Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arkady
    • Apr 2011

Let us know how they are -- looks a bit of a bastard child of Zam and Boris.

Comment

• Law
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
      Let us know how they are -- looks a bit of a bastard child of Zam and Boris.
      My first thoughts exactly.

Comment

• Trixer
        • Mar 2014

So, went to check out the Versuchskind jeans and I was very impressed when handling them. They do indeed resemble both BBS and Zam but has their own aesthetics / voice I think. The denim is italian denim and the overall quality feeling great. I ended up going home with 2 pairs, besides the pair previously linked also a cold dyed grey slim fit pair which was from a slightly more heavy denim. Very excited to see how they age, first reaction top

Comment

• Arkady
          • Apr 2011

Nice! From past offerings looks like they adapted a bit to hit a new market, nowhere to check in NYC yet but I'll give them a shot.

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

the back of them is an exact copy of ZB ass-ymmetric DNA Jeans from several seasons ago

but who cares.......I ain't mad at them at all
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Trixer
              • Mar 2014

Originally posted by zamb View Post
              the back of them is an exact copy of ZB ass-ymmetric DNA Jeans from several seasons ago

but who cares.......I ain't mad at them at all

Had to google yours and they do indeed look very alike except from the dropped crotch on this model and seemingly some different length between the seams and the pockets. Dunno if intended but if so, kind of a compliment on your taste I guess

Comment

• Arkady
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                ass-ymmetric ]
                Yeah that got an audible snicker out of me when I saw it.

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Trixer View Post

Had to google yours and they do indeed look very alike except from the dropped crotch on this model and seemingly some different length between the seams and the pockets. Dunno if intended but if so, kind of a compliment on your taste I guess
                  we had two versions of the Jeans, both the drop crotch and the non drop crotch version

the yoke and back seam configuration is exactly like ours...
                  you can see it here:

however these days I really don't care about these things.
                  I think we are at a point in fashion now where the lines between those who do "innovative" and "original" work and those who do some kind of "copying" are seriously blurred.
                  I cannot honestly tell you that i have NEVER borrowed an idea. i would be a liar.

I see copies of my work all the time, sometimes client and friends send me stuff they think is copying. I have already enough on my plate in terms of keeling ZB going to worry about an idea borrowed by someone else.....
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                    • Sep 2008

Can someone ID me these a1923 boots?
                    Is this the 'Work Boot' or the 'Ankle Boot'? Or is that the same thing?

Comment

• eton97
                      • Dec 2008

From memory these are the SP2 workboot. Hotoveli stocked them.

you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                        • Sep 2008

Cheers!

Comment

• im_parfait
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2010

Are there any good designer second hand shops in London?

Comment

• LOVE
                            • Dec 2007

Any recommendations for nice plain socks/boxer shorts? Uniqlo is my current go-to but I'm getting tired of their sizing issues/style options. That's the price/quality range I'm looking for though. Thanx!

Comment

• savant
                              • Jul 2011

Can someone confirm if the new Memphis cuts are 19cm? I mean if that's the case, they'll fit a bit weird or? If I remember correctly, current and previous seasons are like 15cm....? Damn, I have a feeling 19cm might suck as I planned to preorder one in 30

Comment

• Law
                                • Dec 2013

The Yohji Yamamoto + Noir collection, is this strictly women's? Or do they do male pieces as well?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎