X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

I guess thats bound to happen in some cases. would probably a bit funny if you were decked head to toe in the designer, but if its moderate it wouldn't really bother me.

Originally posted by Nikov View Post
    Does anybody know of a Japanese proxy willing to go to a physical store for a pickup? The store I 'm trying to buy something from doesn't have a website and they don't ship. And it's in Harajuku.
    if I remember correctly, Hide from Sharpservice might do store pickups, check with him.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Huxley View Post
      This is a stupid question, but when you guys go into like the Rick Owens flagship store, or Margiela, or wherever, do you ever shop there wearing said brand's clothing, or shit purchased there recently? I've always felt weird about this. >_<

Also, are women's RO tanktops cut any different than men's, asides from the size difference of course.
      It's never premeditated, but I don't mind when it's coincidental. I think it's good to fly your colors. A lot of times I go to stores on a whim, usually if I'm in the neighborhood.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gerry
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Huxley View Post
        This is a stupid question, but when you guys go into like the Rick Owens flagship store, or Margiela, or wherever, do you ever shop there wearing said brand's clothing, or shit purchased there recently? I've always felt weird about this. >_<

Also, are women's RO tanktops cut any different than men's, asides from the size difference of course.
        Honestly, I feel awkward if it was bought within the season, but most of the time the store is on the way someplace so it's not a big deal.

As for RO tanks, I haven't noticed a difference in cut.

Comment

• gerry
          • Feb 2008

Kind of a silly question, but lately I've realized that most of my favorite shoes have been labelled as "handmade" and I wonder if that term has any value? Is it just more marketing?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by gerry View Post
            Kind of a silly question, but lately I've realized that most of my favorite shoes have been labelled as "handmade" and I wonder if that term has any value? Is it just more marketing?
            Depends on the company, but yea, probably just more marketing.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by gerry View Post

in this day in age Gerry, I'd say it's marketing.

In all honesty, for something like shoes, there must be a level of individual workers constructing it. Even Nike air force 1's are "handmade" in that sense, but Nike just doesn't push that aspect because of the stigma associated with their footwear and sweat shop laborers.

The label of "handmade" can only be positive if the goods attached to it are perceived as luxury IMO.
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• bestial
                • Jun 2008

I have probably not looked close enough, but how fast/slow is luisaviaroma on shippining within EU? And do they send by post or dhl/ups ?

Comment

• asho
                  • Nov 2007

it gets to australia in 3 days if that says anything, costs 50 euros though.

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

if I remember correctly they use Fedex in the EU. takes 3-5 days to scandinavia from date of order.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bestial
                      • Jun 2008

A perfect. free shiping witih EU too, copped a womans ro-tank for €100, cross my fingers sz 40 will work.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                        A perfect. free shiping witih EU too, copped a womans ro-tank for €100, cross my fingers sz 40 will work.

Rockin!

Good luck mate

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• maldoror
                          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                          good luck indeed, unfortunately you'll need it. the difference between the men's and women's tank is not just the sizing but also the cut, specifically around the chest. the women's is more--um--"anatomical"; it flares around the breast, making sort of a concave-to-convex "s"-shape down through the armpit. it's hard to explain, but you'll see what I mean soon enough. didn't work for me, but might (I hope) work for you.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

I had thought that too Maldoror, but only based on the NAP photo and then it was tight on a female mannequin torso... then someone one here mentioned that the female and male tanks were the same somewhere and so I thought the NAP sale would have benefitted those on here.

We'll soon see once Bestial gets his in! Hope it works for you as well my friend.

Comment

• LEWisMe
                              • Jul 2007

Quick question on CCP jacket sizing:

I tried on the SS08 scarred stitch jacket at Maxfield in a 50 (they only jacket they had). It fit me well in terms of shoulder width but the elbow joints were a bit too far down and didn't like up perfectly with my elbows. Also when zipped, there was more room in the chest than I'd like and the worst part was that it "belled" out horrifically at the bottom. The upper arm width was on the snug side and if it was any tighter, I would not be able wear more than a thin LS tee or my upper arms won't fit.

That said, does this mean that my body type won't properly fit into a CCP leather jacket? I think a 46 would have been great but I'm worried that the upper arms and shoulders would be too narrow.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
                              "Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead." Rick Owens

Comment

• bestial
                                • Jun 2008

Yeah, I also saw somewhere that the tanks is the same, and the model at Luisa could'nt be charged with having big breasts. But we'll see how it works out in a couple of days.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎