X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tf9s
    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
    i can tell you that you got a good deal.

so, i clicked on that link and then looked around a little and saw the A1923 "ultra-distressed" sneakers for $2k. i gotta say that if i was just a regular joe, with only a passing interest in clothings, casually browsing around, and saw those shoes, i would be mildly blown away. just by the picture they really do look like beat to shit sneakers, for $2k. regular folks must think that whoever buys those is an absolute moron.

its funny. the real me is hell bent on buying a pair of those someday. at a more reasonable, grey/black market price of, say....$1k.

Actually those A1923 sneakers were my first introduction to the brand, that sort of thing isn't really for me, to be honest. I'm pretty into dress boots, Alden, C&J, stuff like that, but I really haven't had much experience with GN brands at all. I've needed a black boot, and I couldn't help but think that might be the way to go.

I wish Barneys had more detail on what the actual leather is, though. I'm also curious as to how these will compare in terms of construction to the dress boots that I usually wear.

Comment

• drizzly
      Banned
      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by tf9s View Post
      hey guys--I may have just done a spur of the moment cop: http://www.barneys.com/A-Diciannovev...boots&index=2# and I'm wondering if anyone could tell me about this boot--it says leather, but it's hard to tell exactly what it is. Also, anyone know how the sizing goes on this? I usually wear a 7.5D or 7.0E in Alden's big boot lasts (TruBalance, Barrie, Modified), but that's with dress socks. Hoping this fits with thicker wool socks at 8.
      a1923 is TTS and those i think were made from bull, but i may be wrong

Comment

• eton97
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by tf9s View Post
        hey guys--I may have just done a spur of the moment cop: http://www.barneys.com/A-Diciannovev...boots&index=2# and I'm wondering if anyone could tell me about this boot--it says leather, but it's hard to tell exactly what it is. Also, anyone know how the sizing goes on this? I usually wear a 7.5D or 7.0E in Alden's big boot lasts (TruBalance, Barrie, Modified), but that's with dress socks. Hoping this fits with thicker wool socks at 8.
        I have this exact boot. It's thick horse leather. They fit tts.
        you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• eleven crows
          • Mar 2011

I was under the impression some Augusta fit a size bigger. The sneakers I have are 44 could probably accomodate a 44.5 without the insole. In fact, I can't wear them with the insole at all.

Comment

• eton97
            • Dec 2008

Ummm. I've had several pair of augusta boots - all sz43. Sneaks sz43 as well. When I've tried sz42 I've had to sell coz too small. Only in the derbyz do I have to sz up to a sz44 because of the low instep.
            Last edited by eton97; 02-01-2013, 04:39 PM.
            you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

my experience is the same as eton's, most have been true to size, some models are slim or have a low instep. I have a pair of sneakers, lace up boots and zip boots and all are a 43. I'm between 42 and 43 usually.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• tf9s
                • Jan 2013

thanks for the info everyone.

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                I have this exact boot. It's thick horse leather. They fit tts.
                How have the leather soles held up on your boot?

Comment

• drizzly
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2012

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
                  I was under the impression some Augusta fit a size bigger. The sneakers I have are 44 could probably accomodate a 44.5 without the insole. In fact, I can't wear them with the insole at all.
                  i think older models of a1923 had some sizing issues

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2011

Im a true 43/us 10 and had a pair of augusta boots in 43 and pair of sneakers in 43 and they both fit tts

Comment

• samlasamla
                      • Sep 2011

Generally the same experience for me. I'm a true US 10D/EU 43.5 and I wear 43 or 44 in A1923, at least for boots from FW11 through FW12. 43 is perfect length but a bit snug in the waist; 44 perfect in the waist but a bit long, necessitating an insole.

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                        • Jan 2013

What are the differences between the original carpe diem back zip s21m and jun hashimoto's version? Are the lasts, shape, size, construction, etc all the same?

Comment

• sixledge
                          • Dec 2011

How do BBS trainers wear? Does the sole have a good life to them?

Comment

• noirgt
                            • Oct 2012

bbs sneakers are small to size (for aw12) and can be very tight around toes and it could be painful if you got bamba3 sneakers because of those metal shoe lace holes. It may require about 5 days to break in (for me) and get much more comfortable. I just got mine recently so I don't know about the life of soles... but so far so good.

Comment

• unwashed
                              • Dec 2008

For the BBS sneakers I sized up 1 size. No complains about them atm.
                              Grailed link

Comment

• Fenix
                                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by copacetic
                                the uncanny streak of eleven crows being wrong about everything continues.
                                This is top notch sig material!
                                Originally posted by hausofblaq
                                Grow up.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍