Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DudleyGray
    • Jul 2013

Is it OK to put a Comme boiled poly blazer in the wash if I put it in a netted bag on cold/gentle/woolite dark? I mean it's already been boiled and is all wrinkly and stuff after all.
    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• HugAndWug
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
      Is it OK to put a Comme boiled poly blazer in the wash if I put it in a netted bag on cold/gentle/woolite dark? I mean it's already been boiled and is all wrinkly and stuff after all.
      ive heard people have done it and it worked out well. it's up to you if you want to risk it

Comment

• Lohikaarme
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by HugAndWug View Post
        ive heard people have done it and it worked out well. it's up to you if you want to risk it
        Any sort of lining? If so I wouldnt want to risk the two materials possibly shrinking differently.

Comment

• HugAndWug
          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
          Any sort of lining? If so I wouldnt want to risk the two materials possibly shrinking differently.
          ive actually been trying to find the original post i saw about this. it came up in a conversation about ph a few years ago but i cant remember what thread

Comment

• DudleyGray
            • Jul 2013

There's no lining, so I think I'll test it out with a handwash first. Thanks, guys.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
              • Sep 2008

Is there a different color code for CCP off white?

I thought 01 was the only white color CCP has? Next to that there is the yellow(piss) color, right?

Comment

• unwashed
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
                Is there a different color code for CCP off white?

I thought 01 was the only white color CCP has? Next to that there is the yellow(piss) color, right?
                I think color 01 is one of the most unstable colors I've seen, ranging from bone to blue. I think it depends on the mood of mister CCP or maybe the position of the moon.

He just sells his dye experiments and failed attempts under existing colorcodes. Consistency is not a known concept to the man.
                Grailed link

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                  I think color 01 is one of the most unstable colors I've seen, ranging from bone to blue. I think it depends on the mood of mister CCP or maybe the position of the moon.

He just sells his dye experiments and failed attempts under existing colorcodes. Consistency is not a known concept to the man.
                  Thanks for your answer.
                  Sometimes 01 looks more like optic white in pictures, in other more like off white.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                    • Apr 2013

off white could also be 03
                    Originally posted by unwashed
                    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                    Originally posted by Ahimsa
                    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                      • Jan 2013

Does Rick make his scarves (in particular the silk/cashmere ones) in his own factories, or are they produced by someone else? I read that some of them used to be made by Faliero Sarti. Just wondering if that's possibly still the case.

Comment

• kukuku
                        • Oct 2009

Don't know where else to post this... Kinda accidentally purchased (hard to explain ) a moma coat, has anyone handled their clothing or knew they even made them? I cannot find any info on that. I know that they make shoes and own a pair but never heard about anything else.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                          • Jul 2013

Just in case anyone searches washing a Comme des Garcons boiled polyester blazer for future reference, I had no issues with the washing machine. Cold water, woolite dark, delicate cycle, looked the same before and after the wash, smelled better after.

Comment

• colin
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                            Just in case anyone searches washing a Comme des Garcons boiled polyester blazer for future reference, I had no issues with the washing machine. Cold water, woolite dark, delicate cycle, looked the same before and after the wash, smelled better after.
                            did it influence the shape at all? wondering if a wash would help boiled poly pants with bagged out knees

Comment

• DudleyGray
                              • Jul 2013

Not discernibly, no. I'm not sure if I would have been able to tell even if it did, just given the nature of the piece.

Comment

• jabronicoolword
                                • Oct 2014

My noob question: I just bought my first pair of CCP safe boots because I like them conceptually and blah blah I'm a wasteful consumerist piece of crap.

Why are the waists (sorry if wrong word, the hole you put your foot through) so big? I understand that it's meant to be tucked but even then I feel like I'm wearing giant shit kickers and am about to go stomp around in manure. Are there some models with slimmer waists or should I just stick with Carpes?

Edit: and that's after washing them twice, which definitely shrunk them down a little, but still

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎