Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blacknight
    • May 2013

Does anyone have an idea what iteration of, what I'm assuming are, 998's these are?

The leather doesn't seem to be reverse, as it has a slight sheen, but it also doesn't seem like the usual texture or finish Guidi puts out.

Comment

• gnow
      • Jun 2010

Deciding between a pair of Saint Laurent black denim vs pure blue Japan no fade black raw (NC-11 I think?).

Can anyone chime in on which is best in terms of quality and comfort. Do not care for branding; just want a pair of blackbeaters. Also, will most probably be tailored down to fit me as a slim pair if needed.

Comment

• HugAndWug
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Blacknight View Post
        Does anyone have an idea what iteration of, what I'm assuming are, 998's these are?

The leather doesn't seem to be reverse, as it has a slight sheen, but it also doesn't seem like the usual texture or finish Guidi puts out.
        Both reverse leathers I've owned have had some sheen to them. (Cordovan Cont and Reversed Horse? iirc)

Just looks like a reverse leather + bad lighting. Ask for better pictures possibly?

Comment

• Blacknight
          • May 2013

Originally posted by HugAndWug View Post
          Both reverse leathers I've owned have had some sheen to them. (Cordovan Cont and Reversed Horse? iirc)

Just looks like a reverse leather + bad lighting. Ask for better pictures possibly?
          Yeah I'm gonna request some different shots from the guy. These are going for a great price, but I'm just not sure how I feel about reverse, so we'll see.

Comment

• HugAndWug
            • Aug 2014

Yeah I'm gonna request some different shots from the guy. These are going for a great price, but I'm just not sure how I feel about reverse, so we'll see.
            I can't say about their reverse horse leather but I still own my cordovan cont boots 995s and after about a year of owning them (also I purchased them used) they're probably the best looking boot in terms of age I've seen. I think on back/sidezips reverse leathers can get a little strange looking compared to the rest of the outfit though.

Comment

• Blacknight
              • May 2013

Originally posted by HugAndWug View Post
              I can't say about their reverse horse leather but I still own my cordovan cont boots 995s and after about a year of owning them (also I purchased them used) they're probably the best looking boot in terms of age I've seen. I think on back/sidezips reverse leathers can get a little strange looking compared to the rest of the outfit though.
              Anddd I just realized the difference between cordovan and plain reverse, haha.

99% sure the pair I pictured are cordovan then, which apparently is pretty rare for 988's. Might just have to pull the trigger on these, though I just bought another pair in normal hard horse last week...

Comment

• HugAndWug
                • Aug 2014

Anddd I just realized the difference between cordovan and plain reverse, haha.

99% sure the pair I pictured are cordovan then, which apparently is pretty rare for 988's. Might just have to pull the trigger on these, though I just bought another pair in normal hard horse last week...
                Proper shoe rotation leads to increased life in shoes at least...

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                  • Jul 2013

Got a Cloak shirt (buttondown) that says "dry clean only." Should I expect shrinkage if I disregard and throw it in the delicate wash + hang dry?

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                    Yeah across, that's a 46 usually, but when I look online it seems a lot of the 46s have 42 cm waists or something.
                    oh so you want to take them IN, not let out (which is what you wrote)..?

theres no problem with taking the waist in, as in make them smaller. the cut is very classic, the legs, waist, etc can all be adjusted by any tailor.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                      oh so you want to take them IN, not let out (which is what you wrote)..?

theres no problem with taking the waist in, as in make them smaller. the cut is very classic, the legs, waist, etc can all be adjusted by any tailor.
                      Hm, sorry for being really confusing. When I look online, I tend to see them as too big or too small, none of them are really natively around 40cm. I'm willing to take them in, but sometimes I see good deals but they're a tad too small on me, so I was wondering if I'm able to take them out at all. Thanks.

Comment

• evpreuss
                        • Mar 2015

ccp alteration

is it to much trouble to get a pair off ccp dead ends a bit altered? I would like to shorten the inseam a bit and also give them a slight taper. Does anyone know of a tailor in NYC that could replicate both the overlock stitching and the leg opening stitch design.

Comment

• hausofblaq
                          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by gnow View Post
                          Deciding between a pair of Saint Laurent black denim vs pure blue Japan no fade black raw (NC-11 I think?).
                          If you want quality, go with PBJ.

If you want comfort, go with SLP.

PBJ only makes raw denim, so you'll have to break them in when you first get them, so there will be a period where they may feel less comfortable.

Comment

• round
                            • Aug 2015

Anyone know where I can buy carpe diem white bowling shoes?

Comment

• smudge
                              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                              Got a Cloak shirt (buttondown) that says "dry clean only." Should I expect shrinkage if I disregard and throw it in the delicate wash + hang dry?
                              I've never had a problem throwing "dry clean only" items in the hand wash cycle of my washing machine so long as they're not made of tissue paper like rick mainline and boris tees.. Just make sure you lay it flat to dry instead of hanging or throwing it in the dryer. Hand washing it is always an option if you're concerned the machine will be too aggressive in its spin cycle, though it just makes drying a pain in the ass. I usually lay the garment down on a towel and roll it up to gently squeeze any excess water when I actually hand wash then lay it flat to dry.

Comment

• 13we2
                                • Sep 2015

Looking for CCP red drip sneakers

Hi guys. New here but been lurking a lot.

I'm looking for CCP red drip sneakers recently. I need size 8 or 9. Can anyone recommend any stores? Where do you usually purchase CCPs esp those shoes? What's the price recently for a pair of drip sneakers (AM 2524 color 13)?

Thank you for your information! Much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎