• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
    45 dollar shirts for the gym? what the fuck...
    is that much..? you can't get a lot for €30 these days so I'm not sure what you mean

I mean, I don't see a point in wearing a good quality regular t-shirt to the gym because normal cotton only absorbs sweat and gets clingy, whereas proper technical t-shirts are designed to breathe and keep you dru. But, that probably won't be any cheaper than $45 if you want something of decent quality.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• fncyths
      • Apr 2010

Good point Lowrey. I wear the Metal vent to the gym / yoga. Works for me.

Originally posted by Shucks
      it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
      Originally posted by interest1
      I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• drizzly
        Banned
        • Apr 2012

i was wondering when luluemon will catch on for men, i saw some of their workout stuff, looks fairly cool

Comment

• t-bone
          • Dec 2009

Looks like a bad idea:

Originally posted by mattizzle View Post
          Thinking of dyeing one of my PH blazer to black.
          Here is a close up pic of the fabric

Its 100% wool outside and 100% cotton inside.

Any recommendations on what product I should use?
          Should I get it professionally dyed or DIY would be easy?
          Have never done this before so any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by drizzly View Post
            i was wondering when luluemon will catch on for men, i saw some of their workout stuff, looks fairly cool
            God I hope not.
            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Verdandi
              • Mar 2012

This isn't really a small question but I didn't know where to put this.
              There are moths in my closet. I haven't been home for almost a month and they weren't there before. Those little suckers (or better their larvae) already ate their way through most of my cashmere sweaters, a shaerling coat and - that's the worst- my CdG twisted coat from 2002. That one fortunately has only three holes in it.
              What should I do? should I call an exterminator? I already threw the sweaters away and washed the garments that are machine-washable. Should I bring the rest to the dry-cleaners? Or put them in the freezer?
              Sorry for all these questions but I never had to deal with moths before and I am kind of worried I'll have to throw half my winter wardrobe away.
              lavender menace

Comment

• AppendixG
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
                There are moths in my closet.

What should I do? should I call an exterminator?
                If you have a second closet, I'd clean that out, go buy some cedar blocks and lay'em out on the floor and shelving, then move your clothes into that closet. After a while, the moths will leave/die from the original closet, then just clean it out, lay cedar blocks and move your stuff back into the original closet.

As for cleaning or throwing away things, I'd clean everything as per the tag just to be safe. Save what you can, mourn the rest.

Comment

• cjbreed
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by t-bone View Post
                  that did not work out at all. looks like a first timer home dye job for sure
                  dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• wurm
                    • Nov 2010

i thought there was a general clothing care thread but i couldn't find it...anyway,
                    does anyone know how to get super glue out of clothes? i broke my door and was glueing the panels back together and i guess some got on the carpet and then on my pants. they're 70% linen, 30% cotton. i've washed them and that appears to be pretty ineffective. i've used goo gone/goof off too and it hasn't really done much. most effective thing at this point is picking it off with my fingers but it's taking forever and i don't know that it will do the job completely.

they're very lightweight and perfect for spring/summer

Comment

• blackfedora
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by wurm View Post
                      i thought there was a general clothing care thread but i couldn't find it...anyway,
                      does anyone know how to get super glue out of clothes? i broke my door and was glueing the panels back together and i guess some got on the carpet and then on my pants. they're 70% linen, 30% cotton. i've washed them and that appears to be pretty ineffective. i've used goo gone/goof off too and it hasn't really done much. most effective thing at this point is picking it off with my fingers but it's taking forever and i don't know that it will do the job completely.

they're very lightweight and perfect for spring/summer
                      I'd say try acetone (most nail polish removers use that as solvent) or chloroform (cobblers often have it for removing dyes/oils from leather without damaging the materials in the process) or befriend a chemist. If I were you I'd first put some of that glue on a rag/piece of material of comparable composition and colour, let it dry and try to remove it with the above mentioned solvents. Things like isopropanol/ethanol/ methanol won't remove most glues so I wouldn't recommend wasting time with those. Be careful not to huff too much of the chloroform fumes in doing so or you might wind up seeing purple squirrels.

Comment

• AppendixG
                        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
                        I'd say try acetone (most nail polish removers use that as solvent) or chloroform (cobblers often have it for removing dyes/oils from leather without damaging the materials in the process) or befriend a chemist.
                        You might try freezing them, too, if none of the solvents work out. Might make picking/breaking it off easier. I did that when I got Gorilla Glue on a pair of canvas shoes once.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by t-bone View Post
                          Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                          that did not work out at all. looks like a first timer home dye job for sure
                          no, didn't you read, its "Suburb craftsmanship!"

that definitely looks a bit half-assed, plus he went from white to black which of course creates the problem of contrast stitching discussed earlier. I'd still say from any dark colour to black is doable if you are careful, though.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Shucks
                            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
                            I'd say try acetone (most nail polish removers use that as solvent) or chloroform (cobblers often have it for removing dyes/oils from leather without damaging the materials in the process) or befriend a chemist. If I were you I'd first put some of that glue on a rag/piece of material of comparable composition and colour, let it dry and try to remove it with the above mentioned solvents. Things like isopropanol/ethanol/ methanol won't remove most glues so I wouldn't recommend wasting time with those. Be careful not to huff too much of the chloroform fumes in doing so or you might wind up seeing purple squirrels.
                            careful with acetone though:

1. get acetone which is NOT mixed with oil - sometimes it is.
                            2. acetone can leave white-ish stains on dark clothing. i am not sure why/when this happens exactly - my best guess is that the white is actually dissolved residue from the glue itself, but i am not sure. i agree with the suggestion to prototype this before going at the actual garment. aside from that, acetone usually works a treat for dissolving most glue. sometimes i use benzene instead.

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by AppendixG View Post
                              If you have a second closet, I'd clean that out, go buy some cedar blocks and lay'em out on the floor and shelving, then move your clothes into that closet. After a while, the moths will leave/die from the original closet, then just clean it out, lay cedar blocks and move your stuff back into the original closet.

As for cleaning or throwing away things, I'd clean everything as per the tag just to be safe. Save what you can, mourn the rest.
                              i do NOT agree with this. i've had moth problems a long time ago - and i say DEFINITELY get professional help. you do not want to risk having the problem continue, if you have expensive garments in your wardrobe. these little fuckers will go for the best fabrics first.

if you do decide to take care of the problem yourself, get some real bug spray, not just cedar, and blast your closet properly. and make sure to dry clean everything that was in it too. and then go out and buy some of those insect repellent thingies that you hang off your clothing rack or place in your drawers.

Comment

• Verdandi
                                • Mar 2012

Thanks for the help!

I decided to have an exterminator come in later. Everything that hasn't been eaten up is at the dry cleaners and my beloved Comme coat will be send in for reweaving afterwards.

So the next question is what would be a good moth repellant? I had cedar and lavender sachets in the closet already and the moths didn't seem to care about that and went for it anyway.
                                lavender menace

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎