X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lohikaarme
    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by neongud View Post
    Miles ahead, imo. Although drkshdw has some good treatments, they are mostly sub-par quality-wise in my experience, whereas Julius jeans (esp. knit denim) are fantastic.
    What exactly is the difference between denim and knit denim? Is knit stretchy and soft like a sweater or something?

Comment

• neongud
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
      What exactly is the difference between denim and knit denim? Is knit stretchy and soft like a sweater or something?
      I am not sure about the technicalities, but it is indeed really soft and stretchy. Mine are something like 96% cotton and 4% polyurethane. Some really great jeans if you can get them for japanese prices.

Comment

• upsilonkng
        • May 2010

julius denim is probably the most durable none ripping denim of the popular brands here. and knit is one of the best most interesting denims around. and considering the price of other well made denim(stiff /durable) like ccp and bbs it's the cheapest by far used. drkshdw is very subpar to good, it varies more than anything else i can think of. the dust , lighter colors are some of the most frail useless things ever priced at $500 or above, but some of the black denim waxed are great, fw13 comes to mind.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
          • Jul 2013

I am not sure about the technicalities, but it is indeed really soft and stretchy. Mine are something like 96% cotton and 4% polyurethane. Some really great jeans if you can get them for japanese prices.
          Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
          julius denim is probably the most durable none ripping denim of the popular brands here. and knit is one of the best most interesting denims around. and considering the price of other well made denim(stiff /durable) like ccp and bbs it's the cheapest by far used. drkshdw is very subpar to good, it varies more than anything else i can think of. the dust , lighter colors are some of the most frail useless things ever priced at $500 or above, but some of the black denim waxed are great, fw13 comes to mind.
          Huh interesting stuff. So is knit denim like... jeggings? As in, should I size down or get my normal Julius size for them. They sound like they might be fun to wear.

Comment

• BlacknWhite
            • Apr 2014

When it comes to jeans, is it because the really good Japanese brands of denim, lean more towards Heritage/Americana, that people here don't wear them?
            I mean those are fucking amazing, and all it takes is a quick tapering job to get them a nice fit.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by BlacknWhite View Post
              When it comes to jeans, is it because the really good Japanese brands of denim, lean more towards Heritage/Americana, that people here don't wear them?
              I mean those are fucking amazing, and all it takes is a quick tapering job to get them a nice fit.
              Different desires. Real McCoys, The Flat-Head, Momotaro, etc. all want to create denim that's reminiscent of vintage denim (i.e. really old 501s) and reproductions of those with the best fabrics possible. People here care more about more "extreme" cuts and looks. Stuff like slub and nep are a lot less important.

Comment

• neongud
                • Mar 2013

Huh interesting stuff. So is knit denim like... jeggings? As in, should I size down or get my normal Julius size for them. They sound like they might be fun to wear.
                My suggestion is to size down, as they are quite stretchy.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                  • May 2010

i would disagree w/ this, they become like tights if u size down. I actually recommend if ur a sz1 in julius denim to try a 2 in the knit looks better, now more than ever since it's dropped a bit looks weird if it's too tight. sz1 knit is much tighter leg and waist than actual julius denim which i always wear sz1.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                    • Jul 2013

My suggestion is to size down, as they are quite stretchy.
                    Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                    i would disagree w/ this, they become like tights if u size down. I actually recommend if ur a sz1 in julius denim to try a 2 in the knit looks better, now more than ever since it's dropped a bit looks weird if it's too tight. sz1 knit is much tighter leg and waist than actual julius denim which i always wear sz1.
                    I'm pretty solidly in a size 2 for most Julius clothes already. My waist/hips usually require about 82cm.

neongud, stretchy like elastic-waist/leggings might be? I've never sized down on denim before simply because I like a comfier top block...

Upsilonking, do you have large legs do you just prefer a looser fit? I'd figure a tighter fit (coupled with Julius' common long legs + sometimes twisted seams) would lend itself to some nice stacking?

Comment

• neongud
                      • Mar 2013

I'm pretty solidly in a size 2 for most Julius clothes already. My waist/hips usually require about 82cm.

neongud, stretchy like elastic-waist/leggings might be? I've never sized down on denim before simply because I like a comfier top block...

Upsilonking, do you have large legs do you just prefer a looser fit? I'd figure a tighter fit (coupled with Julius' common long legs + sometimes twisted seams) would lend itself to some nice stacking?
                      I guess it would be up to personal preference, in my case it's sized one down and is skin-tight with stacks. Not really elastic like leggings, more like something between leggings and jeans.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                        • May 2010

well i'm actually about a 29 in the waist but mostly for the knit denim i prefer 40cm or 41cm even 42cms, the bottom is going to be tight, i can wear the sz1 but i prefer the sz 2 and there's plenty of stacking. Actually slightly looser give u more stacking in knit denim.

Comment

• dduyyy
                          • Jul 2014

The knit denim sounds like the diesel jogg jeans - stretchy, soft and comfortable to wear. Did some searchs but seem that the design of julius jeans doesnt go well with the rest of my wardrobe right now. Im looking for a quality pair of jeans with more 'clean' look. So any suggestions?
                          Actually Im looking for a pair of jeans, or just pants, that can go well with 988, not too many details and stacks.
                          Last edited by dduyyy; 10-07-2014, 07:51 AM.

Comment

• BrianK
                            • Jan 2013

My double layer rick T became really stretched out towards the waist area and if i brought it to a tailor how would i explain to him how to tighten the hip area of the t shirt?

Comment

• Resge
                              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Trixer View Post
                              Well, build quality is probably the most important factor as it's shoes we are talking about. I own 2 pairs of boots myself from The Last Conspiracy and I'm very happy with both of them. They work mostly with horse leather and mine is now breaking in really nicely. The only thing that bothers me a little are the shiny toe boxes on pretty much all models. Luckily, this is only a polishing detail and can either be easily removed or just leave it and it will wear off quickly.
                              Thanks. I actually ordered the new Nicholas Vibram instead, we'll see how it holds up against Seattle weather.

On a side note, can anyone recommend an inexpensive slouchy beanie of reasonable quality? Preferably, cashmere, but cotton/merino mix will do as well.

Comment

• Trixer
                                • Mar 2014

Originally posted by dduyyy View Post
                                The knit denim sounds like the diesel jogg jeans - stretchy, soft and comfortable to wear. Did some searchs but seem that the design of julius jeans doesnt go well with the rest of my wardrobe right now. Im looking for a quality pair of jeans with more 'clean' look. So any suggestions?
                                Actually Im looking for a pair of jeans, or just pants, that can go well with 988, not too many details and stacks.
                                I like skinny plain jeans and own a few pairs from Odeur which i really like and use a lot. They all seem to have the same amount of stretch (4% Elastane) which is really useful to maintain the shape and not prevent movement even though fitting close.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎