• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by wildinthewoods View Post
    Does anyone here own an Incarnation leather jacket? If so what's your opinion?
    I know they have a secondary line called linea_e just for women, but there appear to be very small Incarnation jackets that fit women as well. I tend not to like leathers cut for women, too much detailing. I'd prefer to find a really small men's one. They look so beautiful, I really want one.
    Don't own one but seen many - not much to speak of in terms of design, since they are either classic or knockoff of Poell, but they are very well made, from GUIDI leather. Not sure if a man's jacket on a woman is a good idea - anatomy is anatomy and they are cut differently. I suggest you try one one before buying blindly.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• fncyths
      • Apr 2010

I have a wallet from them that's built like a tank. Probably the best wallet I've owned in years. I second trying the jacket on if you can. They leave little room for error in fit and it's either going to be spot on or a total nightmare
      Originally posted by Shucks
      it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
      Originally posted by interest1
      I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• bukka
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
        don't forget who hooked u guys up. :P but yeah, he's a helpful guy for sure.
        Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• thejjbb
          • Apr 2008

Does anyone have experience with A1923 customer service? I have a pair of boots I've worn a moderate number of times, and it looks like the stitching has pulled/ripped out of the outer part of the uppers on one side, which I imagine is due to an issue from when it was originally stitched. Also, the hemp laces, while really nice, were completely destroyed after two dozen or so wears.

Anybody have a good experience reaching out to their info@ email address, or should I just take them to a trusted cobbler and eat the cost?

Photo of issue:

Comment

• nicelynice
            • Oct 2009

Best bet would be to contact the store you purchased them from. They should be able to contact the brand as well if a local solution can't be organized

Comment

• kuriz
              • Nov 2010

Was browsing through old bookmarks and found this site grailed.com that at first sight seemed like a massive classified without too many grails. Has anyone used it and had a good experience it being private sellers often with no feedback score and all?

Comment

• ian+
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by kuriz View Post
                Was browsing through old bookmarks and found this site grailed.com that at first sight seemed like a massive classified without too many grails. Has anyone used it and had a good experience it being private sellers often with no feedback score and all?
                search the forum, you will find plenty of feedback on grailed
                ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kuriz View Post
                  Translation - "I have finally crawled from under my rock for the first time in two years. Things have changed."

Not trying to be mean, but this was funny :-)
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zen dog
                    • Jan 2014

Wildinthewoods: I own an Incarnation jacket, purchased mostly for its amazing leather treatment. It is a beautiful, well made thing and I don't think you will be disappointed between a photo and the actual object.

I am a 50-52 and purchased an XXL. I don't think you can work backwards from that so a dialog with the store is needed. I'm a guy so, yeh, take that into account but I think it could work on a woman. My leather is thick enough that I won't say the jacket wears me or I completely wear it, but we are meeting somewhere in the middle.

I checked The Archive's site and I think they had one med. available and on sale and no upcoming season's pics up yet. They are great to work with (you'll find others here who say the same) and if the med. doesn't work it would be worth paying retail so you can exchange when the new pieces come in.

Comment

• kuriz
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
                      search the forum, you will find plenty of feedback on grailed
                      Yeah yeah a lot of people posting Good Finds from it so maybe it's not all that bad.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Translation - "I have finally crawled from under my rock for the first time in two years. Things have changed."
                      Boris turning blue and all....what has this world come to. Feels good to be back. Gotta check up on the latest and most likely jump the Rickwagon - I've always loved manleggings especially now that everyone in my beloved crossfit world are using them.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                        Hahaha, was just telling a certain store owner about grailed the other day, they'd never heard of it. Were aghast.

Related, and thread appropriate: I'm finally caving and selling all the shit that's been clogging my closet. Is it worth going to classifieds/grailed or do I just go to the local consignment stores? Leaning towards the latter, so much less work--and seems like these days most people end up taking deals from hard-bargaining buyers that mean it's not that much higher-paying to put it online. Anyone want to (metaphorically) sell the classifieds-approach to me? I'd prefer stuff goes to people who'll actually want it, but that seems no more or less likely either way...
                        Let me guess - Eastern Market, cause they are so in tune with the times...

Your dilemma is fairly straightforward - if you want more money and willing to do more work - classifieds/grailed. If you want much less money but REALLY don't want to do the work - consignment.

I do both - the stuff that I know won't fetch a lot, drop off at consignment. The stuff that I know will sell, classifieds. Ebay for stay items that are not of SZ world.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bukka
                          • Sep 2011

I'm finally caving and selling all the shit that's been clogging my closet.
                          Wait, wat
                          Classifieds, obviously
                          Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• ian+
                            • Dec 2011

Related, and thread appropriate: I'm finally caving and selling all the shit that's been clogging my closet. Is it worth going to classifieds/grailed or do I just go to the local consignment stores? Leaning towards the latter, so much less work--and seems like these days most people end up taking deals from hard-bargaining buyers that mean it's not that much higher-paying to put it online. Anyone want to (metaphorically) sell the classifieds-approach to me? I'd prefer stuff goes to people who'll actually want it, but that seems no more or less likely either way...
                            Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Your dilemma is fairly straightforward - if you want more money and willing to do more work - classifieds/grailed. If you want much less money but REALLY don't want to do the work - consignment.

I do both - the stuff that I know won't fetch a lot, drop off at consignment. The stuff that I know will sell, classifieds. Ebay for stay items that are not of SZ world.
                            This + keep in mind that the second hand market is oversaturated. You should give any sz related garments a chance at the classifieds, post other designer stuff that you know will sell at ebay / grailed. You must prepared to wait though.
                            ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• DudleyGray
                              • Jul 2013

I think Grailed has really good and easy site, if only they would clean up their messaging system and allow "deactivating" of listings rather than delete. But the lowballers/haggling, it's too much for me. You can try to fight it by inflating the price or eliminating the make an offer option, but then there's issue of losing buyers' interest altogether since the market is flooded, as mentioned above.

After attempting to eliminate the excess in my life, I don't think the ordeal is worth it unless you need (not want) the money/space, but then I get really attached to my clothes and probably take the negotiating too personally. It's easier just to accept that while some people have photo albums, I'll just have plastic bins full of clothes from different stages of my life.
                              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Shucks
                                • Aug 2010

consignment stores afaik usually take around 60 from a selling price of 100 leaving me with 40. so i'd rather do the work and list it (sz/ebay/grailed...) at, say, 70 and therefore both selling it faster and taking all the money myself. even with a listing 30 lower than the consignment store, i still get almost twice the amount i would have gotten going through them, totally making it worth it for me to spend some time listing, answering/ignoring questions and shipping goods.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎