X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 13we2
    • Sep 2015

Originally posted by xeraphim View Post
    a list of ccp retailers were already mentioned in response to your questions - most of them operate an online store in one form or another - and you continue to ask what reasonable retail prices are instead of doing some legwork yourself... go figure.
    Sorry I was confused. So it seems you guys don't have a recognized best CCP retailer(s). If everybody just does "legwork" and then decides which one to buy from then it is indeed pretty plain and simple. I thought it might be more complicated, like experts tricks, buyer satisfaction reviews, delivery return policies, etc, in short, "tips" from experts for rookies, as sellers won't tell you they are not your best choice. Yes price is indeed an important factor for me cause I feared they might charge higher prices after finding I'm rookie. But I guess I worried too much.

Comment

• newp
      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
      Sorry I was confused. So it seems you guys don't have a recognized best CCP retailer(s). If everybody just does "legwork" and then decides which one to buy from then it is indeed pretty plain and simple. I thought it might be more complicated, like experts tricks, buyer satisfaction reviews, delivery return policies, etc, in short, "tips" from experts for rookies, as sellers won't tell you they are not your best choice. Yes price is indeed an important factor for me cause I feared they might charge higher prices after finding I'm rookie. But I guess I worried too much.
      1. There IS a list of CCP retailers. Basically, it's not like a lot of stores carry it. And most of the have been posted here already
      2. Prices may vary from season to season.
      3. CCP prices aren't usually posted online so you need to inquire about the price from the retailer. Unless some of us have bought these red drips recently we don't know the price as well.
      4. There is no way a retailer would do something like you suggest, charging you higher price than any other default customer.

Copy a simple question about your drips and paste it to the contact form/email it to said retailers, call them if you want.

Comment

• Arkady
        • Apr 2011

13we2 just browse the CCP thread before everyone rips you a third asshole, all the information you need should be there: http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/sho...=2604&page=517

Comment

• 13we2
          • Sep 2015

OK, thank you all and I apologize for all troubles I made. Sorry! Let's call the red drip topic to an end now.

Comment

• Fenix
            • Aug 2010

Picked up a black cardigan for my girlfriend recently and the dye is transferring heavy to her hands and skin. Any recommendations here? It is wool so I am also concerned about shrinkage.
            Originally posted by hausofblaq
            Grow up.

Comment

• Arkady
              • Apr 2011

Hand wash in cold water and lay flat to dry.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                • May 2010

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
                there is no delivery return w/ any ccp retailor...

Comment

• blackfedora
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Fenix View Post
                  Picked up a black cardigan for my girlfriend recently and the dye is transferring heavy to her hands and skin. Any recommendations here? It is wool so I am also concerned about shrinkage.
                  If the suggested washing does not yield a positive result, I would try treating the cardigan with a warm solution of Raycafix. Raycafix being a commonly available dye setting agent that I have used after dyeing/over-dyeing garments. I have used it on all natural fibers without any ill results.

Comment

• Arkady
                    • Apr 2011

^ was just coming back to suggest this, I've done the same before with success.

Comment

• Fenix
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
                      If the suggested washing does not yield a positive result, I would try treating the cardigan with a warm solution of Raycafix. Raycafix being a commonly available dye setting agent that I have used after dyeing/over-dyeing garments. I have used it on all natural fibers without any ill results.
                      Thanks...I was hoping for something more along these lines. I'm quite sure it would require multiple washes and am not sure it is the best idea based on the construction.
                      Originally posted by hausofblaq
                      Grow up.

Comment

• smudge
                        • Jul 2012

Anyone have experience successfully stretching a leather jacket? I have one that is about a size too small and am wondering if there are any tips or tricks to it beside just sucking it up and wearing it a few hours a day

Comment

• Shadowvault
                          • Oct 2014

Can anyone ID this long hooded cardigan or/and suggest anything similar?

Comment

• jap808
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by smudge View Post
                            Anyone have experience successfully stretching a leather jacket? I have one that is about a size too small and am wondering if there are any tips or tricks to it beside just sucking it up and wearing it a few hours a day
                            wearing it many hours a day, with massive norvegian wool sweater underneath ;)

Jokes apart... I think you should tell us more about this jacket, i.e.: which leather (lamb, bison, horse...) and maybe which brand, if someone had similar experience...

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by smudge View Post
                              there is a solution you can apply to the leather, then put the jacket on for about an hour maybe, should work pretty fine

something like this, even though made for shoes, should work
                              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• smudge
                                • Jul 2012

Thanks zam! Helpful as usual :)

The jacket is a carpe diem made in calf I believe, but I'm not too sure since there are no labels attached. A little thicker than some RO roo weight, so I'd guess it's around mid weight for leather.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎