X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TriggerDiscipline
    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
    why do people even wear these shoes if you can only wear them for an hour or two without aching?
    Don't ask me I don't wear mine very often for this very reason. Although that's akin to asking why women wear high heels if it hurts.
    Originally posted by unwashed
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Originally posted by Ahimsa
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

I've worn the same pair of black tornados for something close to 10 years now and never had an issue with them being painful to wear. Often times they are the only footwear I bring with me on weekend trips and it is no problem. Perhaps the issue is finding the right sized pair.

I use no insoles or anything either. They are as-is.
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Tornadoes in Kangaroo are very comfortable. I have one and it gets a lot of wear without me worrying about it hurting my feet
        Some of the horse ones, when sized well and broken in are comfortable too
        i don't know much about the 2010 derbies, somehow they seem to be better than the earlier ones as from looking at them it seemed the design was improved. However earlier derbies are terribly made in terms of fit and comfort.
        the heel cup was too low and every step felt like you were coming out of the shoe. the heels were not flat and let to them being uncomfortable in extended wear.....
        If you need a shoe for everyday wear you might want to look at Barny or some used Carpe Diem or even something like Premiata
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• stagename
          • Oct 2011

What is the difference between detroit and torrence cuts?

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
            • Jan 2013

torrence has longer rise. both taper and are skinny from knee down.

Comment

• stagename
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by t3hg0suazn View Post
              torrence has longer rise. both taper and are skinny from knee down.
              thanks! Are thighs "bigger" on the torrence?

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                • Jan 2013

Unfortunately I forget. I want to say they measure the same but feel bigger because of the longer rise. Usually it's knee and calves that kill it for me though.

I suggest looking at the model pictures on SEVEN. The model isn't stick skinny so you can kind of compare fits/skinnyness by eye.

Comment

• koreanjameslee
                  • Apr 2015

I was just wondering the online store svmoscow.
                  It might sound stupid and I know svmoscow is one of the affiliated boutique of stylezeitqeist but their original prices seems way to lower than what I know of based in US.
                  I just want to make sure this store is legit i guess.... thanks.

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                    • Jan 2013

store is legit, I think you will have to pay some customs fees if shipping to the US but the prices are usually still good with that considered. strong dollar?

Comment

• koreanjameslee
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by t3hg0suazn View Post
                      store is legit, I think you will have to pay some customs fees if shipping to the US but the prices are usually still good with that considered. strong dollar?
                      Thanks! I might be shopping for the first time from store where they don't process duties and taxes for me.
                      I still hasn't found out what the rate would be and how to pay them..

Comment

• newp
                        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by koreanjameslee View Post
                        Thanks! I might be shopping for the first time from store where they don't process duties and taxes for me.
                        I still hasn't found out what the rate would be and how to pay them..
                        Just email them. And yes, they are legit of course.

Comment

• eton97
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by dduyyy View Post
                          Thanks for all your help.
                          My work environment is not so strict so I think even the ccp would be acceptable. Just looking for something that can suit well with dress pants and shirt. I've tried to google fit pics of dress pants + the guidi/barny nakhle derbies but havent found one.
                          Also forgot to mention about the comfort, I dont want to get my foot in pain 8 hours a day. Have wear the tornado to work one day but damn, I cant even suffer for more than one hour. Dont know if the same will happen to the (ccp) derbies.
                          i alternate between ccp derbys and augusta derbys on a day to day basis in a suited/semi smart work environment. They work perfectly and bar the odd raised eyebrow by some of my fellow 'churchs' fans, i find they look perfect under a suit or smart trousers....BUT IMO it only works with a tapered hem....

...zero pain on wearing either pair for 12hrs+/day.....i wouldnt own them if there was....

Augusta renna Derby fit pic
                          Last edited by eton97; 06-19-2015, 04:52 AM.
                          you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• newp
                            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                            i alternate between ccp derbys and augusta derbys on a day to day basis in a suited/semi smart work environment. They work perfectly and bar the odd raised eyebrow by some of my fellow 'churchs' fans, i find they look perfect under a suit or smart trousers....BUT IMO it only works with a tapered hem....

...zero pain on wearing either pair for 12hrs+/day.....i wouldnt own them if there was....
                            Yes, both CCP and Augustas suit any brokerage just fine! High five for sharing an occupation.

Comment

• dduyyy
                              • Jul 2014

Thanks all especially zamb & eton for your opinions.
                              I've decided to purchase a pair of barny nakhle and another one of ccp. Want to give them both a try, especially when the barny nakhle one are on sale

Comment

• HWith
                                • May 2007

I'm looking for suits in more interesting fabrics than the usual wool blends. I had a Damir Doma suit in some rough silk fabric that was quite amazing, but the cut wasn't for me. I'm looking for something more in the lines of Jil Sander/Balenciaga/French and not Belgian/Japanese. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎