X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • delicious_not
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
    i guess what you mean here by 'thing' is the tab that fastens to the button sewn on the inside of the waist.
    no, i mean this:

the 'thing' that covers (?) the top button. never seen this before on rick trousers.

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

i'm pretty sure that is for keeping your belt aligned - these are 'formal' pants. you put the 'pin' of the belt buckle through it.

Comment

• delicious_not
        • Dec 2012

i'm pretty sure that is for keeping your belt aligned - these are 'formal' pants. you put the 'pin' of the belt buckle through it.
        did a little research and yeah, seems like the answer! never seen this kind of extra loop before.

Comment

• max_yeah_true
          • Apr 2012

my best piece of advice - and i mean this - is to go away and think long and hard about why you feel this way. come back when you are done.
          is it wrong to say that? i dont really have the option to try much on in store and so when i see pieces online, if theyre not from this season then i wont really be in a good position to buy the item because I wont really know what Im getting and I definitely wont have the ability to return them. Better iterations are obv safer buys, money-wise, and so if I really want to try experimenting with rick, id prefer starting with pieces i KNOW are good quality and will look decent in person, and along the way slowly develop my own style through buying new pieces that i think satisfy my own style, if i can make that decision through the online purchasing process... i may have missed your point as its pretty early and i just woke up.. but yea

Comment

• diorowen
            • Aug 2010

^
            yea you missed the point.
            best iteration is subjective, best for others, doesnt mean best for you.
            think about what you like, what kind of looks are you after, and yea, even if you dont have the advantage of trying em, look for picture online.
            full length parka vs bomber?
            ss12 vs ss13?
            older vs new geo?
            we dont have the answer. you have the answer yourself. parka vs bomber? depends on what you need and like, you want it longer, get the parka. and what other pieces do you have in your wardrobe? what do you want to wear with the parka? if you want to layer a lot, you don't need to get the thicker 07 bomber. get the drkshdw version this season, and wear it indoor.
            ss12 vs ss13?
            same cut, same stitching method, probably different material.

whether it look decent on a person, is totally depends on one's build. and how creative they are in wearing em.

people often throw away words like best iteration for their own opinion. not literally the best for everyone.

that's why, think long and hard.
            and read this

and dont worry too much
            no one gets it right from the first try
            Last edited by diorowen; 11-20-2013, 12:09 AM.
            still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by diorowen View Post
              nice and friendly reply to question.

^how i should have replied. thanks for taking the time to say it in a better way than i did.

Comment

• max_yeah_true
                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by diorowen View Post
                ^
                yea you missed the point.
                best iteration is subjective, best for others, doesnt mean best for you.
                think about what you like, what kind of looks are you after, and yea, even if you dont have the advantage of trying em, look for picture online.
                full length parka vs bomber?
                ss12 vs ss13?
                older vs new geo?
                we dont have the answer. you have the answer yourself. parka vs bomber? depends on what you need and like, you want it longer, get the parka. and what other pieces do you have in your wardrobe? what do you want to wear with the parka? if you want to layer a lot, you don't need to get the thicker 07 bomber. get the drkshdw version this season, and wear it indoor.
                ss12 vs ss13?
                same cut, same stitching method, probably different material.

whether it look decent on a person, is totally depends on one's build. and how creative they are in wearing em.

people often throw away words like best iteration for their own opinion. not literally the best for everyone.

that's why, think long and hard.
                and read this

and dont worry too much
                no one gets it right from the first try
                Thanks. When I was asking others for advice I didn't mean I'd blindly want whatever they said was good. I mean... I'm PRETTY sure I'd only buy something I truly like. I guess I should change my questions to 'what are the differences between x and y?'
                I'd just find it annoying to buy a certain piece that I think I like, to later on see another one in the same model that I prefer but just hadn't known about. Putting aside personal preferences, can anything be said about certain seasons regarding quality? Obviously that would help narrow down my search. I just wish there was an easy way to do all this. I'm already willing to pay a shit ton, why couldn't they reproduce certain pieces

Anyway, I will definitely go through that thread. Thanks once again.

to add: what do you examine in a piece exactly? Obviously in the end it's a yes or no or maybe, but how do you get to that decision? What factors into that exactly? And from seeing a piece online, what exactly CAN you find out? For whatever you can't, how do you go about doing that?!

Comment

• MosesHerzog
                  • Feb 2013

LUC mil tent pants

Are LUC military tent one cut pants comfortable or is the fabric so stiff that impedes movements?

Comment

• diorowen
                    • Aug 2010

Quality is a hard word to use. like what define a good quality for you? is it durability? or thickness of the leather for example? or the amount of workmanship put into a pieces?
                    So I guess its back to your preference once again. well asking the difference is fine. but mostly designers like rick use the same pattern construction and just change the material and variation. its hard to generalize certain season regarding quality. like people said rick's leather is used to be better circa 07-09. and now he produce shitty leather etc. but I personally dont think so. and I believe some people don't think the same as me.
                    and this,

I'd just find it annoying to buy a certain piece that I think I like, to later on see another one in the same model that I prefer but just hadn't known about.

The many "I" in this statement proof that its all about your personal preference. so nothing can be done with regretful purchase. you just need to do lots of research about what's available, etc.

to add: what do you examine in a piece exactly? Obviously in the end it's a yes or no or maybe, but how do you get to that decision? What factors into that exactly? And from seeing a piece online, what exactly CAN you find out? For whatever you can't, how do you go about doing that?

read the thread first. you'll find most of the answer there. why are you rushing so much?
                    for the online purchase, I guess its about experience. I don't know, maybe someone who never go to retail can answer about it. Although I doubt that someone exist. maybe trial and error? buy stuff and sell it if you dont like it. I'm not sure. personal aesthetic is not achieved. it's developed.
                    still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• noirgt
                      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by MosesHerzog View Post
                      Are LUC military tent one cut pants comfortable or is the fabric so stiff that impedes movements?
                      Don't know about the military tent ones, but I highly recommend the military bread sack ones from current season. very sweet fabric and nice cut.

Comment

• i-d-g
                        • Sep 2012

if you just received an m.a+ that was way too big for your (scrawny) wrist, would you?

a. sell the bracelet
                        b. carefully hammer a new hole into bracelet to fit better
                        c. wear it as is, and have it be a little loose
                        d. become a body builder to bulk up aforementioned wrist muscles

“Man has somehow always feared this search, and I fear it even now. Suppose all man ever does is search for the reason, crosses oceans, sacrifices his life in the search; but to search it out, actually to find it, he’s afraid. For he senses that once he finds it, there will be nothing to search for.”

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Cut off the excess and punch a new hole. That bracelet looks like it would be huge on anyone!
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• i-d-g
                            • Sep 2012

what should i do about the + on the very end of the bracelet then? i'd like to keep it if possible.

“Man has somehow always feared this search, and I fear it even now. Suppose all man ever does is search for the reason, crosses oceans, sacrifices his life in the search; but to search it out, actually to find it, he’s afraid. For he senses that once he finds it, there will be nothing to search for.”

Comment

• newp
                              • Feb 2013

Make a new hole and:
                              1. Leave the + end loose.
                              2. Add a leather band on the bracelet like on belt and put the loose end inside.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

hmm, will the tail be too long if you punch a new hole and leave the length as it is?

the + could be moved too but takes a little more work of course
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎