X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lohikaarme
    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by dji View Post
    no issues with them quality wise. fit is like any acetate sunglasses, unless you're extremely lucky you'll probably need to have them heated and bent to fit (any optometrist or sunglasses store can do this for you). only caveat is some of the earlier models don't have a molded nose bridge which can be uncomfortable, the pairs produced in the last year or so should be fine though.
    Do you know if it's cotton acetate or something else?

Comment

• dji
      • Feb 2008

sorry no idea, the documentation included with them doesn't go to that level of technical detail.

unrelated question, what Rick Ramones leather would stand up best to mud, water, etc.? I wear my drkshdw waxed canvas pair hiking all the time and was thinking a black leather pair would also be good if they were easy enough to clean off. box calf (LPO) is probably the obvious choice but I found the leather to be on the plasticy side.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by t3hg0suazn View Post
        Is it easy for a tailor to hem CCP breadsticks while keeping the original hem? The taped seams worry me.
        What do you mean, you want to hem them but you don't want to hem them...?
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Monoral
          • Mar 2014

Originally posted by t3hg0suazn View Post
          Is it easy for a tailor to hem CCP breadsticks while keeping the original hem? The taped seams worry me.

Don't tamper with CCP, Trust me you'll regret it.

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

sorry no idea, the documentation included with them doesn't go to that level of technical detail.

unrelated question, what Rick Ramones leather would stand up best to mud, water, etc.? I wear my drkshdw waxed canvas pair hiking all the time and was thinking a black leather pair would also be good if they were easy enough to clean off. box calf (LPO) is probably the obvious choice but I found the leather to be on the plasticy side.
            that's why they would work best. otherwise maybe consider some nylon drkshdw ones? sole seems to be harder/more durable for them as well...

Comment

• wildinthewoods
              • Feb 2014

Has anyone ordered anything from "4" boutique in Kuwait? I've never bought anything from there before and I'm curious to know about their customer service.

Comment

• dji
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                that's why they would work best. otherwise maybe consider some nylon drkshdw ones? sole seems to be harder/more durable for them as well...
                yeah that's what I was thinking too. I wasn't too impressed with the box calf Geo's I've handled but the durability/ease of cleaning makes them a logical option.

I didn't really notice a difference between the drkshdw and mainline rubber soles? I've done a fair bit of hiking (at least a few miles each week over the course of a year) in the coated canvas pair and both the upper and sole are holding up well.

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                  • Jan 2013

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                  What do you mean, you want to hem them but you don't want to hem them...?
                  I mean I want to shorten them but keep the original stitching on the hem, as opposed to just lopping it off and having tailor restitch. Without shortening the stacking looks a bit messy which doesn't seem to go with the intended silhouette of breadsticks?

Comment

• wildinthewoods
                    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                    Haven't ordered in a year or two, but service was excellent when I last did. And very fast shipping (to Australia at least, not sure if the vortex that seems to slow all mail out of Canada also affects parcels in-bound).
                    thanks!

canada is so awful for mail, inbound or out i always get dinged hard by customs when i buy online, but "4" has a really gorgeous ann dem piece i've been looking for forever at a good price, so i'm going to bite the bullet.

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

yeah that's what I was thinking too. I wasn't too impressed with the box calf Geo's I've handled but the durability/ease of cleaning makes them a logical option.

I didn't really notice a difference between the drkshdw and mainline rubber soles? I've done a fair bit of hiking (at least a few miles each week over the course of a year) in the coated canvas pair and both the upper and sole are holding up well.
                      as far as i can tell, current season mainline sneaks have a slightly softer rubber than those from f/w. i can tell very clearly because the spring ones i have mark my floor and the f/w ones don't. not a HUGE difference but i can tell the new soles will wear out faster, even if they are not as bad as the first geo soles that were almost like white eraser-tier rubber.

not sure if the drkshdw have also changed for spring or if they have kept their very hard composition.

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

cheers Shucks, that makes sense as AKA*NYC mentioned that they were changing the composition due to the pink bleed issue. maybe I'll look at earlier models then..

Comment

• superlatens
                          • Nov 2014

what is the difference between n(n) and the soloist?
                          did the label change names?

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Number nine hasn't existed for 5-6 years. Thesoloist is the current label of takahiro miyashita. There are topics for both labels on the forums in which you can learn more
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• eleves
                              • Sep 2012

There are some things like n(n) by number (n)ine and the number (n)ine label still releases random collections but don't let them fool you. It's not what it used to be, I think the label was bought at some point. Regardless it lacks the soul that was present when Takahiro Miyashita was at the helm
                              Originally posted by Faust
                              HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• nobody1
                                • Dec 2014

Any blog reccomendations? I have the SZ one and LeParadox bookmarked. Just looking for a variety.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎