Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the breaks
    • Sep 2007

The "high tongue" version is 10x harder than the low tongue IMO. Probably explains why almost all of the second hand ones are high tongue.
    Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• neongud
      • Mar 2013

What is everyone's favorite material composition for pods? Contemplating a new pair.

Comment

• unwashed
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
        The "high tongue" version is 10x harder than the low tongue IMO. Probably explains why almost all of the second hand ones are high tongue.
        Didn't even know there were different versions. Maybe I'm blind, but I cannot distinguish short vs high tongue on google images.

Originally posted by neongud View Post
        What is everyone's favorite material composition for pods? Contemplating a new pair.
        I got rid of a moleskin version, because to much dust stuck to it and replaced with a jersey version which is now my favorite rick shorts.
        Also jersey just feels better, pyjama like...
        Grailed link

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
          • Dec 2012

besides fabric, what's the difference between RO mainline pods and Drkshdw pods?
          is the cut identical? and what about sizing? I know that drksdhw runs gigantic (I wear 50 in RO leathers, and S in drkshdw bottoms), but what about mainline pods? (I only have a pair of mainline pants in 50, fit is ok but I figure a 48 might have been a bit better).
          thx

Comment

• dduyyy
            • Jul 2014

What do you guys think about wearing shorts with big calves. Im not so tall (178cm) and my calves measurement is ~41cm, so I always have a feeling that wearing shorts make me look much shorter.

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by dduyyy View Post
              What do you guys think about wearing shorts with big calves. Im not so tall (178cm) and my calves measurement is ~41cm, so I always have a feeling that wearing shorts make me look much shorter.

you are the same height as I am, my calves are bigger than yours. Measuring in at 44cm from years of soccer and cycling.
              I wear shorts all the time, even in the winter......
              Stop worrying so much, enjoy who you are.
              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• neostrifeX
                • Jun 2013

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                Didn't even know there were different versions. Maybe I'm blind, but I cannot distinguish short vs high tongue on google images.

I got rid of a moleskin version, because to much dust stuck to it and replaced with a jersey version which is now my favorite rick shorts.
                Also jersey just feels better, pyjama like...
                Not the best examples, but I think this is what the breaks is referring to:

Short

High

Comment

• Arkady
                  • Apr 2011

Bottom's laced three holes less - it's the same boot.

Comment

• HugAndWug
                    • Aug 2014

How do you people feel about Guidis vs Marsell for footwear? I've only owned Guidis but there's a pair of Marsell Derbies that I'm somewhat interested in and while it's a good deal I feel like I'd be making a mistake buying them over a pair of Guidis.

Comment

• Arkady
                      • Apr 2011

Don't do it -- while Marsell isn't bad quality they're still gluing some components etc. I hear some horror stories.

Comment

• HugAndWug
                        • Aug 2014

Thanks. All I remembered of them was an older post from Faust? saying he liked them. I'd be more inclined to go with Marsell if they even stated their construction method but there isn't too much information and they don't state anything themselves.

Comment

• Arkady
                          • Apr 2011

The other issue is the fit, they have some strange sizing that is generally 1 - 2 sizes bigger than stated size but varies model to model.

Comment

• bukka
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                            The other issue is the fit, they have some strange sizing that is generally 1 - 2 sizes bigger than stated size but varies model to model.
                            You're talking about Guidi right?
                            Last edited by bukka; 02-12-2016, 06:49 PM. Reason: Misspelled
                            Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by HugAndWug View Post
                              Thanks. All I remembered of them was an older post from Faust? saying he liked them. I'd be more inclined to go with Marsell if they even stated their construction method but there isn't too much information and they don't state anything themselves.
                              Guidi is a better product without a doubt.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Arkady
                                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by bukka View Post
                                You're talking about Guidi right?
                                Ahaha this too, however Marsell can be even more batshit with some 11s fitting a 13.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎