Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

i saw jimmy iovine wearing ccp boots on american idol. and i had the exact same pair. and randy was wearing rick owens island dunks. it didn't bother me, it was in fact pretty funny.

so yeah...i watched american idol
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• GucciAmen
      • Sep 2014

Sorry to derail the celeb convo in all of its glory..

But I was wondering if anyone has heard of the BBS P13-F1902 model? Seller says it was from Hostem, some special edition? Can anyone comment? Thanks!

Comment

• GucciAmen
        • Sep 2014

Thanks D,

Comment

• drizzly
          Banned
          • Apr 2012

Anyone ever clean up scratches on bison leather like bison ma+ or bison Ccp, do scratches buff out easily like horse?

Comment

• dji
            • Feb 2008

had my bison tornadoes for about 2 years now, never had any scratches but scuffs buff out very easily. they do pick up water stains easily though but again they're easy to wipe off and buff out.

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
              Are there many Carpe/Linea/L'Maltieri fakes floating round?
              I haven't seen any in the years that i've been collecting/wearing/following the stuff. There can sometimes be confusion between the basics (especially early LUC) of some of the lines since the braided string at the rear neckline was used by a couple different folks, and some of the designs have been diffused out to a multitude of lines and designers.
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• drizzly
                Banned
                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by dji View Post
                had my bison tornadoes for about 2 years now, never had any scratches but scuffs buff out very easily. they do pick up water stains easily though but again they're easy to wipe off and buff out.
                That is good to hear. My ccp/ma+ are horse and horse allows things to buff out pretty easily. Now I have an order for black bison ccp (whenever those come) and was a bit worried about the scratching and etc.

Any thoughts on cubs and/or cul?

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Somehow i have to laugh whenever these discussions come up about celebrity wearing (X) brand and whether that diminishes the value or take it out of the "Niche" market..........Also the crazy argument about its how its the stylist who bought the item and just throw in on the celebrity to wear.

These kind of arguments seem to imply that all celebrities are clueless people who do not read, follow social media or have any kind of interest outside of the field that made them famous.

Stores like Maxfield, Hlorenzo etc. are all in LA and most major cities. I am certain they are interested in advertizing to/ building a relationship with celebrity clients who spend thousands of dollars because its good for business regardless of whether they carry "niche brands" or not

Also with forums like SZ etc, a lot of customers are inclined to play a waiting game on sales for their beloved niche brand clothing.....with some customers outright calling some of the prices ridiculous. with wealthy "celebrity" clients, I am sure designers/ stores enjoy the pleasure of a customer who buys multiple high end purchases at a time without being perplexed about the prices.....

The truth of the matter is that designers like us need some of the celebrities you love to hate on because they make the bottom line better and help us to create the clothing you want to wear.....

It may not be a marriage of love, but certainly one of convenience.
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• the breaks
                    • Sep 2007

Zam, that actually got me wondering; are there celebrities who you would absolutely not want wearing your stuff? Do you care about that stuff at all, would you be happy for the recognition/exposure etc.?
                    Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                      Zam, that actually got me wondering; are there celebrities who you would absolutely not want wearing your stuff? Do you care about that stuff at all, would you be happy for the recognition/exposure etc.?
                      We get request from stylists all the time for clothing for Celebrities, most of the time we turn it down.
                      Of course I would like the publicity/ brand exposure.......but my policy has always been. Celebrities have tons of money so they should buy the clothing if they like it. I have NOT and will NEVER give a celebrity clothing for free, and we do give away a lot of clothing. but I prefer to give it to people who already support the brand, its my way of showing that i appreciate them.

I would love to dress intelligent, thoughtful people. people who seem to have some depth of character rather than just a "celebrity"

I like Mos def. I like John Legend and would love to dress Christiane Amanpour even though I don't do womenswear at the moment

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Are there many Carpe/Linea/L'Maltieri fakes floating round?

there are certain brands where based on the nature of the work it becomes very hard to copy an simply not worth it.

here are several factors to consider.

Brands that use A LOT of handmade, hand finished non industrial sewing and techniques are usually not copied because few people have the skills to do it and usually have to be paid well to do so and result in it not worth the investment.

Brands that are very rare and live by a devoted cult following are usually not copied because outside of its devotees its hard to get a secondary market (and by secondary i mean people who desire but cannot afford the items) interested enough to justify making fakes

A brand like BBS is in line to become the next great brand in line of what Rick is.........it straddles the delta between street wear, formal wear and avante garde fashion. It is ripe now for copying because the demand for the clothing now outweighs supply, and cost becomes a limiting factor to many who desire to purchase.
                        So be on the lookout for corrupt knock off artist who are aware of this and are ready to cash in by making fakes........

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Thanks Zamb, Chinorlz!

I'd always assumed that what Zam said was true, i.e. that the techniques involved made fakes unprofitable, but after hearing about MA+ fakes supposedly being in circulation I wondered whether I'd been a little too optimistic.
                          I have never seen MA fakes, but that's probably because other than browsing posting on SZ and on FB, I have no time for other sites/ discussions as i got work to do.......

One of the great paradox of a brand like MA+ is that the very genius of what it is, is what makes it ripe for knocking off.
                          MA+ is like high fashion origami. His patterns are intelligently thought out to be simple and interesting, pure minimalism at its height. As a result once the garment exist, the simplicity of its construction can be studied and replicated.
                          the logo is two industrial staples forming a cross........genius in thought but simple in execution.
                          Not so with a brand like GBS or even CCP where one would have to acquire specialized machines or hand sewing techniques in order to make the product. of course people will try to knock off anything, and truth be told, to make it profitable, they only need enough people without integrity who will knowingly buy something fake just for the look rather than acquiring the real thing.............Same as people who buy the "our version of" perfumes rather than the real thing.

Another thing to consider and i don't wanna get myself in trouble, are stores that buy known copies of brands to sell in the same niche to the same customer.........
                          but i aint gettin' into that cause it aint nona ma bizniz

Comment

• blowdown
                            • Feb 2011

tbh the BBS fake in the previous page is actually frightening

who would have thought they would go onto such extent

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
                              • May 2014

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                              Another thing to consider and i don't wanna get myself in trouble, are stores that buy known copies of brands to sell in the same niche to the same customer.........
                              but i aint gettin' into that cause it aint nona ma bizniz
                              Don't you think that a lot of these stores need to carry these "ripoff brands" in order to run a more profitable business? I mean it would serve the purpose of catering to this secondary market, as you mention, that desires the real thing but does not have the means to obtain it. At the same time it makes these customers feel "included" because they might be getting the same store experience any client shopping for the real thing would get. In addition to this, they are getting "close" to the real thing and may realize in time that they're just not satisfied. Maybe just a way of luring customers into long term relationships.

I'm speaking from personal experience because I've made the costly mistake before of buying from some of these shady brands.

Comment

• GucciAmen
                                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by blowdown View Post
                                tbh the BBS fake in the previous page is actually frightening

who would have thought they would go onto such extent
                                I wouldn't worry about it. As long as they are exhibited with tags, you can always tell if they are fake due to the print which is far more white (I believe it is bolded as well?) and the poor quality leather tag with the off writing of the label. Just need a careful eye .
                                Last edited by GucciAmen; 02-15-2015, 08:42 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎