X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twiterski
    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
    they eylets are leaher, right? surely they will give in a little. I've had laces that were a tight fit but I just wiggled them through
    Originally posted by unwashed View Post
    I recently replaced my laces in my derbies and yes the metal lace end cannot fit through the eyelit. I removed the metal lace end with some tools (just bend it, it will not break if you are careful), then with the new laces do the same and use some adhesive tape and wrap it around the end to create a pointy end. Took me 45 minutes for one pair
    SCORE!! I just pried the rusty aglet off a lace w/ the smallest tool I could find (a rolex bracelet link screwdriver) slowly oh so slowly so as to not weaken the metal. yep, this will be an hour job for moi. Thanks so much UNWASHED for giving me the confidence and instructions to go through with this.

Comment

• unwashed
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Twiterski View Post
      SCORE!! I just pried the rusty aglet off a lace w/ the smallest tool I could find (a rolex bracelet link screwdriver) slowly oh so slowly so as to not weaken the metal. yep, this will be an hour job for moi. Thanks so much UNWASHED for giving me the confidence and instructions to go through with this.
      Your welcome.
      First thing I used were kitchen scissors :p
      Have patience and good luck!
      Grailed link

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
        • Oct 2009

Cheers, forgot about that one.
        Last edited by TheNotoriousT; 07-04-2015, 10:00 AM.
        "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

check the 'cleaning' thread...

Comment

• mikko
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT View Post
            Washing instructions needed!
            Rick Owens shirts: 100% bamboo / 100% cotton and silk/viscose.
            Cool hand wash / wool mode in the machine okay or strictly hand wash in the sink only or dry clean?
            Thanks ladies.
            I use a "30° SILK" program on our machine for all tees.

Comment

• Anton
              • Oct 2014

Still struggling to find good shirts for a muscular body type, any company suggestions?
              I like a military look, fitted cut black, dark green etc' I can barely find shirts, everything just looks weird. Any suggestions for good companies would be more that appreciated!
              I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
              My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

if brand is not an issue and u just want plain dress shirts, i'd recommend either getting them tailormade or start looking at italian brands like dolce & gabbana, costume national and neil barrett etc. iirc they tend to favor more muscled builds than ur average belgian or japanese brand. there might be some gaudy detailing snuck in somewhere though...

or... i've learnt that some types of garments work very well for me, and others never will - maybe you should start looking into other options rather than fitted dress shirts?

Comment

• newp
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                  if brand is not an issue and u just want plain dress shirts, i'd recommend either getting them tailormade or start looking at italian brands like dolce & gabbana, costume national and neil barrett etc. iirc they tend to favor more muscled builds than ur average belgian or japanese brand. there might be some gaudy detailing snuck in somewhere though...

or... i've learnt that some types of garments work very well for me, and others never will - maybe you should start looking into other options rather than fitted dress shirts?
                  Can relate to it so much: 4 D&G dress shirts are my gulity pleasure, the only shirts which suit me non-tailored. Sometimes my work environment requires formal dress code.

Comment

• Anton
                    • Oct 2014

Hi,
                    Thanks for the comments, i'm not looking for something "formal" but rather something for the average day. I have plenty of t shirts, but I need some shirts as well...
                    I'm not sure regarding what else i can look for. Please advise!
                    Most things look slightly weird as I have ~112cm chest, yet I wear size 31 denim...So things almost look like they are "hanging" on me.
                    Last edited by Anton; 07-05-2015, 06:01 AM.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

If you can find something that fits your upper torso well, tapering the body of a button up shirt is (in most cases) super easy for any decent tailor.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

also

Comment

• Anton
                          • Oct 2014

also
                          Ha ha ha...Definitely not that guy. I had problems with Denim as well, but i found a few companies that fit very well!
                          Last edited by Ahimsa; 07-07-2015, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• bukka
                            • Sep 2011

Thanks Dudley, Best of SZ
                            Last edited by bukka; 07-06-2015, 01:53 PM. Reason: Dudley Rocks.
                            Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• wildinthewoods
                              • Feb 2014

Does anyone here own an Incarnation leather jacket? If so what's your opinion?
                              I know they have a secondary line called linea_e just for women, but there appear to be very small Incarnation jackets that fit women as well. I tend not to like leathers cut for women, too much detailing. I'd prefer to find a really small men's one. They look so beautiful, I really want one.

Comment

• Shucks
                                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by bukka View Post
                                Thanks Dudley, Best of SZ
                                don't forget who hooked u guys up. :P but yeah, he's a helpful guy for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎