X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drizzly
    Banned
    • Apr 2012

are zam barrett j pants good to go for a boot tuck?

Comment

• ian+
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by drizzly View Post
      are zam barrett j pants good to go for a boot tuck?
      Yes they are, but not for an aggressive one. That's because of the slight J shape. If you want a more edgy look I would suggest the DNA ones.
      ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• #ruin
        • Jul 2011

has anyone tried the ann demeulemeester fw12 knee high boots? i'm wondering if they fit large (if so, by how much?) or not.

Comment

• stemcell
          • Jul 2011

Definitely thought so, thanks for confirming.

Originally posted by shuit View Post
          ^ that couldn't be more fake. The stitchline is not even properly sew on at the right tongue. And the engraved logo is ioffer approved. Can't believe people actually bid on that already...

Comment

• drizzly
            Banned
            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
            Yes they are, but not for an aggressive one. That's because of the slight J shape. If you want a more edgy look I would suggest the DNA ones.
            would they work for ccp boot tuck?

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

I think its pretty difficult to say that for another person as it depends on what size you are and how the pants fit around your legs, fitted or loose, and same thing for the boots, whether they are really skinny in the ankles or have space etc...
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• sixledge
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by stemcell View Post
                Definitely thought so, thanks for confirming.
                There is also a thread created to check if an item is legit for future reference:

Discuss what you buy, where you buy it, and how you wear it.

Comment

• ian+
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by drizzly View Post
                  would they work for ccp boot tuck?
                  what lowrey said is accurate. You 'd better ask ZamB for extra help.

Comment

• drizzly
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                    I think its pretty difficult to say that for another person as it depends on what size you are and how the pants fit around your legs, fitted or loose, and same thing for the boots, whether they are really skinny in the ankles or have space etc...
                    Originally posted by ian+ View Post
                    what lowrey said is accurate. You 'd better ask ZamB for extra help.
                    yea i just pm zam, i wanted a little direction before i started searching

Comment

• Developing
                      • Dec 2012

Has anyone ever purchased products from Dressaddict?

Their concept of selling 'groups' of pieces is interesting but I just want to buy a cardigan without the basic top that comes with it...

Comment

• tf9s
                        • Jan 2013

lace-up combat boots

hey guys--I may have just done a spur of the moment cop: http://www.barneys.com/A-Diciannovev...boots&index=2# and I'm wondering if anyone could tell me about this boot--it says leather, but it's hard to tell exactly what it is. Also, anyone know how the sizing goes on this? I usually wear a 7.5D or 7.0E in Alden's big boot lasts (TruBalance, Barrie, Modified), but that's with dress socks. Hoping this fits with thicker wool socks at 8.
                        Last edited by Dane; 02-01-2013, 09:49 AM. Reason: moved from designer thread

Comment

• ian+
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Developing View Post
                          Has anyone ever purchased products from Dressaddict?

Their concept of selling 'groups' of pieces is interesting but I just want to buy a cardigan without the basic top that comes with it...
                          So send them a message.

Comment

• messenoire
                            • Nov 2009

from what i can see dressaddict looks like shit just ripping off dated julius and rick quite blatantly in viscose like fabrics. they dont look like they have a real grasp of the aesthetic theyre selling but are aware of it's currently marketability. save your money.

Comment

• Developing
                              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
                              from what i can see dressaddict looks like shit just ripping off dated julius and rick quite blatantly in viscose like fabrics. they dont look like they have a real grasp of the aesthetic theyre selling but are aware of it's currently marketability. save your money.
                              Thanks for the insight. I know very little about actual garment construction / composition so I don't really know how to analyze something past how it is presented.

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by tf9s View Post
                                hey guys--I may have just done a spur of the moment cop: http://www.barneys.com/A-Diciannovev...boots&index=2# and I'm wondering if anyone could tell me about this boot--it says leather, but it's hard to tell exactly what it is. Also, anyone know how the sizing goes on this? I usually wear a 7.5D or 7.0E in Alden's big boot lasts (TruBalance, Barrie, Modified), but that's with dress socks. Hoping this fits with thicker wool socks at 8.
                                i can tell you that you got a good deal.

so, i clicked on that link and then looked around a little and saw the A1923 "ultra-distressed" sneakers for $2k. i gotta say that if i was just a regular joe, with only a passing interest in clothings, casually browsing around, and saw those shoes, i would be mildly blown away. just by the picture they really do look like beat to shit sneakers, for $2k. regular folks must think that whoever buys those is an absolute moron.

its funny. the real me is hell bent on buying a pair of those someday. at a more reasonable, grey/black market price of, say....$1k.

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎