X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xeraphim
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by snafu View Post
    who was the first high street chain to collaborate with high end fashion design/designer's? H&M with Karl back in 04?
    Topshop with Chalayan in '98 perhaps?

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

^ see the rick owens seasonal collection thread - other members have found that they were/are available in men's sizes at RO stores.

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
        • Jan 2013

Does anyone else have trouble keeping the hood of the Rick Owens 'exploder' parka from drooping? I have a down filled version (mainline) and it seems the zipper is too heavy and brings the rest of the hood down no matter what I do. Have to fold it back whenever I wear. Would love a solution to this, thanks.

Comment

• neostrifeX
          • Jun 2013

Originally posted by t3hg0suazn View Post
          Does anyone else have trouble keeping the hood of the Rick Owens 'exploder' parka from drooping? I have a down filled version (mainline) and it seems the zipper is too heavy and brings the rest of the hood down no matter what I do. Have to fold it back whenever I wear. Would love a solution to this, thanks.
          The mainline moleskin which I sold back then had the problem, which was fixed somewhat by pulling the drawstrings taut as much as I could. The current one I own, also mainline moleskin, stands on it's own pretty okay without any major drooping. Maybe the stiffer moleskin material holds the weight of the zipper better than the nylon?

Comment

• Soul Pill
            • Feb 2011

I have the drkshdw exploder parka and yes, the zip does occasionally push the hood down, but it's no big deal - just fold it back. Some have said that the polyester filling of the drkshdw version doesn't protect against cold, but I was out for 6hrs in -20º of Moscow this week and it kept me toasty warm.

Comment

• DudleyGray
              • Jul 2013

Wear a low profile baseball cap underneath. It gives structure even to a mushy mountain hoodie without affecting the intended shape of the hood much if at all.
              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• qcqc
                • Oct 2012

what shorts/pants do you guys recommend for hot weather? (Tired of Rick pod/basket shorts)

Comment

• Soul Pill
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by qcqc View Post
                  what shorts/pants do you guys recommend for hot weather? (Tired of Rick pod/basket shorts)
                  Rick Moody "big" shorts, or the new Rick Faun "big/above knee" shorts.

Comment

• stagename
                    • Oct 2011

Could also go for any kind of cropped pants by Rick or others. Detroit in lightweight cotton. Yohji has good lightweight pants as well. Linen or lightweight wool pants from Doma. I mean, the options are pretty limitless..

Short-wise, I wear Jil Sander's when I want a more tailored summer look.

Comment

• Scander
                      • Jul 2013

I use marvielab cotton/linen. But don't know if your cup of cake.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Scander View Post
                        cup of cake.
                        I love this and am going to start using this.
                        bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• 8bpc
                          • May 2010

Thoughts on merino wool base layers? Came across this merino undershirt from N. Bidlake (96% New Zealand merino wool / 4% Spandex), and it prompted curiosity.

Comment

• rickandjulius
                            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by 8bpc View Post
                            Thoughts on merino wool base layers? Came across this merino undershirt from N. Bidlake (96% New Zealand merino wool / 4% Spandex), and it prompted curiosity.
                            Good if you want to wear it a lot considering it won't smell after a couple of wears.

Comment

• SuE
                              • Jan 2013

Originally posted by 8bpc View Post
                              Merino makes for the best base layers, especially in the winter. $124 for 2 is decent deal but keep in mind that natural 'off white' merino picks up stains easily if worn a lot. Black (and other dyed colors) are fine

I'd love to see more brands use merino for their tees. Rick occasionally offers a tank/sleeveless top but it's quadruple the price of the cotton or viscose tees
                              One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• dduyyy
                                • Jul 2014

How many stacks do you guys think best for wearing jeans out of boots? Im going to get my pair of jeans shortened a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎