X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hausofblaq
    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post
    Grailed is in my opinion the best clothing marketplace site there is. Much better than feebay and easier to navigate than Rakuten.
    Shit, yeah I use Grailed too, forgot to mention that. There's a pair of in my size for $295 right now... I'll see if I can barter it down.

Comment

• GucciAmen
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by dji View Post
      how is the sizing on the Thins? I wear a 27 in Ace but the smallest size they produce for Thin is 28..
      Hmm, I'd say their about TTS, but there is 2% elastane or something of that nature, so perhaps a 27 will fit a 28.

Comment

• Shadowvault
        • Oct 2014

Hi guys.I recently purchased a julius jacket and since i think that it doesnt fit me as good as a i wanted i decided to sell/trade it.Since i dont know much about those jackets can you tell me for how much do they cost in retail price inorder to calculate the the trade value?Its from around '10 season i think.For example in general is a viridi anne jacket more expensive than a julius or an obscur maybe?
        Also to determine the condition:i've seen pictures like this listed as (almost) perfect condition (worn for like a dozen times) but you can see the wear in the arms and the "wrinkled" leather.Is this normal?
        Can you recommend me some other brand in the same style but with more thick/wintery leather type of jackets?
        Thanks a lot and sorry for my bad english

Comment

• hausofblaq
          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Shadowvault View Post
          Hi guys.I recently purchased a julius jacket and since i think that it doesnt fit me as good as a i wanted i decided to sell/trade it.Sice i dont know much about those jackets can you tell me for how much do they cost in retail price inorder to calculate the the trade value?Its from around '10 season i think.For example in general is a viridi anne jacket more expensive than a julius or an obscur maybe?
          Also to determine the condition:i've seen pictures like this listed as (almost) perfect condition (worn for like a dozen times) but you can see the wear in the arms and the "wrinkled" leather.Is this normal?
          Can you recommend me some other brand in the same style but with more thick/wintery leather type of jackets?
          Thanks a lot and sorry for my bad english
          Without knowing anything about the actual jacket itself, I would say most _7 leathers go for anywhere from $700 - $1000.
          The condition of the jacket is based more so if there's any rips in the lining or any fraying in the stitching on the jacket. Leather can take a heavy beating so any wrinkling or look of wear shouldn't really play a factor in determining the condition, maybe besides showing that it's not brand new.

You could look at F/W versions of Rick's Stooges which often offer a thicker lining in cashmere or some material of that sort.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by hausofblaq View Post
            Without knowing anything about the actual jacket itself, I would say most _7 leathers go for anywhere from $700 - $1000.
            The condition of the jacket is based more so if there's any rips in the lining or any fraying in the stitching on the jacket. Leather can take a heavy beating so any wrinkling or look of wear shouldn't really play a factor in determining the condition, maybe besides showing that it's not brand new.

You could look at F/W versions of Rick's Stooges which often offer a thicker lining in cashmere or some material of that sort.
            Well, those prices are true within Japan perhaps, but don't they reach at or above $3,000 in the USA? A look at Gordini shows one piece going for about $1200 USD. Wear-edness would certainly take the condition down, just maybe not the longevity (though sometimes).

IMO any signs of wear and tear ought to be reported.

Comment

• hausofblaq
              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
              Well, those prices are true within Japan perhaps, but don't they reach at or above $3,000 in the USA? A look at Gordini shows one piece going for about $1200 USD. Wear-edness would certainly take the condition down, just maybe not the longevity (though sometimes).

IMO any signs of wear and tear ought to be reported.
              Shit, I realized I misread his post and thought he was asking about resale value, not retail.

In that case, you're right, _7 leathers are anywhere from $2k - $3k retail.

Comment

• dji
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by GucciAmen View Post
                Hmm, I'd say their about TTS, but there is 2% elastane or something of that nature, so perhaps a 27 will fit a 28.
                thanks for the info, guess I'll stick with the Ace's until I can try a pair on somewhere.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                  • Sep 2008

I think the Ace have 2% as well though

Comment

• GucciAmen
                    • Sep 2014

I think your right, the main thing is how the thin stay's are tight from top to bottom, I think they have a smaller hem as well.

Comment

• rickandjulius
                      • Feb 2014

Anyone got any experience with how long it takes for Hong Kong speed post to get to the states?

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

^ 3 days to the DC metro area if it doesn't get held by customs.

Comment

• rickandjulius
                          • Feb 2014

Damn, that's super impressive. Thanks.

Comment

• vegettoo
                            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                            Any fellow Aussies have experience ordering delivery-duty-unpaid stuff over a thousand AUD (the limit at which taxes actually apply)? I avoid doing so unless I know the seller will mark it as gift or something similar. But I want something from Antonioli, and I don't think they do that.

How likely am I actually to have to pay something? Do the tax-folk check every parcel? It looks like two separate taxes get applied, GST and import? heeeelp meeeee.
                            when u choose ur shipping address as australia,the price should include tax and all possible fees should paid when u check out

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

Antonioli ship by DHL so if it's anything like the states the carrier will ask for the taxes upon delivery (in the US they only accept payment via cheque, fucked up system..), my understanding is the courier companies will always collect the fees and taxes where as it's luck of the draw with the regular postal service.

Comment

• vegettoo
                                • Oct 2014

anyone have seen this a1923 shark skin boot in live?http://pinsta.me/p/905947785329248520_575706665the scars seems like this one which is hourse cluttahttps://www.antonioli.eu/zh-CN/men/p...a#.VMfZynCsXn0,how is the stiffness of shark skin?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎