Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bukka
    • Sep 2011

Because I didn't know them! I'll check them once Im back home in a hour or two
    If I can't use them for whatever reason, I'll pm you Arkady.
    Thanks you very much guys
    Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Arkady
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by bukka View Post
      Because I didn't know them! I'll check them once Im back home in a hour or two
      If I can't use them for whatever reason, I'll pm you Arkady.
      Thanks you very much guys
      Yeah let me know, if it's something that's not supermassive and I can take on the train in the morning I can definitely help you out -- I'm in New York if it matters.

Comment

• yay
        • Sep 2014

Just got some julius knitdenim, it attracts dust and hairs like sone sort of dirt magnet, any tips for that? Good brushes/rollers anyone can recommend?

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
          • Jan 2013

A steamer is very convenient for this if you care to buy one. Otherwise, kent brushes can be found on the cheap on ebay.

Comment

• blackswan
            • Feb 2011

I recently bought a forme d'expression wool jumper and notice at the care instructions 'dry clean only' .Anyone know if it will be risky handwashing it?

Comment

• Tiranis
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by blackswan View Post
              I recently bought a forme d'expression wool jumper and notice at the care instructions 'dry clean only' .Anyone know if it will be risky handwashing it?
              It depends on a multitude of factors (knit or woven, exact composition, etc.), but as a general rule: wool is extremely likely to shrink. If you want to preserve your clothes as long as possible then following care tags is a good bet, at least with materials other than basic cotton.

Comment

• galia
                • Jun 2009

I disagree, if it is a knit with no synthetic fibers, you can briefly soak it in cold mildly soapy water, rinse gently, press inside a towel and dry flat, and nothing bad will happen. I refuse to drycleaned everyday tops, whatever the label says

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

Yea I'd say with many 100% wool knits, you can hand wash them in cold water with wool detergant. That is just my experience though, there are probably exceptions.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Tiranis
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by galia View Post
                    I disagree, if it is a knit with no synthetic fibers, you can briefly soak it in cold mildly soapy water, rinse gently, press inside a towel and dry flat, and nothing bad will happen. I refuse to drycleaned everyday tops, whatever the label says
                    Might depend on the extent of cleaning needing to be done? I've had bad experiences with good quality sweaters that needed more than just a soak. (This was using wool detergent in cold water.)

Comment

• curiouscharles
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                      I agree with Galia. If it's wool (or even mohair or cashmere) just wash it in cold or lukewarm water with a gentle wool detergent, making sure to rinse all the soap out (and not using too much to begin with). I've been washing my favourite wool/cashmere pieces for years, ignoring the label, and none have shrunk--it's heat that shrinks them, not washing.
                      Yup, there's nothing wrong with washing wool.

Just make sure not to transfer it from cold water to hot water, use cold throughout.

Variance in temperature is what makes the wool shrink, not the simple act of being wetted & subsequently drying.
                      —
                      -

Comment

• galia
                        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Tiranis View Post
                        Might depend on the extent of cleaning needing to be done? I've had bad experiences with good quality sweaters that needed more than just a soak. (This was using wool detergent in cold water.)
                        If there is a specific stain, you should adress that first, with the appropriate product depending on the nature of the stain, while the sweater is still dry. Once the stain is taken care of, wash as indicated. However, if you are speaking of BO or cig smell, a soak in cold water will take care of that because wool doesn't retain smell like cotton or synthetic fibres, due to its natural anti-bacterial properties and the fact that the nature of its fibres is less prone to hold and spread fatty-based smells like BO (mostrly true of merino, but any sweater made of 100% wool of any description will have such properties).

Comment

• blackswan
                          • Feb 2011

Thank you all for the quick responses. I always handwash my wool knits with no problems, but it was the first time seeing that restrictions. It's 100% wool, no stains,it's new, just wanted to be sure if i'll keep it or not,cause i oftenly wash my clothes.

Comment

• minhcu2805
                            • Mar 2013

Just bought some new WM rings recently and encountered this frustrating problem

My finger is too small for size M but too big for size S, S can not go through but M will fall off and does not stay in place, is there anyway to shrink it just a little bit? specifically the 5 set rings and crossed ring

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

yea, its possible to make them smaller. you can find a silversmith locally, or contact W:M
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• timm3h
                                • Mar 2011

Is it possible to taper pants through the inseam versus through the outseam? Aka. unstitching the inner thigh and tapering that. I have a pair of Soloist pants I'd like slimmed, but there are some unique construction details on the outseam that I'm not sure I'd want a non-specialty tailor to touch. Cheers!

Edit: Clearly I know nothing about tailoring. I found one set of instructions on tapering that showed the outseam being pinned and trimmed, but now I'm seeing another showing the inseam being trimmed. With that being said I suppose I'm just looking for confirmation.

Edit 2: So I just went to the local tailor, who took one look and said he couldn't make the alteration and would be surprised if any local tailor could. For those with experience in the area (Albert??) I'd appreciate some insight into these seams, and who would be able to make the necessary adjustments.

Outseam: Looks like two simple lines of stitching, but the fabric is folded over itself to expose the raw edge. There's a 3 inch slit at the hem, which is secured by a bartack stitch. Doesn't look too complicated to alter, but there is a chain stitch thread attached to the bartack stitch from the back that anchors the "floating" lining layer (marked in red), and I don't think that should be touched. Additionally, the hem is its own can of worms, it consists of three layers folded over itself and stitched down.

Inseam: Tailor took one look at this and said he couldn't do this. I'd appreciate insight on this seam specifically, because I think it's the most promising avenue for tailoring. It strikes me as similar to the seams used in jeans, but I don't know the name.

Last edited by timm3h; 07-21-2015, 01:18 PM. Reason: unlinked images due to size
                                Clothing deconstruction & review

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎