X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vegettoo
    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by hausofblaq View Post
    Are S/S leathers significantly thinner than F/W ones? Or is it dependant the leather used, and the designer in particular?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    i think it depends on the leather use,and leather wear in those collections are for those countries that can wear leather in every seasons (like london),and i dont think leather is the best choice for a freezing cold winter,but some brand will have shearling jacket or thick leather like cow for the fw collection like rick

for example i bought a rick intarsia jacket from fw13 last winter and i was shocked when i received it because,it was made from a extremely thin calf and it definately not what i would wear in winter

Comment

• GucciAmen
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by vegettoo View Post
      i think it depends on the leather use,and leather wear in those collections are for those countries that can wear leather in every seasons (like london),and i dont think leather is the best choice for a freezing cold winter,but some brand will have shearling jacket or thick leather like cow for the fw collection like rick

for example i bought a rick intarsia jacket from fw13 last winter and i was shocked when i received it because,it was made from a extremely thin calf and it definately not what i would wear in winter
      Yes, I have a rick intarsia from a prior fw season (very thin lamb leather) as well and I think it matters more which model the jacket is as opposed to which season it belongs to (fw or ss). Also, I recall telling you that I would inform you of the A1923 Vitello's once they would come in. Well, I just received them, beatiful boots. They look and feel like they will last a lifetime. But, you will definitely have to size up. I'm a true 43 and my feet are swimming in them. On an unrelated note, (hope this doesn't break the rules) if anyone wants to trade a size 42 A1923 zipped iteration, I'm down!

Comment

• hausofblaq
        • Oct 2014

Okay thank you vegettoo and GucciAmen for your input!

Looks like a thinner leather jacket will be the next thing to add to my wardrobe...

Comment

• Monoral
          • Mar 2014

It's just me or Rick doesn't do thick leather anymore? or

I've handled some newer leathers recently and they don't feel substantial like they used to a few years ago.

Comment

• the breaks
            • Sep 2007

It's gone downhill. Most of it feels like paper to me too.
            Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by hausofblaq View Post
              Okay thank you vegettoo and GucciAmen for your input!
              they didn't make much sense though...

The weight depends on the leather type. some designers might use heavier leathers for fall-winter and lighter ones for summer, but some don't care and I'd say most labels discussed here will pick a leather based on other reasons than the season. I recommend studying different leathers (animals) a little bit to figure out their characteristics, that will help a bit in telling the weight of the actual product, but it can still vary a bit. if you are looking for something light, lamb and kangaroo for example are often lighter than say cow, horse, bison etc. Calf I feel like is somewhere in the middle but it depends.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• upsilonkng
                • May 2010

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
                It's just me or Rick doesn't do thick leather anymore? or

I've handled some newer leathers recently and they don't feel substantial like they used to a few years ago.
                Rick usually still does one per season that's really thick, it's almost always the calf and he'll use it on more than one jacket style but other than that, it's just paper thin suede sold as blistered and shiny thinner than thin lamb. I've tried some jackets where the lining feels more significant than the leather.

Comment

• schemedream
                  • Jan 2013

Originally posted by newp View Post
                  It most certainly will be a problem. Their design implies wearing them unzipped: if you ARE able to zip them, this means you've bought them... probably 2 sizes up and your feet are going to swim. I feel myself perfect in mine, just the right size, and I am unable to zip them at all. Maybe someone with more flatter feet is able to do this, but only photo with them unzipped I've seen is with some asian guy and he wears them 1-2 sizes big.
                  I have a pair from a few seasons back. They fit almost tts in 44 for me. I don't swim around in them. The zippers needed to be replaced, but now that I've fixed them I can zip them up. Maybe your feet are taller / wider than most?

Agree with Shucks on the zippers being a bitch. I'm not sure if it was an intentional design, or an error on zipper choice, but that shit sucks.

Comment

• vegettoo
                    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                    It's gone downhill. Most of it feels like paper to me too.
                    for the thick leather i bought from rick,i had a cow leather from 12fw,its really thick and stiff but both side of the pit had bursted after abt 5 times wear,i was quite dispointed

Comment

• Monoral
                      • Mar 2014

Originally posted by vegettoo
                      upsilonkng miss the juicy calf leather from ricks old season
                      Agree, used to own oiled calf, what a sweet sweet leather.

Comment

• BrianK
                        • Jan 2013

Is this a rick owens geo leather jacket?

image hosting over 5mb

Comment

• derpington
                          • Oct 2009

Yes, it is.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                            • Jul 2013

What is "cotton stain stretch"? Apparently it's a material Julius uses that's 95% cotton 5% polyurethene.

An example, apparently. Ankle stacking is kind of ugly though.

Comment

• blackfedora
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                              What is "cotton stain stretch"? Apparently it's a material Julius uses that's 95% cotton 5% polyurethene.

An example, apparently. Ankle stacking is kind of ugly though.
                              From the pics, it looks like the word "stain" is just satin misspelled. At least that is my perception based on what the material looks like.

Comment

• noirgt
                                • Oct 2012

^^^correct

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡