Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jtothewhat
    • Oct 2014

Just got a pretty big hole in my RO double layer t.. I just got it last season so I'm surprised it happened this quickly. Any tips on mending or dealing with it?

Comment

• Ahimsa
      Vegan Police
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Jtothewhat View Post
      Just got a pretty big hole in my RO double layer t.. I just got it last season so I'm surprised it happened this quickly. Any tips on mending or dealing with it?
      If it's a knit/jersey it can be repaired with thin yarn as it can be re-knitted in that section to close it up. I've had a knitter/handworker I work with do it for my BBS basics a few times now.
      StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Jtothewhat
        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
        If it's a knit/jersey it can be repaired with thin yarn as it can be re-knitted in that section to close it up. I've had a knitter/handworker I work with do it for my BBS basics a few times now.
        Thanks! I will have to try and track down someone quality to do it. My wife is a fashion designer/pattern maker and she seems to think that there is nothing I could do that would bring it to the point of wearable again (the hole is substantial), but she is a bit of a glass half empty kind of person when it comes to this sort of thing.

Comment

• fromcolortoblack
          • Feb 2015

Thanks! I will have to try and track down someone quality to do it. My wife is a fashion designer/pattern maker and she seems to think that there is nothing I could do that would bring it to the point of wearable again (the hole is substantial), but she is a bit of a glass half empty kind of person when it comes to this sort of thing.
          Damn. Sorry about the hole. How did you get it?

To add a little bit to what Ahimsa had already said, my local tailor offers darning (not sure if that's the correct term for re-knitting) services for stuff like this as well. A tailor should be able to help!

Comment

• Atom11
            • May 2013

Is 40 too old to wear a black hoodie?

Comment

• bukka
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Atom11 View Post
              Is 40 too old to wear a black hoodie?
              Quality question
              Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Dropt
                • May 2009

Too bad! 39 years and 11 months is the age limit.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                  Vegan Police
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by fromcolortoblack View Post
                  Damn. Sorry about the hole. How did you get it?

To add a little bit to what Ahimsa had already said, my local tailor offers darning (not sure if that's the correct term for re-knitting) services for stuff like this as well. A tailor should be able to help!
                  Darning is for re-weaving, like with jeans, and usually requires a patch underneath to hold. His shirt is most likely a knit.
                  StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• MoonlightDragon
                    • Jan 2016

Yohji Y's dress - I'm looking to get this as an overshirt type thing, a long garment that i can wear over the top of clothes but leave unbuttoned or buttoned as I desire. It's actually a dress but I was hoping that it would be a button up dress that I could wear.

The more I look at it, however (apologies for the awful quality, it's all the seller put up) the more I am worried that it has buttons only down the chest, and is in fact a one-piece dress. It is also put down in the ''one-piece'' section in women's clothing.

Does anyone know whether it buttons all the way down based on the picture? Perhaps someone could identify it so I could look at the collection pictures?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Advantage (if you can call it that) of the double layered RO tees is that it is perpetually twisty/wrinkly.

Depending on the hole location, you can just close it into a line with needle and thread and it will pretty much become invisible. Just use a hidden stitch and do it by hand. I have closed 2.5" holes in mine this way and I even forget the holes were there.
                      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• HugAndWug
                        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by MoonlightDragon View Post

Yohji Y's dress - I'm looking to get this as an overshirt type thing, a long garment that i can wear over the top of clothes but leave unbuttoned or buttoned as I desire. It's actually a dress but I was hoping that it would be a button up dress that I could wear.

The more I look at it, however (apologies for the awful quality, it's all the seller put up) the more I am worried that it has buttons only down the chest, and is in fact a one-piece dress. It is also put down in the ''one-piece'' section in women's clothing.

Does anyone know whether it buttons all the way down based on the picture? Perhaps someone could identify it so I could look at the collection pictures?
                        Why not message the seller?

Comment

• Arkady
                          • Apr 2011

Looking for some alternative shots / information on a BBS jacket model J3-F1910 -- it's from SS13. Having trouble digging anything up myself -- many thanks in advance.

Comment

• skavant
                            • Sep 2014

So I managed to scratch half of my Ramones' cap-toe by shifting gear. I know that it's just a small thing but I still wanna know if there is any way that I can restore it. It's my OCD that killing me. TIA
                            Last edited by skavant; 04-01-2016, 01:09 AM.

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

^ no, it'll make it worse. trust me on that one..

Comment

• Nickefuge
                                • Nov 2014

You could try to sand it all down with fine sandpaper and repaint the whole toe, although youd’d have to be very careful to exactly match the color and of course not ruin the rest of the shoe.

Maybe your best bet would be to wear them until they look so used that the toe blends in.
                                "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                                -Paris Hilton

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎