Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gregor
    • Oct 2014

minhcu2805 most any jewellery store will be willing to resize rings, as a lot of the better ones have in house, or at least access to a smith.

it is a lot harder when it's a stylized ring, though, so if it's an eagle or cross w:m ring, for example, you'd be much harder pressed. if it's a band, it'll be no issue at all.

Comment

• jskidder1
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by timm3h View Post
      Is it possible to taper pants through the inseam versus through the outseam? Aka. unstitching the inner thigh and tapering that. I have a pair of Soloist pants I'd like slimmed, but there are some unique construction details on the outseam that I'm not sure I'd want a non-specialty tailor to touch. Cheers!

Edit: Clearly I know nothing about tailoring. I found one set of instructions on tapering that showed the outseam being pinned and trimmed, but now I'm seeing another showing the inseam being trimmed. With that being said I suppose I'm just looking for confirmation.
      as long as you aren't tapering them too severely there won't be an issue. if you take them in a lot it is usually best to open both seams to maintain symmetry.

Comment

• galia
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by gregor View Post
        minhcu2805 most any jewellery store will be willing to resize rings, as a lot of the better ones have in house, or at least access to a smith.

it is a lot harder when it's a stylized ring, though, so if it's an eagle or cross w:m ring, for example, you'd be much harder pressed. if it's a band, it'll be no issue at all.
        You can always have a small bead of silver added inside the ring, it would make it smaller without altering the outer aspect at all. Shouldn't be too expensive to have done.

Comment

• minhcu2805
          • Mar 2013

lowrey,gregor,galia thanks guys, decided to emailed WM directly and they quickly replied with all the details, will send in my rings and gotta wait for all those custom orders :D

Comment

• gregor
            • Oct 2014

galia completely neglected that idea, you're right.

never owned many intricate rings (mostly wear bands), so i never really had the chance to resize that.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
              • Jul 2013

Who makes some pants that fit like RO Detroits but about a inch higher in the rise? Love my Detroits but they're just a tad tight in the crotch. Also, please no denim, the Detroits have a cool flannel texture or something and I'd like to stick with non-denim for my 'everyday' black pants.

Unless there's some way to add room in the crotch?

Comment

• ian+
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                Who makes some pants that fit like RO Detroits but about a inch higher in the rise? Love my Detroits but they're just a tad tight in the crotch. Also, please no denim, the Detroits have a cool flannel texture or something and I'd like to stick with non-denim for my 'everyday' black pants.

Unless there's some way to add room in the crotch?
                have you tried the torrence cut? If I am not wrong it's like detroits but with a roomier crotch
                ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
                  have you tried the torrence cut? If I am not wrong it's like detroits but with a roomier crotch
                  Oh that sounds perfect! I assume RO has done a Torrance in a bunch of different fabrics just like he's done with Detroits? Thanks!

Comment

• ian+
                    • Dec 2011

Oh that sounds perfect! I assume RO has done a Torrance in a bunch of different fabrics just like he's done with Detroits? Thanks!
                    I am not sure, better someone else answers this, I haven't bought any bottoms except for the memphis, sorry
                    ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                      • Jul 2013

Generally speaking, is IE by Erik Ohrstrom particularly tough to find on the second-hand markets?

Comment

• newp
                        • Feb 2013

Generally speaking, is IE by Erik Ohrstrom particularly tough to find on the second-hand markets?
                        I've seen several pants back in 2013. His quality is really good and he isn't widely known designer compared to most so usually his work stays with its owners.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by newp View Post
                          I've seen several pants back in 2013. His quality is really good and he isn't widely known designer compared to most so usually his work stays with its owners.
                          That's too bad. His stuff looks pretty good and probably what I want, especially if I can't find Torrance pants.

Comment

• Trixer
                            • Mar 2014

Has anyone any experience with jeans from Versuchskind? Just discovered the brand myself and I'm eyeing this pair and they look and read quite impressive to me.

Comment

• yay
                              • Sep 2014

Ive been looking at the exact same model, but dont know anyone who has any experience with them. If you buy them, let me know

Comment

• Trixer
                                • Mar 2014

Originally posted by yay View Post
                                Ive been looking at the exact same model, but dont know anyone who has any experience with them. If you buy them, let me know
                                Will probably go to handle them tomorrow if I find the time and hopefully bring them home!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎