Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 13we2
    • Sep 2015

Huh... I did read very carefully through all these posts and I am very grateful. I don't see why y'all all seem to have got a problem with the way I ask questions. I used to buy CCP shoes from those dealers I mentioned above until I realized that's unnecessary. But I've never purchased anything from darklands, the Office and the like yet. So I was wondering if there are other better stores that are already well known and good choices for buying CCP among you guys. Because this is quite possible, you know the "ropes" for buying CCPs that are so obvious and that I don't know. I also need a rough price range in mind for reference, I don't see why asking such a number range isn't appropriate. Like I said, I'm just so rookie and ignorant.

Again, I do appreciate y'all's help, thanks!

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
      • May 2014

i don't know about other members here but i just look at the second hand market very often as well as the stores i mentioned. A lot of the stock at a store like pnp gets sold out very quickly especially shit that has been hyped beyond measure like drips. So yeah you need to be quick and have the money ready right then or you get punished. I wouldn't pay 2700 usd. You can get them new for like 1800 euros(even lower if you don't pay VAT). They go for much lower than that on the second hand market. But like others have mentioned, an item is worth how much you are willing to pay for it ,that's it.

Comment

• timm3h
        • Mar 2011

Any suggestions for tailors (maybe in NYC, ideally taking mail-ins) that have experience adjusting clothing with unique seams? I have two pairs of pants my local tailor won't touch for fear of ruining. He mentioned one of them was a "double stitch" or something generic-sounding like that.
        Clothing deconstruction & review

Comment

• 13we2
          • Sep 2015

Originally posted by PurpleJesuss View Post
          i don't know about other members here ... how much you are willing to pay for it ,that's it.
          Thanks! Yeah this is what happens with hyped stuff. I guess I'll keep digging around, compare their customer feedbacks etc to see who's more reliable in terms of price and delivery time since I assume they won't say "we're not as reliable as XXX, go buy from them" if I just ask them "are you the best CCP retailer".

Second-handed like eBay and Grailed and? I only know these two... It seems to me the red ones (derbies, drips, tornados, all footwear) are the second popular color only next to black here among Chinese buyers (my own estimate though)... Cultural difference?

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

good lord.............

Playa, I dont think you are ready for this kind of thing yet......
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• xeraphim
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
              I don't see why y'all all seem to have got a problem with the way I ask questions...

I don't see why asking such a number range isn't appropriate.
              a list of ccp retailers were already mentioned in response to your questions - most of them operate an online store in one form or another - and you continue to ask what reasonable retail prices are instead of doing some legwork yourself... go figure.

Comment

• round
                • Aug 2015

I have found my spending habits to have become somewhat manic. I see something that I like in that moment and have to buy it, and hours-days later I realize that I didn't like the piece to begin with.. Anyone experience anything like this? If so, how can I combat this manic spending.

Comment

• nictan
                  • Jul 2009

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
                  By "seem to be too high" I meant there are retailers selling the AM2524 at around $2600-$2700 here in China, and lots of buyers are actually buying at that price, which is silly and insane.

other than INK, which is in HK not exactly mainland China, there are no official retailers for CCP in mainland China. as far as i know prices of 2600-2700 or even upwards of 3000usd are charged only by resellers. not retailers. its naive to be comparing prices between official retailers and resellers.

Comment

• Shucks
                    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by round View Post
                    I have found my spending habits to have become somewhat manic. I see something that I like in that moment and have to buy it, and hours-days later I realize that I didn't like the piece to begin with.. Anyone experience anything like this? If so, how can I combat this manic spending.
                    sounds like shopping addiction. and needs similar type of approach as when dealing with other addictions. u may need to talk to a professional. it's not about shopping, it's most likely about deeper issues you need to resolve.

that said, personally when i spend time helping others or doing something worthwile, i am less likely to mindlessly consume because of boredom or feeling low. maybe try that.

Comment

• round
                      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                      sounds like shopping addiction. and needs similar type of approach as when dealing with other addictions. u may need to talk to a professional. it's not about shopping, it's most likely about deeper issues you need to resolve.

that said, personally when i spend time helping others or doing something worthwile, i am less likely to mindlessly consume because of boredom or feeling low. maybe try that.
                      Thanks for the advice, I know all about addiction unfortunately. I suppose the "shopping addiction" stems from a feeling of being privileged to certain things based on the overall turnaround I have made in my life, Im trying to stop justifying why its ok to spend ridiculous sums of money just because I am no longer a lying, stealing scumbag. I suppose its a case of trading one addiction for another, sadly buying clothes for me is a lot more easily justified than other things.

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by round View Post
                        Thanks for the advice, I know all about addiction unfortunately. I suppose the "shopping addiction" stems from a feeling of being privileged to certain things based on the overall turnaround I have made in my life, Im trying to stop justifying why its ok to spend ridiculous sums of money just because I am no longer a lying, stealing scumbag. I suppose its a case of trading one addiction for another, sadly buying clothes for me is a lot more easily justified than other things.
                        i'd say u should be happy and proud u are making progress. clothing IS more justifiable, for many reasons. and i think u should see a professional and get some professional help dealing with the underlying causes for ur behavior. most of us here probably to some extent struggle with containing our consumerism but when it gets to a point where u are impeding ur ability to live a full life, then u should get help.

Comment

• mainstayer0
                          • Sep 2015

I'd have to agree with Shucks, it sounds like you having trouble reconciling your past with your current identity and are using shopping as a way to validate yourself. Therapy can probably help, but as a fellow ex-scumbag to another, these are feelings that ultimately only you can process and come to peace within yourself. You're not alone though, using consumption as a way to escape lingering feelings of past inadequacy is a fairly common syndrome, just look at hip-hop.

Comment

• okayvin
                            • Sep 2013

my yoox item was snatched before I could checkout. What are the chances it will be returned?

Comment

• the breaks
                              • Sep 2007

To quote a Finnish sports legend, your chances are "fifty-sixty".
                              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• 13we2
                                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by nictan View Post
                                other than INK, which is in HK not exactly mainland China, there are no official retailers for CCP in mainland China. as far as i know prices of 2600-2700 or even upwards of 3000usd are charged only by resellers. not retailers. its naive to be comparing prices between official retailers and resellers.
                                Exactly right! Yeah for those working boots and stuff the price goes completely insane like $4000-5000. You won't believe it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎