X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Acid, Bitter and Sad
    • Mar 2007

LUC SS13 Curved Inseam Pant

Can anyone who has handled/tried the new Curved Inseam pant comment on its cut and fit, as compared to the J-pant (circa AW11-12 & SS12) and the One Cut pant (AW12-13)?

From my experience, the main difference in fit between the j and the one cut pant ... the latter was cut slimmer from the knees down.
    Curious to know where the Curved Inseam pant stands...
    Last edited by Acid, Bitter and Sad; 02-06-2013, 01:04 AM.

Comment

• eleven crows
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by copacetic
      the uncanny streak of eleven crows being wrong about everything continues.
      sz illuminati on my case. gotta make myself scarce before i wake up with an object dyed horse head in my bed. no more name-dropping a$ap or dissing poell fits. if they're dropping mad stacks on that jazz they wouldn't flinch from dropping me. real talk.

Comment

• sixledge
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
        For the BBS sneakers I sized up 1 size. No complains about them atm.
        Wondering how they wear as in aging not fit.

Like Rick sneakers the sole wears so fast. Wondering how the BBS trainers compare.

Comment

• unwashed
          • Dec 2008

I have only worn them a week now so cannot tell about the sole wearing off like RO, but from what I can see the sole should last longer as the RO-gumsole is much weaker and softer material.

About construction and durability, in store while trying the bamba II I took one pair where the rusted eyelet was already torn off. It looked like the leather was to soft to endure the pulling of laces. So I'm being careful with my pair putting force on the laces when lacing them.

Besides the soft leather this is also a plus for comfort. They fit very lightweight en soft for you feet.
          Grailed link

Comment

• kurruptz
            • Jan 2013

does anyone here use something to prolong the life of their rick sneakers? or is it hopeless?

Comment

• Gauche
              • Nov 2010

Go to your cobbler & ask him to put a vibram sole on your pair. Most of them can do that.

& if the heel is already gone, ask him, there is always this solution (I never asked for that but I guess it's a bit more complicated) :

Comment

• arc
                • Mar 2011

This probably get asked many times before. What is the difference between Guidi 988 and 788? And which pair shall I go for? Thanks.

Comment

• xeraphim
                  • Nov 2008

788 has a taller heel.

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

I prefer the lower heel on the 988.
                    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• again..double heel height - it's a Z in the article, it could be done both for 788, 988, 789 etc back zips

All 788 and 988 difference (as far I know, maybe I'm wrong) is in the total height of boot (988 is taller) and angle of the shaft

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

I recall someone going into detail in the Guidi thread about how the 3-digits indicate different things. There's also another letter (I forget) that indicates an unstructured toebox. I get confused by all of it.
                        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• yep. and as far I know they even got second article system for hellknowwhat (color/leather type?) all this 511T, 804T

As fact and it's true:
                          Z - double heel and double sole
                          S - narrow shaft (May work together - SZ)

Maybe T is a letter for hard cup?
                          Because as far I know they normally runs with soft toe and cup is only an option

Are you sure about three digits code?

Shit, try to build some system via Ink's guidi page. boiled brain.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by arc View Post
                            This probably get asked many times before. What is the difference between Guidi 988 and 788? And which pair shall I go for? Thanks.
                            if you want to wear a melted leather ninja sock - get the 988.

if you want your boot to resemble an actual boot - get the 788z.

if you would like said boot-resembling-boot to not melt off your leg at the opening - get the 788zs.

-

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Jin View Post
                              yep. and as far I know they even got second article system for hellknowwhat (color/leather type?) all this 511T, 804T

As fact and it's true:
                              Z - double heel and double sole
                              S - narrow shaft (May work together - SZ)

Maybe T is a letter for hard cup?
                              Because as far I know they normally runs with soft toe and cup is only an option

Are you sure about three digits code?

Shit, try to build some system via Ink's guidi page. boiled brain.
                              I think if it ends in a T = mushy toe?

I thought the first digit in the 3-digit numerical code indicated heel height, as opposed to double/single thickness.

Comment

• and if you need stocks go for 9001....

Hm what's the difference between 788 and 789? Height only?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎