer, and he finally upgraded from those awful no-name generic zippers to riri.
      Thanks for the info, hmm I never thought about the FW12 version because I remember a lot people saying how nice the oiled lamb was.

Looks like HLorenzo and INK is sold out of the oiled calf version, guess I'll have a hunt around to see if any other stores that are having sales still have it.

Comment

• magic
        • Feb 2009

the ss12 lamb leather is great, perfect weight and texture. Not sure about the fw12 ones. Also to note, the current season used 1-way zipper.
        Focusing on object details

Comment

• Raw
          • Oct 2009

Thanks for that info about the zipper, I tend to always prefer a 2-way zipper with leather jackets so that takes the current 2012FW ones out of the equation.

From what I can tell in pictures I've seen, I think the 2011FW release is slightly more substantial in weight than the 2012SS release?

Comment

• jskidder1
            • Jan 2011

Beware those old zippers. Yeah they are 2-way, which is nice, but they are maybe the worst quality zips I have ever handled. No idea who makes them, but they definitely do not belong on a $2K jacket. They aren't even YKK.

Comment

• blackfedora
              • Jan 2012

Has anyone handle this Julius coat from FW11? Is it heavyweight or midweight? I know it's an alpaca/wool blend but I can't tell from pics or the runway video how dense the material is....thanks for any help in advance.

Images from Mercury, Japan

Comment

• diorowen
                • Aug 2010

I would say midweight. its medium density, but very warm :)

on the other side,
                can anyone tell me what happened to SharpServiceJapan's thread?
                does SZ stop promoting them?
                I missed the talk there, so I end up with no clue here, Hide-san promised me a refund 2 weeks ago, but till now, no refund and no reply to my email.
                @_@
                still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• tenorish
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Raw View Post
                  Thanks for that info about the zipper, I tend to always prefer a 2-way zipper with leather jackets so that takes the current 2012FW ones out of the equation.

From what I can tell in pictures I've seen, I think the 2011FW release is slightly more substantial in weight than the 2012SS release?
                  I have the FW 2011 lamb leather and find it very substantial indeed compared to the SS 2012 version. Also, the treatment and texture of the FW 2011 one is simply exquisite, as is the case with a lot of Boris' pieces in general.

Comment

• Supel
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by diorowen View Post
                    I would say midweight. its medium density, but very warm :)

on the other side,
                    can anyone tell me what happened to SharpServiceJapan's thread?
                    does SZ stop promoting them?
                    I missed the talk there, so I end up with no clue here, Hide-san promised me a refund 2 weeks ago, but till now, no refund and no reply to my email.
                    @_@
                    Well, a large number of people who used SSJ in the past few months (including myself) have encountered bad experiences which obviously brought negative feedback amongst themselves. That being said it's probably pointless in having a thread as it's already ruined the goodwill / reputation of the enterprise as it seems to be an ongoing thing. Your experience above doesn't surprise me as I know numerous people going through the same thing.

To save yourself the frustration in the future, a more user friendly and efficient service: (fromjapan) + is the same 5% usage fee.

Good luck with it all.

Comment

• blackfedora
                      • Jan 2012

Thanks diorowen, the information is much appreciated.

Comment

• diorowen
                        • Aug 2010

haha, thanks supel
                        this will be the last time I'm using them as well.
                        bought my item from store on 14th of October, cancel my purchase since its not coming at all on 28th of November, waiting for refund till now. and I need to beg them to ask for refund.
                        still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• eleven crows
                          • Mar 2011

Have you guys tried raising a dispute with paypal?

Comment

• Oasis
                            • Apr 2011

Rakuten noob question.

Saw something on Rakuten yesterday, it's not there today, just dissapeared. Other items have 'sold out' over them once sold but the item I saw is totally gone.. I'm assuming it's sold?
                            Originally posted by christianef
                            u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• qazwsx
                              • Feb 2012

Oasis,

If the cloth your were looking for was posted by those second hand shops in Japan, then the item might get sold in-store during the time.

--------------------------------

Does anyone know how to re-dye cotton?
                              I just got the CCP taped seam blazer in dark blue color.

I wanna dye it black or dark gray.
                              Any suggestion?
                              Im located in Vancouver so if anyone knows a good place please let me know as well
                              "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

• noirgt
                                • Oct 2012

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
                                Have you guys tried raising a dispute with paypal?
                                if you were the buyer, it would be almost 100% chance to win the case; however for seller, 0%.
                                I sold a pair of jeans on ebay last month and the buyer claim it's not authentic, which was totally bs, and raised a dispute. No matter how hardly I tried to prove the jeans are authentic, paypal just ignored me and gave his 700 dollars back and let him "destroy" the jeans. Now that bastard just got my jeans for free.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎