Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Espresto
    • Feb 2016

I just got a pair of RO cargo pods, and when I wear them the drop crotch occasionally pokes out the back in such a way that it comes to a very noticeable point. Does this mean they're too big? Or is it just the fabric and is there nothing that can be done?

Comment

• nonomomo
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by t3hg0suazn View Post
      I would just keep wearing them down until more leather is exposed, then add a vibram heel. Heel tap on rubber seems iffy
      Originally posted by lowrey View Post
      I recall seeing taps being used on them by someone. I personally hate taps on any footwear
      Thank you for your inputs. I will probably wear them for awhile more before taking them to the cobbler to grind it down. Doubt I can evenly wear the sole down.

Cheers

Comment

• Lohikaarme
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by nonomomo View Post
        Thank you for your inputs. I will probably wear them for awhile more before taking them to the cobbler to grind it down. Doubt I can evenly wear the sole down.

Cheers
        Blackfedora documented turning his drips into shoes with normal rubber soles. There's a thread, somewhere.

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
          • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Espresto View Post
          I just got a pair of RO cargo pods, and when I wear them the drop crotch occasionally pokes out the back in such a way that it comes to a very noticeable point. Does this mean they're too big? Or is it just the fabric and is there nothing that can be done?
          They might too big for you, and it could also be the material. I have a pair of mainline silk pods that do this - I've lost a bit of weight since I got those. To prevent that while standing still, you can just spread out your legs a bit to negate it as a quick fix.
          who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• gregor
            • Oct 2014

i think rick stuff, the dropcrotch especially, looks far better in motion than static. i had a pair of waxed pods that did that a lot, but when i walked they looked fine.

Comment

• gawkrodger
              • Jun 2013

think I've asked this on here before, but didn't really get much of an answer.

One of my rick leathers (intarsia moto - made in Italy) leather code LBO has a strong leather smell. Not so much a traditional leather smell - the last time i visited my mother I was wearing the jacket the smell of the jacket made her think there was a gas leak in the kitchen!

Anyhow, the smell doesn't bother me, but my vegan girlfriend refuses to go anywhere with me if I'm wearing it.

Suggestions for getting the smell out would be greatly appreciated - I've hung it outside a whole load and that hasn't made any noticeable difference

Comment

• Nickefuge
                • Nov 2014

I have a black leather bag that used to smell like fish when I first got it and leaving it outside on the balcony for two weeks helped, but as you’ve already tried that, I’d suggest bringing it to a place that cleans leather garments and see what they can do.
                "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                -Paris Hilton

Comment

• DudleyGray
                  • Jul 2013

Maybe try sealing it in a trash bag with activated charcoal.
                  bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• augustinn
                    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by gawkrodger View Post
                    think I've asked this on here before, but didn't really get much of an answer.

One of my rick leathers (intarsia moto - made in Italy) leather code LBO has a strong leather smell. Not so much a traditional leather smell - the last time i visited my mother I was wearing the jacket the smell of the jacket made her think there was a gas leak in the kitchen!

Anyhow, the smell doesn't bother me, but my vegan girlfriend refuses to go anywhere with me if I'm wearing it.

Suggestions for getting the smell out would be greatly appreciated - I've hung it outside a whole load and that hasn't made any noticeable difference
                    That relationship may be doomed...

Comment

• sunny
                      • Dec 2012

Other than fitting, any differences between male and female RO sneakers.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                        • Nov 2014

Has anyone on here handled or even owned clothing from the Italian brand "Transit"? If so, how does it hold up and how (fair) is production?
                        "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                        -Paris Hilton

Comment

• gregor
                          • Oct 2014

transit uomo or whatever? it's solid stuff. i'd compare it to poeme or berini.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                            • Nov 2014

Yes, Transit Uomo. Thanks!
                            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                              • Jul 2013

When did Devoa start using Guidi leather?

Comment

• Koltzorz
                                • Mar 2016

Should I be storing my leather jackets in dust bags? There's a dust bag from the hanger project that I'm eyeing.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎