X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beyondthemeans
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by smudge View Post
    Has anyone had an issue with their CCP leathers stretching at the shoulder? I've had mine on the included hanger zipped since I've received it and the top shoulder seam seems to have stretched about a half inch past the lining for it on the left side so you can see a line on the shoulder

Would appreciate any tips for from anyone who has been able to fix the shoulder stretching.
    There is no way to fix this, unfortunately (correct me if I'm wrong). Get those wide hangers for leather jackets, you can find them on ebay or even at some bigger supermarkets.

Comment

• Sverrenor
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by okayvin View Post
      don't hang it? or get a suit hanger. i don't even hang my wool coats. i don't hang any tops except for cotton shirts
      But how do you then stock your outerwear? Long-ass horizontal shelves in the closet seems unpractical. Just curious.
      Last edited by Sverrenor; 01-06-2016, 10:22 AM. Reason: Half of the post was off-topic.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

^ this is off-topic - we have hi-fi thread in the culture section, including headphone recs.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sverrenor
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          ^ this is off-topic - we have hi-fi thread in the culture section, including headphone recs.
          Thanks, Faust. I'll put the other part in the culture section right away.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
            There is no way to fix this, unfortunately (correct me if I'm wrong). Get those wide hangers for leather jackets, you can find them on ebay or even at some bigger supermarkets.
            there are a few options to prevent this:

1. wider hangers like the ones above. This will help a lot compared to regular hangers, but some heavier jackets or knits might still stretch if there is no grip.

2. anti slip hangers - there are for example ones with a velvety surface, though many of them are thin which is not good. Wider ones such as the suit hangers with an anti slip surface exist, but can be hard to find. then there are plastic ones with some sort of anti-slip surface, some have a coarse texture on the sides or somehing like this. These might not work with everything though.

3. anti-slip tape or strips. there are products like this or you can probably find some universal grip tape etc and get crafty. or put rubber bands on the ends of hangers, or google "diy anti slip hanger".

whatever you do, make sure the hangers are wide though, because even if they don't slip wire hangers or thin wooden / plastic ones can leave notable marks especially on leathers.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• smudge
              • Jul 2012

Thanks for the feedback! Got a whole new lot of wide hangers. It seems the supplied CCP hanger was about an inch short shoulder to shoulder which caused the shoulder seam of the leather to pull from weight of the sleeve/titanium. Hanging it on the wider hanger has removed the puckering and dimples in the sleeve cap but it still remains that the left shoulder seam to neckline is about an half inch longer than the right one. Any ideas of how to shrink it? I've read the thread about washing and drying it but I wonder if anyone has had experience doing it for a certain spot only. Maybe ironing with some muslin over the leather?

Comment

• FiggRow
                • Feb 2014

Anyone know of any pitch black skinny pants made of majority cotton with some polyurethane?

Comment

• Ahimsa
                  Vegan Police
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by FiggRow View Post
                  Anyone know of any pitch black skinny pants made of majority cotton with some polyurethane?
                  Look at recent Julius. I wear quite a few pairs from them with polyurethane mixed in. Prism(ss15) had some of that kind.
                  StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• okayvin
                    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Sverrenor View Post
                    But how do you then stock your outerwear? Long-ass horizontal shelves in the closet seems unpractical. Just curious.
                    i don't have leather jackets so i fold/bundle things i am not wearing and drape or hang the active set

Comment

• GucciAmen
                      • Sep 2014

Unsure where to post this but... Could anyone recommend me a good tailor in Toronto for repairs?

Thanks!

Comment

• sshum88
                        • Dec 2007

I know it may be a bit far but I take all my stuff to Studio Kim's at 766 King Street West.

Originally posted by GucciAmen View Post
                        Could anyone recommend me a good tailor in Toronto for repairs?

Thanks!
                        Originally posted by eat me
                        If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• GucciAmen
                          • Sep 2014

Sheesh, 31 minute commute from my office but if they're worth it I'll give it a shot! Thanks so much Stewart.

Comment

• gregor
                            • Oct 2014

ms. kim is a great lady, and runs a great business, but honestly, i've always been really happy with paul's tailors. it's probably a tad closer to your office as well, and is great for suiting, though awesome at everything else i've had them do as well.

Comment

• GucciAmen
                              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by gregor View Post
                              ms. kim is a great lady, and runs a great business, but honestly, i've always been really happy with paul's tailors. it's probably a tad closer to your office as well, and is great for suiting, though awesome at everything else i've had them do as well.
                              Hmm just found him out too. I'm looking for some seam repairs on a pair of P13's I acquired. Does Paul work with that? Magic tailors seems to have a sterling reputation.

Comment

• gregor
                                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by GucciAmen View Post
                                Hmm just found him out too. I'm looking for some seam repairs on a pair of P13's I acquired. Does Paul work with that? Magic tailors seems to have a sterling reputation.
                                it should be. magic is aweomse value, but i kind of give the edge to paul's, though it's a bit of personal preference. harry and jack are the guys who own it iirc, and they're both great guys. if they mess anything up (which has never happened) they're happy to redo it all free. they also have a rather notable clientele in celebrities. it's a good place to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎