Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jumpoff
    • Jan 2008

So I have this heavy s2a parka that i wear now that it is below -10. Problem is, it seems to attract every single piece of dust in a 10 mile radius. Any know a simple treatment of the exterior that would stop this from happening?

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by jumpoff View Post
      So I have this heavy s2a parka that i wear now that it is below -10. Problem is, it seems to attract every single piece of dust in a 10 mile radius. Any know a simple treatment of the exterior that would stop this from happening?
      vacuum-cleaning your home?

Comment

• jumpoff
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
        vacuum-cleaning your home?
        And every public space I ever visit?

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

who needs public spaces when you have internet forums. (fora...)

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

I assume its some sort of canvas, probably somewhat coarse and matte as that type of fabric tends to suck in dust... you could try some sort of protective spray? there is no guarantee of the result though..
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• whtnnk986
              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
              anyone dealt with Plinth's japanese brushed cotton with a code JBR? stiff or soft? and i bet it's pretty hard to keep this fabric clean from the dust?
              I have the cowl long sleeves sweatshirt in this material. The material is not too thick and is very soft. It does gather dust more easily than the normal cotton version. The dust could be cleaned off using an usb powered vacuum cleaner with ease.

Comment

• schuur
                • Oct 2013

bought this belt off a guy who said it was 15-20 years old or something like that, i dont really need to know the season but if someone could point me in the right direction itd be nice just out of curiosity

Last edited by schuur; 01-11-2014, 02:30 AM.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Please resize your photos... I would also be quite surprised if it was really that old.
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• schuur
                    • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                    Please resize your photos... I would also be quite surprised if it was really that old.
                    yeah i think he overestimated as well, part of why i wanted to check. sorry about the pics, edited

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by morsto View Post
                      How much can a tailor decrease the waist of a pair of suit pants? My body has fucked up dimensions, need a ~52 jacket to fit me but my waist is 41 cm ish and 52 pants are something like 45-46cm typically from what I gather. Is this doable?
                      You can adjust several cm's, but will the rest of the pants fit right is a different question, they might need further adjustments in the legs for example. But generally speaking its doable, classic suit pants are pretty easy to alter
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• swims
                        • Jan 2012

could anyone with experience give me some sizing advice on avantindietro footwear? my instep is moderately high. thanks

Comment

• delicious_not
                          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by whtnnk986 View Post
                          I have the cowl long sleeves sweatshirt in this material. The material is not too thick and is very soft. It does gather dust more easily than the normal cotton version. The dust could be cleaned off using an usb powered vacuum cleaner with ease.
                          thanks, did you try the version made of more usual cotton with a code BA? i tried this one and it's pretty thick, the way it stacks above the cuff on arms is great, it's not just falls off in a baggy way - what about this JBR version, is it thick enough to hold it's form?

just can't decide which one to get - i like the stiffness of BA but JBR seems to be more special.

Comment

• 8bpc
                            • May 2010

Originally posted by jumpoff View Post
                            I was thinking similar to lowrey. What about a DIY or professional wax coating? A wax coating would fill in the rough texture of the fabric and might stop it from catching debris. I imagine it could change the color of the jacket slightly as well as the feel of the fabric. All depends on how annoyed you are and how much you are willing to take risk and experiment. Follow up if you try it.

Comment

• whtnnk986
                              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
                              thanks, did you try the version made of more usual cotton with a code BA? i tried this one and it's pretty thick, the way it stacks above the cuff on arms is great, it's not just falls off in a baggy way - what about this JBR version, is it thick enough to hold it's form?

just can't decide which one to get - i like the stiffness of BA but JBR seems to be more special.
                              I have seen the material in person but have not tried it on. The material is stiffer and the turtleneck holds up much better, if you prefer that look you should go for the BA version. Both are about the same thickness. The JBR version is soft and does not hold its form. The JBR version keeps you warmer as the material is brushed. Personally, I very much prefer the look and feel of the JBR version.

You can see the difference by comparing the following links:

BA version from sense:
                              http://www.ssense.com/men/product/ri...rtleneck/78166

JBR version from thecorner:
                              http://www.thecorner.com/hk/men/high...7482638kc.html

Comment

• delicious_not
                                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by whtnnk986 View Post
                                I have seen the material in person but have not tried it on. The material is stiffer and the turtleneck holds up much better, if you prefer that look you should go for the BA version. Both are about the same thickness. The JBR version is soft and does not hold its form. The JBR version keeps you warmer as the material is brushed. Personally, I very much prefer the look and feel of the JBR version.

You can see the difference by comparing the following links:

BA version from sense:
                                http://www.ssense.com/men/product/ri...rtleneck/78166

JBR version from thecorner:
                                http://www.thecorner.com/hk/men/high...7482638kc.html
                                thanks again. probably need to cop both versions since i'm interested in two different colors anyway... probably not. well, will be a pretty tough decision since i can't try JBR in person anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎